Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 08-26-2007, 03:17 PM   #1  
Happy as a clam..........

S/C/G: 268/178/165

Height: 5'8"

Default Recall on baby carrots

Thought I would pass this along..

Baby Carrots Recalled for Bacteria Contamination

Sweet baby carrots sold in 12 states are being recalled because they may be contaminated with Shigella bacteria, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration says.

Infection with the bacteria -- especially among the very young, elderly, or people with compromised immune systems -- can trigger symptoms including diarrhea, fever, nausea, and vomiting. Illness usually lasts four to 14 days, the agency said in a statement on its Web site.

The product was sold in packages with two labels. The first was branded "Los Angeles Salad Genuine Sweet Baby Carrots" and distributed by retail stores including Kroger, King Sooper, and Publix in Colorado, California, Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama, South Carolina, and Florida. Affected 7- and 8-oz. plastic bags had a sell-by date up to and including Aug. 16, 2007.

The second label was "Trader Joe's Genuine Sweet Baby Carrots," distributed by Trader Joe's stores in Arizona, California, New Mexico, Nevada, Oregon, and Washington. Affected 7-oz. bags had a sell-by date up to and including Aug. 8, 2007.

The carrots were produced by the Los Angeles Salad Co. At least four people who ate the carrots were sickened in Canada between Aug. 4 and Aug. 6, the FDA said, although none was hospitalized. The source of the contamination is under investigation.

To learn more, contact Los Angeles Salads at 626-322-9017.

(www.healthday.com)
downsizer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 08:02 PM   #2  

Height: 5'10

another one?!
sweetlovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 09:55 AM   #3  
Happy as a clam..........

S/C/G: 268/178/165

Height: 5'8"

Sorry if this is "old news". I hadn't heard it and just wanted to pass it along.
downsizer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 10:27 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 275/202/140

Height: 5'2"

Wow, I had not heard that one either. I'm in Michigan but I will check my carrots when I get home. Thank you.
wanna b thin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 12:15 PM   #5  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Thanks ~ I heard this friday ~ we shop both at Trader Joe's and Ralphs here...just finished a bag of baby carrots on Wed....so far so good!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote