Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-30-2007, 05:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Default Tired of your food?

I have been eating wonderful tree ripened peaches, vine ripened tomatoes, cucumbers and grapes and more. All of a sudden yesterday, I felt like I couldn't face another peach or tomato. Has anyone else ever had this happen? Doesn't count if you hate tomatoes in the first place .

Maybe I just need more variety, but it seems like all of the healthy stuff has a certain similarity. I chose some different things out of the freezer for today. I just don't want this to be the beginning of the end of my diet...It is not like I specifically want something else and, to my credit, I didn't eat a bunch of bad stuff to make me feel better about the deteriorating relationship between me and tomatoes.
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 05:49 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 233/198/133

Height: 5'3"

I have felt this too. Especially during harvest season when there is so much fresh produce.

Change it up a bit. Try a new fruit/veggie you've never had or maybe prepare it differently.

Don't let it get you down. You've done too well to let a tomato rule your life.
settie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 06:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

yes i have that happen to me...i get on a kick and eat something for weeks straight...and then totally bored with it. Just try shaking things up with different fruit...and then maybe the old ones will appeal to you again
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 07:21 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

I think pear season is about to start! I am glad to hear that I am not the only one.
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 07:43 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Got completely burned out on yogurt after eating it nearly every day for 2 years.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 08:02 PM   #6  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I'm so very fortunate. I eat the same lunch about 6X a week and have been for months on end. So far, I'm still loving it.

I did tire of egg white omlettes a few months ago and gave them up entirely. But, I've just gone back to them again recently and have been enjoying them once again. That just might happen with you and your tomatoes. So, yeah, give them a break - for now.

If you're getting bored, I certainly think it's time to do a little experimenting. Try some new veggies. And some new ways of preparing them. I recently discovered acorn squash - wow, is that good!!! I really, really think it's important to love what you're eating. Makes it so much easier to stay with this. In fact I absolutely could not stick to my plan if I didn't love everything I was eating. And I do change it up a bit, tweak the menu here and there. Sounds like you need to do the same.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 09:12 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 283/ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

Yes. I was doing Deliciously Yours. It was a good start to get a handle on portion sizes and the like, but after the second week, it all started to blend together. Today I got my final delivery (off the 4 week starter plan) and as I was unloading it, I realized how unappetizing it was to me. I have Peapod coming tomorrow, so after picking out a few entrees that I really like and a couple of the snacks, I repacked the cooler with ice, wrote "FREE FOOD" on it in marker and left it on the sidewalk in an area where homeless people in the area tend to hang out. A bit extreme, perhaps (and for some reason I felt a little condescending), but I knew I wouldn't eat any of it because I just couldn't stomach the thought of it, and it going to waste or being thrown away seemed to be a huge shame when there are legitimately hungry people right outside my door.
Bobbie Wickham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 09:55 PM   #8  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

I OD'd on broccoli not too long ago. I loved it and ate a ton of it until one day I took a bite and gagged. It was months before I could face it again!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 10:20 PM   #9  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I don't have that problem. I DID, on past diets. That's why I decided that I wasn't going to restrict myself or cut out food groups. I've gone on total rabbit diets and I ALWAYS got burned out and ended up gaining back all my weight. I'm typing this 20 minutes after having a Dove dark chocolate bar. But then I had a half a light muffin for breakfast, cottage cheese and tomatoe and cantaloupe for lunch, and a salad and grapes for dinner. Yesterday I had grilled chicken and corn, ham and swiss on a low carb tortilla....

I don't get burned out because I don't eat the same stuff constantly. I LOVE fruits, but I always have a variety. Pineapple one day, cantaloupe the next, watermelon, blueberries...just bought some strawberries earlier, and I have a bowl of apples, oranges and bananas. There are a LOT of things you can eat that are healthy, and a lot more you can eat in moderation and still maintain your calorie range, to prevent boredom from the same foods all the time.

Also, if you don't like tomatoes, and you've been eating and haven't developed a like for them, you may be setting yourself up for a failure by continuing to force yourself to eat something you dislike. Find healthy alternatives that you DO like, so you'll be sure to enjoy eating them, allowing you to more easily stick with them.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 10:30 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 209/209/160

Height: 5'9

I get tired of eating the same thing over and over. I was prepping the veggies for my veggie omelet last night and I thought, dammit, if I have to eat one more omelet with mushrooms and zucchini for breakfast, I might kill someone. So I had cereal with yogurt and berries instead. Yum!

There are tons of ways to eat healthily, and the nice thing is that mother nature encourages dietary diversity. You spend a couple of weeks eating nothing but asparagus and finally, when you get to the point that you can't bear it any more, something else is available and delicious. Ditto pineapple, peaches, tomatoes or whatever else.

Wanting variety in your diet should have NO IMPACT on your 'diet'. It's perfectly natural. Just think of new and delicious things to make.

(I am, however, jealous of my boyfriend, who can happily eat the same damn spinach salad with chicken for lunch, day in, day out. I can't do it.)
baffled111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 10:36 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

You're not alone! Two months of healthy eating are beginning to bore me. I was so used to eating DiGiorno pizzas & sweets, Hot Pockets and other microwave convenience foods that I've had to change and really think about what to eat!

How about allowing yourself low calorie small portions of the food you've crossed off the list? I get a hugely satisfying two pizzas a month ... but I buy the small 4 inch size with veggies & cheese, or chicken & veggies. A much better choice than a full size pepperoni or supreme, which are major no no's now.

Have you tried garlic or red pepper flakes, parm. cheese or a tiny bit of salad dressing to add flavor and zip to your foods? That's helped me alot with black beans, steamed veggies & chicken breast.

This wk end I'm surfing the food threads here at 3FC to write down some recipes I've seen ... fried rice type dishes, new to me foods to combat boredom. Good luck!

p.s. When I really get an extended craving for some verrrryyy bad food, I stand in front of the full length mirror without clothes on. I can see a difference since losing 17 lbs. and walking so much. I'll be *amned if I'm gonna put that weight on again!!!!!
Ladiibbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 11:32 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 280/280/190

Height: 5'7''

Same way! It's so hard for me cause I don't cook and I don't like a lot of foods (cannot stand lettuce, tomatoes, most veggies.) So I try to eat a lot of take out food that's considered healthy. For example, I probably had the Grilled McChicken sandwich 5 times this week. Always with a green bean side dish, sometimes carrots (from a can of course).

Breakfast is either Raisin Bran or boiled eggs...and plain tasting things get real old reaaal quick. I only like 3 types of fruit so I got to juggle that.

I struggle with this because I still have the urge to eat one, big unhealthy meal a day (like a medium pizza with some cokes) that would be within my calorie limit and still be delicious. Ahh.
CherryBlossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 01:11 AM   #13  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Angry

Egg white omelets make me gag. Scrambled egg whites with mushrooms -- blech. I'm currently OK with 3 egg whites and one whole egg scrambled with NO mushrooms (love the 'shrooms, just not in eggs anymore)...
I NEED PROTEIN IN THE MORNING, and other than eggs, what else is there????
freiamaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 01:23 AM   #14  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

It happens to me, but only if I eat the same thing too often; I need a little bit of variety, so as long as I get it, I'm okay with my food (healthy stuff has a ton of options, now that I've gone into researching more, and often it only takes a few herbs of spices to help).

What's odd is that now, it's all my old, sugary stuff I tend to find blah and boring--same old bland after-taste and added sugar in everything, no matter where I turn. Probably this is a good thing.
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 02:11 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by freiamaya View Post
I NEED PROTEIN IN THE MORNING, and other than eggs, what else is there????
Heh, whatever you want. Will the Breakfast Police arrest you if you eat non-breakfast foods? Have a turkey sandwich or something
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote