Old 09-01-2007, 05:27 PM   #1  
Bri

S/C/G: 243/241/155

Height: 5'7

Angry scared of clothes?????HUH

Does anyone have problems feeling scared to buy clothes? Its my worst fear to go out of this house thinkin I could get into a 16 and then get shot down by the pair of pants I tried on, or a blouse I have wanted but couldnt fit into. Thats what Im affraid of, I am a total shopaholic, but clothes I cant do it right now, Im so affraid!
usmcwifeand4kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 05:38 PM   #2  
Resident Molly

S/C/G: 231/191/160

Height: 5ft 8in

It isn't the clothes I am scared of. It is the circus mirrors that they have in the changing room!!!! Now THAT scares me!!! lol I get terribly disappointed shopping for clothes. So I have decided that once I hit my Mini goal I will get myself new outfit. A nice shirt of two and a new pair of jeans! That will be a nice reward!
LeiGul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 05:51 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcwifeand4kids View Post
Does anyone have problems feeling scared to buy clothes? Its my worst fear to go out of this house thinkin I could get into a 16 and then get shot down by the pair of pants I tried on, or a blouse I have wanted but couldnt fit into. Thats what Im affraid of, I am a total shopaholic, but clothes I cant do it right now, Im so affraid!
I try not to let sizes hurt my feelings, clothing designers can pretty much make anything they want and call it whatever size they want, it might as well be size Purple Eagle Flying as a size 10 for all the sense it makes.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 06:12 PM   #4  
Hot Mama

S/C/G: 201/192/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

i hate clothes shopping but i buy 3 sizes that i always know fit, L ,xl, xxl(shirt sizes) and try to buy jeans by the same brand and size as what i already have that fit i wont ever do that again.
i tried clothes shopping in late may and walked away with a pair of fat shorts and was able to buy new clothes in june? and thats where i got the jeans i love, but i wont wear one pair cause i dont want the hem messed up by the red dirt outside lol
the only plus is i finally found a bra that fit
lissa9501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 07:35 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 251/190/175

Height: 5'10

I have the same fears about shopping. I can feel my clothes getting looser (even though I've been on a darn plateau for over a week!) and I just can't break down and buy anything new! LOL, circus mirros are SCARY in the dressing room. I do like that my Fashion Bug has a 3 way mirror to see from all angles but I think it's tilted or something because I always look taller and leaner at the store and when I get home and look in my mirror I feel dumpy. Don't be afraid though all brands have such variations of the same sizes that you shouldn't let it stop you from buying something nice. Besides in a few months you'll be laughing because THOSE clothes will probably be too big and you'll have to go down another size!
vealcalf2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 10:13 PM   #6  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

Height: 5'5"

I used to be scared of clothing.

But I'm finding I like them more. I feel like some styles now a days are being made more for people with a little more curves.

I still have the hardest time finding jeans though. But it sounds like that's a problem for people no matter what their size is. Arg. I hate jeans.
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 11:00 PM   #7  
Doing it.

S/C/G: 208/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

I feel your pain. I live in my Old Navy Yoga pants and t-shirts. And I used to fit between 7-9 and bought new outfits every week when I was younger!!

I just keep telling myself that it will get better. I can't wait.
Jeannette311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 05:42 PM   #8  
girl toward svelte

S/C/G: 196/ticker/150

Height: 5'10''

It's embarrassing too, when they dont even carry my size. Right now I'm in a 16 Long for jeans (it HAS to be long, I can't get away with regulars, I'm 5'10) and at the malls, they usually only carry a tall through a 12. I just can't wait to be able to go to the store, and see something I like, and be able to buy it 1) because I know there will be a size that fits me and 2) I will buy it not becuase it fits, but because it is amoung those things I have picked out that flatter my body. I wont have to buy something that is only okay, but is the only thing that fits. [ppppfffttt!] Well, I'm sure a 12 is less than 6 months away if I just keep at it.
audreymonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 06:19 PM   #9  

Height: 5'5"

i hate shopping period. i dont really care about the size (ok I KIND of do... but most of the time I'm ok if I need to go up one or two) but clothes can be SO unflattering. I have a weird body too it takes me like 8 tries to find a pair of pants that fit. Just trying on - seeing awful - trying on - seeing awful etc makes it **** to me. So I just try to avoid it.
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 09:35 PM   #10  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

right now i know what fits and stick with that until my clothes start to feel big on me then i try a size small if that does not work it go to the good old stand by of a belt until the new cloths fit that way i am not running to and from the store because shoppping is not me first choice of activities.

shirts on the other hand are a little trickier for me. i have wide shoulders among other things to consider. we'll leave it at that.
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 09:15 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

I love clothing shopping but it is very hard because I never know when I go to the store now I don't know what size I wear. I taken to when I go to the store and try on clothing I always grab the same outfit in 2 or 3 sizes (the size I think I wear, and at minimum one larger, sometimes one smaller). That way it saves trip to the changing room and I can figure out if it is the cut of the outfit that makes me not want it or if it was the wrong size.

I have to say one of the most exciting things about my weight loss is I am now a small 16/large 14 in pants and a large in tops so I can now go into all the trendy stores and find stuff I like!

Try stores like old navy and fashion but. They carry up to a size 16 in thier misses department.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 09:28 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

I don't quite feel secure shopping for pants yet. Once I can fit all the size 6's that I currently own, I will start pants shopping. For now, I just buy shirts. I tried buying pants a little while ago and it wasn't a fun experience. I'm still much bigger than I'd like to be.
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 10:01 PM   #13  

Height: 5'9"

The new style of jeans that are just coming out are my FAVORITE. They're the wide leg jeans with a little higher waiste.

the problem is, my thighs are too big for them.

I hate not having the right body for fashion.
Amberelise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 05:36 PM   #14  
.::On a Mission::.

S/C/G: 257/*Ticker*/150

Height: 5'2"

I'm currently on a no clothes buying strike!! The ordeal of shopping as a size 22/24 is depressing and frustrating!! So I decided to channel that energy as motivation to lose weight ... and not buy any more clothes until what I have now ... doesn't fit anymore ... b/c it will be too big of course ...

Last edited by MadamePJ; 09-14-2007 at 05:37 PM.
MadamePJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 10:15 PM   #15  
Harl-E-quinn Groupie

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadamePJ View Post
I'm currently on a no clothes buying strike!! The ordeal of shopping as a size 22/24 is depressing and frustrating!! So I decided to channel that energy as motivation to lose weight ... and not buy any more clothes until what I have now ... doesn't fit anymore ... b/c it will be too big of course ...
OMG i totally agree with you there ! its not the clothes that depress me its the numbers ! i always wondered , why dont they make more trendy clothes for big girls even more fashion foward places dont ..... theres no bright colors current fashions or staple peices and when i finally find them they arent of the greatest quality and they wanna charge an arm and a leg for it , i do how ever find i have found a few tricks that work for me .... A Line skirts that hit just below the knee in nice fabrics and nutruel colors and fitted solid color tops , paired with flats and some nice chunky jewlery it looks nice =)
CHUNKEY_MUNKEY is offline   Reply With Quote