Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-04-2007, 12:32 PM   #1  
I CAN DO THIS!!

S/C/G: 360.6/335.4/140

Height: 5'7½"

Cool the good, the bad, and the ugly

So, here I am, 2 months (as of Aug 30th) into my new lifestyle. I am feeling tremendously better. I have lost 24.5 lbs and 4.5 inches (the inches are just in the last month - I didn't take measurements in the beginning). I can wear my wedding rings again, my feet are no longer swollen, and I started a C25K program with the plan of working up to a triathlon by next Sept. I can't believe the crap and quantity of it that I used to eat.

So yesterday, I wanted to take some commemorative 25 lbs lost photos... oh, bad idea (though, I expect that in a year I will be glad to have them). DH (the D still standing for dear at this point) is taking the photos and after each one I am walking back over to him to review them with increasing horror. I am nearly in tears by the 3rd picture and caring man that he is says (and I quote), "Yeah, well, think about how long I've had to look at it" - "it" being me. Thanks, hon - that's a great way to be supportive. I have some other choice words for the D in DH now!

Anyway, after a couple hours of not speaking to him, I reminded myself that I am doing this for me not him and that I have made a lot of improvements... maybe a new DH is in order. Oh, he tried to redeem himself later by saying that my butt is getting smaller - at this point though I wasn't interested in what he had to say so I told him to kiss it.

Thanks for letting me share... and for sharing your stories as well.
gina1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 12:43 PM   #2  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

Good way to deal with it.....I am sure he probably didnt mean it the way it came out, but still sounded bad....

You are doing great and remember, you ARE doing it for YOU and no one else!!!
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 12:46 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/209/160

Height: 5'9

Ouch! Yes, I think the 'D' could stand for all manner of things besides 'dear'.

Still, ignore him and be proud of your accomplishments! You're feeling great and looking better. That's the important thing!
baffled111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 12:50 PM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

The least he could have done was add, "...and I still love you madly!" But, clearly he didn't think of that. Duh.

Don't be discouraged! It's only been two months! That's a good rate of loss, and if you keep that up, you'll be at your goal around a year from now. (I know that seems like forever, but the time will pass whether you are losing weight or not.)

Hang in there! And pfffft to your DH!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 01:29 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Men! What more needs to be said!

(Oh, sorry Gary, if you're reading this!!)

Gina~you've made amazing progress! Don't let the DH's comments get to you. Join us in the C25K monthly thread! And as painful as they are, you'll be happy to see the photos this time next year when you will have met your goal! Good luck.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 02:30 PM   #6  
pole princess!

S/C/G: 136.5/136.5/107

Height: 4'10"

Well I for one am proud of anyone who can lose 25 pounds in 2 months - GOOD JOB! Please focus on that instead of you hubby's verbal flub up
He is, after all - just a man, they don't even relize how insensitive they sound sometimes.
Blueyedblond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 02:50 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

OUCH! I would be thinking of other things to call him other than Dear too! My husband is like that as well so I can sympathize. EX: I bought a pair of jeans a year ago and couldn't get into them. Well about two months later I finally got into them all zipped up and buttoned up and I was really proud of myself. I will say that they were too tight still to wear comfortably. My dear hubby at this point walks in the bedroom and I start telling him about how I'm so happy that I can finally fit into these jeans and he interrupts and says "Well they are still waayy too tight!" Oooh I was so deflated. I've got many others to say the least!
blondebritbrat17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 07:46 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 322/255/175

Height: 5'6"

Hi Gina,
OMIGOSH! It sounds llike my kids! They'll see someone on TV and say, "MOmmy, that guy/girl is nearly as big as YOU are!" To which I'm thinking, "Oh THAT'S nice!" But.....they are just kids - now if DH would come up with that, I guess that would be a different story. He's almost TOO enabling - "Don't worry hon, I love you - you can eat that!" Well, NO I can't because at 308 pounds I'm a walking time bomb!!

Your accomplishment is really great - I've been sitting around with only a 6 pound loss for 2-3 weeks now - but....they say 2 pounds a week is good, so I guess I'll take it!
mom2fivesweeties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 10:44 AM   #9  
I CAN DO THIS!!

S/C/G: 360.6/335.4/140

Height: 5'7½"

Thanks everyone for the kind words and support. It is really great to know that I can come here to share the struggles and successes of weight loss with so many caring people.

Thanks,
gina1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 01:03 AM   #10  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

DH = dumb husband in this case - LOL!

My husband took the first pictures for me in May and he thought they were hilarious. He was sticking his foot in the pictures to make it look like it was right up my behind. Real nice, eh? He got an earfull for that.

My second set was taken last month and even though I have lost something close to 20 inches (but only 8 pounds) I look exactly the same. So hang in there, things will get better and one day you'll look at the pictures and see teh difference and then all the "before" and "during" pictures will be worth it!
cakses is offline   Reply With Quote