Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 02:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/186.5/130

Height: 5'3

Default Alchol and Points

I have a question about the weekly points. If you saved them all up, does it matter if the way you choose the spend them is on alchol or beer? My b-day is coming up, and I was just curious if this would work or should I just not do it like this, or does it not really matter
Old 08-31-2007, 03:05 PM   #2  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Oooh - be careful of doing this regularly - when I did WW, I would try to save 8 points for a bottle of white wine... then I had to cut back on food!
Old 08-31-2007, 03:56 PM   #3  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

I've had numerous leaders, and they all have said that the "1 drink a day for women and 2 for men" maximums are EVERY SINGLE DAY, whether you are using your daily points or your weekly points allowance. So, I would say be reasonable. 2-3 sounds fine for that special occasion but I wouldn't go much higher. It it just empty calories that aren't doing you any good!

Try to switch off 1 alcoholic drink with 1 glass of water as the night goes on. Or you can STRETCH those 2-3 glasses to 4-6 glasses if you get wine spritzers. Have a fun birthday!
Old 09-01-2007, 09:29 AM   #4  
Cowboy Up Chick

You can use your flex points however you wish. While W/W promotes the healthy guideline of an AVERAGE of 1 drink for a woman 2 drinks for a man a day...that doesn't mean you are limited to it.

I came from the time of ranges and would say most of my points for weekends so I could enjoy my Fri/Sat partying with no ill effects.

I still got in my (what are now called) 8 Healthy Guidelines and still could enjoy my drinks EACH AND EVERY weekend.

Now I am older (way, way older) and drinks come 2-3 a day when I have them but usually I'd rather have a soda or Crystal lite.

You can get your 8 HG with just your daily points and use all your weekly that day for your enjoyable adult beverages if you want. THat is totally your choice.

Just remember that alcohol dehydrates you so you may weight more after you drink because your body is retaining water.
Closed Thread