Old 08-31-2007, 11:09 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 235/219/140

Height: 5'7''

Default working out and being ill...

Well I had a 5 day workout goal this week and on wednesday I came down with a sinus and alittle cold that left me really under the weather. So I only got 1 workout mon, 2 on tues and 1 on wednesday. I had motivation to workout still on thursday but when it came down to it, I just feel like a failure I have been doing so good and now this. I kept on my eating plan but urgh.

So I guess I need to get your guys opinion on how you get back up when you feel you have had a bad day. I am really extreme in my personality and want to find a balance. I need to know that although I did not hit my goal that I can not just throw my hands in the air and be done with it. Any advice on how you do it would be helpful.

thanks
Falina
Hope20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 01:24 PM   #2  

Height: 5'5"

Hey Hope!

Great job on committing to a goal and then working hard to see it through! It's frustrating to hit an obstacle and then not meet a goal, and I so relate to the personality extremes that you discuss.

Personally, I think that you've done exactly the right thing. You came here, took accountability for not meeting the goal that you set, and now you're developing a plan to meet that goal for the future. There will be times when each of us fails to meet our goals for the day or week - sometimes it will even be due to factors beyond our control. So, by setting and meeting your exercise goal for this upcoming week, you will have accomplished a few very important milestones. First, you will meet the goal - always a motivating thing. Secondly, you will prove to yourself that a setback does not equal failure - the most essential thing that I've learned about weight loss that has allowed me to have better success this time around than ever in the past.

You are so on this. Hope you're feeling better. And, incidentally, I've read that working out with a cold can be good for you. I'm not saying that you should have done that, and it sounds like you had more going on than just a cold, but just throwing it out there that being sick doesn't automatically mean that you can't exercise.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 01:49 PM   #3  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

I guess I need to get your guys opinion on how you get back up when you feel you have had a bad day. I am really extreme in my personality and want to find a balance. I need to know that although I did not hit my goal that I can not just throw my hands in the air and be done with it. Any advice on how you do it would be helpful.

thanks
Falina[/QUOTE]

I think everyone has a bad day, and if you are sick it may be a few bad days,but the important thing is to get up , brush yourself off, and get back on plan. I had a sinus cold a few weeks ago and took 2 days off from exercising, as soon as I felt well, I began again. The most important thing, is not to give up, so even if you begin in little steps, you can do it!!!!!
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 02:07 PM   #4  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

I do have bad days - I cannot exercise the day TOM arrives simply because I hurt too much as an example relating to exercise. I just start afresh the next day, because there's just nothing I can do to change the way my body reacts to TOM. If I get frustrated that's when things really turn to custard...
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote