WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2002, 12:41 PM   #1  

Default Shopping list???? HELP

HELP!!! I am starting my WW diet again today anyone have any ideas on the MUST haves to get at the store today. Like the Weight watcher staples. I sat down and tried to come up with a list and all I can think about is all the sinful food I ate during the holidays. I gained 22 pounds since October so I truly need help.
Thanks a bunch
Jen
Old 01-05-2002, 11:22 PM   #2  
Is is spring yet??

Here is my list:

bottled water (lots of it)
carbonated water
fruit
egg beaters
light wheat bread
yogurt
juice
chicken (lots of it)
lite sour cream
skim milk
reduced fat peanut butter
reduced fat crackers
laughing cow cheese (yum!)
salsa
brummel and brown (margarine spread)
snackwell cookies and crackers
lean pork chops
pitas (for pita pizza)

Gosh I probably have lots more - but at this time that is all I can think of!

Tara
Old 01-06-2002, 12:18 PM   #3  

Default LF Peanut Butter

Just a word of caution on LF peanut butter. Most of the ones I've seen are exactly the same calories as the "full fat" version -- they just substitute sugar for fat, I guess. Some are maybe 10 calories lower per serving, which isn't that significant in the grand scheme of things.

I started "dieting" and ate a lot of FF things. Turned out I wasn't getting enough fat in my diet. I'm most satisfied when 20-25% of my calories come from fat. Plus, a lot of low fat foods substitute sugar for fat, and when I eat sugar (or carbs in general) it leads to me wanting more and more of it.

But if you're trying to keep your fat down, LF peanut butter is probably good. It's just tricky, because it sounds like it's going to be fewer calories and it often isn't.
Old 01-06-2002, 10:48 PM   #4  

Thanks for the replys, I have found that I do better with more protien and less carbs. Now It's just the search for the happy medium. I was doing atkins untill I got pregnant, now that I am nursing I can't do atkins. But after doing WW I don't think I would ever go back to Atkins I love WW it's it completly realistic which atkins never was for my lifestyle.

Thanks for all the shopping ideas. I found that I bought all the things I usually buy just not all the junk food.

Now the test is can I stick with it? I have to we are moving to Japan and we won't have a car. I don't think they want a beached whale (Me) colapsed on the street corner.

Thanks again
Jen
Closed Thread