Whole Foods Lifestyle For discussion of whole foods and more natural diets.

Old 08-27-2007, 06:02 PM   #1  

Default Muffins

Hey everyone. They put in this new bakery at school and I think I am going to cry if I cant find an alternative type of baked good to eat. I was wondering if anyone had a recipe for a muffin that is all natural and high in fiber low in calories that would be amazzzing. just a plain muffin, recipe is fine because I can add my own variation of fruits and nuts.
ssmiley23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 06:30 PM   #2  

Height: 5'4"

Vitamuffins ROCK - and you can buy the mix as well !!!!!!!!! They are terrific plain as is - or toasted - YUM
witchyonadiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 07:07 PM   #3  

Yeah they are good, I like the chocolate ones but they are too expensive and I'm not sure my grocery store near my school will carry them. I was looking for something more along the lines of having like 6-7 ingredients, made with either whole wheat or bran or something like that, with a minimal amount of sugar and prefferably no oil, and around 100 calories. I found this one - http://www.halfmysize.com/recipes/bl...n-muffins.html and http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,194,1...236197,00.html
so those look pretty good, best I've seen so far at least. I was just checkin here to see if anyone had a super good recipe for me
Old 08-27-2007, 07:47 PM   #4  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

The blueberry bran muffins at "half my size" are amazing! I have this recipe and I absolutely love them!!
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 10:45 PM   #5  

Ahh thank you for the feedback! What bran do you use? I'm having a hard time finding one without HFCS. I think a couple of those organic brands have bran without it but once again, not sure if my grocery store will carry them.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:39 PM   #6  
What's this button do?

S/C/G: 323/282/150

Height: 5'6"

Health Nut Blueberry Muffins floored me. Sorry they're not super-basic (blueberries, buttermilk, banana in them) but they are AMAZING and freeze wonderfully.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 10:59 AM   #7  

Those look great! Thanks!