Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-05-2007, 03:41 PM   #1  
one more time...

S/C/G: 183/157.8/133

Height: 5'4" no, 5'5"! I grew!

Default I've been realllly bad and need help

Somehow I've managed to gain about 8 lbs in 2 weeks. I didn't even think that was physically possible. I know I've gone rather off plan (tons of stressful stuff and I just couldn't deal with dieting too) but still. EIGHT LBS??? In TWO WEEKS?!
Any suggestions as to what could be causing this? (Other than eating badly) As far as I know I'm not Pg.
I think my average daily intake during this time has been around 400 cal higher than normal. That's awful I know.
TIA
booskibabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 03:48 PM   #2  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Were you eating less carbs before? Were you drinking less water over the last two weeks?

If you were eating less carbs before than you are now, it's possible that your body put some glycogen weight back on. If you haven't been drinking enough water, you could be dehydrated and retaining water... I'm willing to bet that only a couple of those 8 pounds are actual fat, if that.

Once you get back on plan and your body fluids get settled in again, I'm sure you'll drop back down in no time.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 04:01 PM   #3  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Stress makes me retain water like WHOA. Two weeks ago my mom was diagnosed with cancer and while I was at her place for the surgery etc., I 'gained' three pounds. Not as much, I know, but some of your gain could just be your body reacting to stress.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 04:24 PM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

booskibabe, it's probably not all fat. Some of it is water retention, especially if you were eating carbs and salty foods. But, some of it probably is fat.

You say you only went over by 400 cals a day, if I understand you correctly. That wouldn't be enough to go up 8 pounds--but I'm wondering whether that 400 cals is accurate. It's easy to eat over a thousand calories extra, even two thousand, if you're having certain kinds of foods.

I hope you're back on track now! Sorry about the high stress--that sure doesn't help (and leads to water weight also).

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 05:24 PM   #5  
one more time...

Thank you so much for your helpful replies. I've definately been eating more carbs than before, and although I tried to enter stuff into Fitday I'm sure I forgot some things. That's why I'm estimating 400 extra, because with what I've entered into Fitday I'm 200 over normal a day. Make sense?

Wow am I glad to know stress really does cause temporary weight gain. At least I knowI'm not crazy!

I'm striving to get back on track,and your replies have certainly been encouraging.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:28 PM   #6  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

You hang in there, booski!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 06:40 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 161/156/140

Height: 5'10ish

I did this same thing a few weeks ago...I went way off plan due to stress and my period and as soon as I started TOM and relaxed a little almost all the weight came off. Don't worry about it, just relax, drink lots of water the next few days and it will probably come off.
JamieY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 09:36 PM   #8  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

There are always going to be times of stress in our lives - always. There are also always going to be times when we veer off track, stress induced and not stresss induced as well.

The trick is to not let those times turn into weeks and weeks and months on end. Get right back on track. The sooner the better. Get right back to the healthy eating. You'll have those eight pounds gone before you know it. Even sooner then you may think. Good luck!!!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 10:58 AM   #9  
one more time...

Thanks again for all the encouragement. I'm down about 1.5 lbs in one day (from yesterday to today) just by getting back OP. Maybe I can do this again after all.