Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-27-2007, 05:09 PM   #1  

Height: 5'6"

Default A little mess up leads into a bigger one? Huh?

Geez. Don't ya hate Mondays? >=(

Today I came home a little stressed out. I had to be mean to some rude people today, but they just kept pushing my buttons. I didn't have a ride home from school so I had to snag one from a teacher. I've been stressing about college.

I came home and had lunch, which was soup and a South Beach bar, and I suddenly started to feel bad about the choices I had made for today. I was upset because I had leftovers for breakfast and for the South Beach bar.

Why is it that when we feel like we messed up a little we go and mess it up MORE?

So I had some dried apricots (about 4-5 servings) and 3 more of those delicious South Beach bars. -=sighs=-

Doesn't sound that bad for a mini-binge, but I HATE the fact that I binged. I know I can't change overnight, but it ticks me off that a small little mess up with lead into a bigger mess up. (But I'm a little happy inside because compared to my usual "I give up!!", I am happy my binge wasn't on a large scale).

My gameplan: One portion of whatever it is for dinner, and follow up with a VERY good week. And no guilt for today.

GRR! Anyone have any suggestions for me when I'm stressing over the small stuff?
Gamerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 06:05 PM   #2  
Losing it and loving it!!

S/C/G: 181/See Ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Try not to stress about it too much hun... You should be so proud of yourself for picking right back up after the binge and starting fresh. I too have had to deal with quite a few binges during my journey and the best advice I was given was to always acknowledge the binge and move on... exactly what you have done. 5lbs is a great acomplishment and one small binge is definitely not going to wreck your sucess so far. Just move on and keep up the great work, just remind yourself that a little binge is just a little binge and just pick yourself out and start fresh, you can do it!!
bee optimistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 11:37 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/132/135

Height: 5' 7"

Gamerchick, I have no idea why one small mess up leads to a bigger one, but I do the exact same thing. I'll be eating on plan all day and then let myself reach into a box of wheat thins or cereal and eat a handful and it's like bam! Now I'm on a bad road and keep going. I consider it a success when I can stop myself part way and keep it under control somewhat but the best thing of all for me to do is to not have that first handful of anything I know I shouldn't have. Doing so just messes with my head in a bad way and leads to more bad eating.
Pam
MileHighMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 12:54 PM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey!

Yeah, it's tough if your habit is to eat because you're upset, irritated, etc. But you have to find a way to break the habit! One way might be to put off the eating--instead of grabbing the food and eating it, make it a "rule" that you have to drink two glasses of water first. That give you time to think about it a little more, and we can always use more water. Or, make it a "rule" that when you want to chow down 'cause you're ticked off, you have to go for a half-mile walk. After the walk, you may not feel so much like eating, and you'll have gotten some activity.

Another strategy might be to have "safe" foods to substitute--that is, instead of going to town on the dried fruit, allow yourself to eat as many baby carrots as necessary. By the time you've crunched through a dozen of those, you may not feel like eating anything more.

The point is, we all have to work with our own unfortunate habits and get around them, so we can successfully lose weight.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote