Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 09-01-2007, 12:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/230/130

Height: 5'6

Default Skin removal

OK if this is in the wrong section, please move.

I have this really neurotic fear that I will lose 100+ pds and will have skin everywhere. I have no idea where this intense fear comes from. Not sure if it' some way to avoid the weightloss. Maybe it's this fatalistic "Oh-my-gawd-i-have-gotten-so-fat-and-will-never-be-normal-looking-again." I think it may stem from when I was 17 and had my first child and my mother hounded me to lose the weight before I "got all stretched out and never looked right again."

Has anyone lost 100+ and NOT needed the surgery? Has anyone had the surgery? I searche for a thread and couldn't find one.

Please feel free to be as brutally honest as necessary.
StephR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 12:59 PM   #2  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Sounds like you missed this Forum in your search. . . lots of information on just this topic . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=219 . . . hope the information helps . . .
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 01:02 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/230/130

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowee View Post
Sounds like you missed this Forum in your search. . . lots of information on just this topic . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=219 . . . hope the information helps . . .
WOW! Thanks. I'm dancing around all happy.

it's so nice sometimes in life to find exactly what you are looking for.
StephR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 11:42 PM   #4  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Welcome StephR!
I hope that you have found all the answers to your questions here.

But don't let the potential for loose skin (which is a solveable issue) keep you from losing weight. Never let that stand in your way of health.
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote