General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 09-04-2007, 08:06 PM   #1  

Default I dyed!

About 6 weeks ago, I decided to dye my hair from brown to red. The red I started with was pretty bland....it was very natural looking, but kinda too brownish orange IMO. So today I picked a new shade of red. And it is..............RED. Very, very red. Just wondering, for those of you who dye, and more specifically those who dye to a hard-to-keep color, if there is a brand of shampoo/conditioner color extender that actually does a good job (and doesn't cost a ton).
WinterStarzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 09:25 PM   #2  

Congratulations on coming over to the fun side!! I use Pureology, which is a professional product, but really keeps my hair vibrant. Loreal and Pantene both have anti-fading color shampoos, which may work well. I only wash my hair every 2 days (3 if I can get away with it), and I use an antifade conditioner as well. I also don't sit in the sun, as that will fade your hair too. I love my red hair, but it really is high maintenance!!
Darby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 04:53 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Pantene Expressions shampoo and conditioner-the kind for red hair.

I am a licensed cosmotologist, and user of it myself!
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 05:21 PM   #4  
Addicted to potato salad!

I always try to recommend a shampoo with a sunscreen as well as formulated for colored hair. Matrix and Paul Mitchell have nice color-safe shampoos available at salons. Make sure you condition a lot and protect your hair from the sun...even consider using a hat or do-rag if you are doing yard work. Red are the first pigment molecules to escape a hair strand, so keeping it in good condition will help to smooth your hair strand and keep those cuticles from letting the red go.

Enjoy your new color!!
techwife is offline   Reply With Quote