Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 09-10-2007, 03:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

Default 3FatChicks?

I was wonder if there is a way to find out what has happened to the 3FatChick sisters that started this website. I used to read their journals, but can't remember what their names were and I seem to recall that one of the Chicks was going to have WLS and am wonder how she did. Boy I hate these senior moments. Noticed that they seem to be coming more regular lately!!! Anyway, if anyone knows, please let me know. Thank you.

I used to be a lurker here for years and was involved in about every diet on these boards. It seems to me that one of the sister also used to be a Weight Watcher. Oh, well....

Also wanted you to know that my cousin, has had her six month doctor supervised diet and they sent her for her psych eval. and she passed it, but before the psychiatrist will sign off on her, he wants her to have 3 mos. of counseling. I tried to encourage her by telling her that she will probably be ahead of some that are going for WLS, because she had a better chance of find out about her dependency on food and maybe able to deal with better. I have talked about some of your stories and your battles with food. It encouraged her a great deal.
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 03:57 PM   #2  
it's always something

Hi Amy had gastric bypass surgery in 2004. She did pretty well. She lost about 100 pounds after her sugery, but like many (if not most) WLS patients, she regained some weight as time went on.

Best of luck to your cousin It's a difficult process and not the best choice for most people, but necessary for some. I hope she does well
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 08:33 AM   #3  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

Default Re: Amy

Suzanne: I'm sorry about Amy's WLS experience. I hope you are all doing well, especially Amy. Thank you for your reply. WLS is a tough thing and not to be taken lightly. I have a sister who is slowly gaining weight after her WLS because of ill health. Her health was kind of precarious before the WLS. I think it stalled her heart condition for a while, but some things just can't be stopped. She was of the mindset that she couldn't gain weight after the WLS. It has been seven years for her and just in the last two years and 7 surgeries is when she started to put back on which of course has not helped her heart condition. I'm hoping that after I have my surgery that it will motivate her to get back on the bandwagon. Again thank you for your reply and my best to Amy.
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 06:14 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 264.5/185.3/150

Height: 5'1"

What happened to Jennifer?

Sorry I was wondering the same thing today. I started reading 3fatchicks when you all would post your weights every week. I would get so excited at your losses.
KathrynRose is offline   Reply With Quote