Old 09-09-2007, 10:38 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 252/210/145

Height: 5' 4"

Default Merry Christmas to me!

I started my Christmas book last night. I get one each year - a little notebook from Dollar General that I keep all my Christmas stuff in. You know - gift ideas for people, the December calendar page for parties, the kids' concerts and activities and when we're all done with classes for the holidays. Got me thinking how quick it will come.

Then I started thinking about the thread about goals and time sensitive goals and all that. I've never put a timeline on my weight loss - it just seemed like a good way to fail. But I think I'm going to try one.

What I'd like more than anything in the whole world for Christmas is to not be obese. I'd really like to be normal by then, but that's a big goal and I'm not going to set myself up to fail.

So... the first page of my Christmas book is one number, written large. 174. Overweight on the BMI chart. No longer obese. I'm even going to make a ticker for it. 18 pounds in a little over three months. Six pounds a month. Should be do-able. It would be my first Christmas in 19 years not obese because in 1988 I was pregnant with our oldest daughter and I've not been under 180 since she was born. Wouldn't that be an amazing thing???
traci in training is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 10:41 AM   #2  
So happy to be me :)

Height: 5' 7"

Traci

I love your goal of a no-longer-obese Christmas gift to yourself. I also LOVE that you do a Christmas notebook every year! I think I will have to steal that idea!
NewDay4MeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 03:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 343/293/199

Height: 5'8"

Thats an awesome idea!
xJox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 03:42 PM   #4  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Traci, that's a great idea! I think I just may join you in that quest. I have 13 lbs to lose until I'm no longer obese, Christmas sounds like a good, solid, doable goal.
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 02:37 PM   #5  

Bumping up to the front to go along with Christmas challenge.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:52 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

I do a Christmas notebook, too!!! My friends all tease me (but I know that inside their fuming with jealousy! ) I ADORE my notebook. It has my card list where I check off when they're sent (makes in much easier to keep track of how many family pictures to order, too!). I also have gift ideas, purchased, ordered (when ordered, when received), sent (to far away family), and I tape an envelope in the back for all receipts. That way, even in March or later, if something needs to be returned it's SIMPLE! I'm so glad someone does a notebook, too! Someone else can FEEL my joy!

(Do you also love to buy highlighters and colored pens???)

Last edited by royalsfan1; 09-19-2007 at 02:52 PM.
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 03:10 PM   #7  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

I'm sitting here chuckling because DH seems to believe that I'm the only insane one on the planet that has my little notebook! In addition to each person having their own page in the notebook, I've also found it to be an invaluable reference tool when the whole family is together and asking for gift ideas for my kiddos. I give out an idea or two, then jot down the person's name that I gave it to next to the item. When they call me a month from now and say they cannot remember the idea I gave them, I can quickly look it up and give them the same idea again.....certainly cuts down on the duplicate gifts!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 03:22 PM   #8  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

You ladies are just too doggone organized for me! I'm more of a "fly by the seat of my pants" kind of girl. I bet people like me drive you crazy!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 04:08 PM   #9  

I do that, too, Kelly!!!!!!!

hahah Rhonda - you're just like my husband!!!! And yes, we tend to make EACH OTHER crazy!
Old 09-19-2007, 04:37 PM   #10  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I don't have a notebook, but I do have a spreadsheet. Often times I will some gifts on sale after Christmas, and before they even get stowed away, I write down who they are for so I know the next year when I start my Christmas shopping!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 05:55 PM   #11  

And I save my little books. I can tell you what I got everyone five years ago, which sounds dumb, but I'm not the one who gives the same person the same thing two years in a row. I can also look up what brand of cIamera we got my mom two years ago so I can get her another memory chip.

I also put my recipes in it - anything new I tried, anything I found that I didn't get a chance to make so when the parties come around the next year I can see what I did and what I want to do. I know it sounds obsessive, but it makes my holiday season less stressful. It also helps me stay on budget - all the receipts are right there, so I can see that I've already spent more on so-and-so than I was going to, so I shouldn't pick up that really CUTE scarf that I know she'd like. ya know?
Old 09-19-2007, 06:59 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 285.4/285.4/150

Well I don't do the notebook thing but I usually have all my Christmas shopping done by Halloween then when I take my daughter to the malls closer to Xmas time I'll grab a soda and sit and people watch. Usually there ar 2 main groups of people sometimes you'll see people taking the time shopping walking hand in hand enjoying the festivies then other people get irate yelling at poor hubby for not helping, ripping lists in half each taking a half and going off in different directions.

So when it gets closer to Xmas and you see someone sitting on a bench in the mall remember to smile take a deep breath and be part of the first group.

I will now duck so I won't get hit by things being thrown at me for being done with my shopping by Halloween. LOL

Last edited by Val424; 09-19-2007 at 07:00 PM.
Val424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 02:01 AM   #13  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

My mom keeps a Christmas notebook of a whole other caliber. A few years ago she decided to start numbering our presents instead of putting names on them. This way the little kids couldn't go poking around looking for theirs (my siblings range in age from 30 to 8, so there are still little ones at home.), and it added a little bit of fun to things. So, she keeps a list of whose gift a particular number is and what it is. She doesn't let that sucker out of her sight for a second after she starts it. It's become one of my favorite things about Christmas, the mystery surrounding the gifts.
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 06:54 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gale02 View Post
My mom keeps a Christmas notebook of a whole other caliber. A few years ago she decided to start numbering our presents instead of putting names on them. This way the little kids couldn't go poking around looking for theirs (my siblings range in age from 30 to 8, so there are still little ones at home.), and it added a little bit of fun to things. So, she keeps a list of whose gift a particular number is and what it is. She doesn't let that sucker out of her sight for a second after she starts it. It's become one of my favorite things about Christmas, the mystery surrounding the gifts.
That is a GREAT idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-20-2007, 08:35 AM   #15  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by traci in training View Post
It also helps me stay on budget - all the receipts are right there, so I can see that I've already spent more on so-and-so than I was going to, so I shouldn't pick up that really CUTE scarf that I know she'd like. ya know?
Ooooh, forgot to mention this: Since I have my book/receipts with me all the time, if I stop at Target or where ever to pick up normal stuff (like tp) and see something on sale, I can pull out my receipt and get a price adjustment right then and there....more $$$ to spend!

I have to say, as I'm sitting here reading this thread, I'm so excited. I've started some of my shopping and will be done before Thanksgiving as I too like to enjoy the season without being frantic. I love the whole getting started process of making the lists and looking at sale ads and all the festivities! YIPPEE!!

Last edited by boaterswife; 09-20-2007 at 08:37 AM.
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote