Old 09-06-2007, 10:04 PM   #1  

Exclamation Clothes: Wedding Wear

Hi Everyone.

I will be going to a wedding at the end of the month and it is an early evening wedding-- 5 pm. What do I wear? I have never been to an evening wedding. I want to wear something that is appropriate. I have asked my mom for her opinion....and well...I would prefer to look like a 22 year old and not a 52 year old.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
adaynparadise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 10:34 PM   #2  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 250/225/150

Height: 5'5"

The most important thing to consider is not necessarily the time of day but how formal is the event? In a church usually equals formal, an outdoor wedding or somewhere other than a church equals more casual.

Generally a good rule of thumb for weddings is a dress (or skirt and top) that is not too sexy or revealing, not white, not too eye-catching (like bright colors, big bold patterns, etc.), something fairly simple yet classy and flattering is best. Traditionally dark colors (especially black) were frowned upon but not so much now-a-days, however people's opinions vary on this so it may just be safer to go with a lighter color. Heels or sandals are nice, but you don't want to choose 4 inch stilletos. Comfort is usually a big one when it comes to wedding attire.
wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 10:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 153/130/135

Height: 5'7"

How fun! Are the bride and groom an elegant couple, and/or do you have any insight as to the level of formality for the wedding? The reason I ask is that it helps determine what to wear. In general, I'd suggest you wear a cocktail dress or a lovely dressy skirt and blouse and if you wanted to top it off with a pretty wrap, it might be useful given that the event is late in the month (although since I don't know where the wedding will take place, maybe the weather will be balmy). If the invitation specifies black or white tie, or b. or w. tie optional, you must dress more formally -- a floor-length gown, for example. Either way, choose some nice jewelry and a clutch or other smallish purse. As far as colors are concerned, you can wear black or other dark or richer colors since it is evening. I would think a pastel might be better suited for the daytime but really, much depends upon how you look and feel in the garment.
Does this help? Were you thinking of wearing a dress/skirt, or had you something different in mind? I've been somewhat disappointed these days at what guests wear to weddings. I mean, a guest shouldn't look like she's on her way to pick up her groceries, nor should she look like she's on her way to a club! Let us know what you're thinking of choosing!
fatburner77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 11:06 PM   #4  
I restore Teeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaynparadise View Post
Hi Everyone.

I will be going to a wedding at the end of the month and it is an early evening wedding-- 5 pm. What do I wear? I have never been to an evening wedding. I want to wear something that is appropriate. I have asked my mom for her opinion....and well...I would prefer to look like a 22 year old and not a 52 year old.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
That's pretty funny. I think you should wear a mini-dress for the evening, if your mum won't mind! I personally love dresses above the knee with heels, or a dress that hits at the knee. Anything below that screams middle-age....not that it cant be attractive.
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote