Old 08-25-2007, 11:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 251/248/130

Height: 5'2''

Unhappy PMS'ing and craving!!! HELP!

Hey all. So TOM is a few days away, and im craving more than ever!!! Im so grouchy because I want to eat the whole box of WW chocolate cakes!!! I did good last week (no TOM coming) and now...I feel miserable because I NEED sweets!!! I know ive got the WPA still, however, im down to my last 15 and they reset on Monday! Ive used the other half of my WPA's in the last day and a half, and im still not satisfied.

Does anyone have any suggestions or thoughts on what works for them? I need all the help I can get right about now! Thanks in advance.
huniebunie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 07:20 AM   #2  
Melly Mel

S/C/G: 301/281/180

Height: 5'9

LOL I can totally relate to the TOM craving as I was really suffering from them yesterday!

I don't know if this will work for you but it works really well for me. I don't have much of a sweet tooth except at TOM so I don't know about you. I keep a bar of really really high quality dark chocolate in my cupboard. If I am craving something sweet and fruit just won't cut it, I break off one small square of it and have it. A little piece isn't too high in (well we count Syns on my program but it's very similar to) points - and satisfies the craving.

I find that if I have a low fat chocolatey type thing I just end up wanting and eating more of it, but if I go for just a small piece of 'the real thing' I am satisified.

Last edited by Melgettinthin; 08-26-2007 at 07:25 AM.
Melgettinthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 09:14 AM   #3  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Hey huniebunie! I also relate to that! UNFORTUNATELY I work for a CHOCOLATE Comapany!!!!!!!!!! I'm surrounded by bulk chocolate all week long!!!! So it's really tough for me to avoid it! However, I have done really well this month - TOM came and went with little urge for sweets. I think because everytime I got the urge - I got on here to see what everyone was up to and by the time I was done reading all the posts, drinking my water and eating my frozen grapes - I was feeling better! Anyways...........I was going to suggest the frozen grapes or a 1/2 of a chocolate protien type bar! Those work for me. I guess I try to imagine that they taste like "real" chocolate!
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 11:03 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 287.5/257.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi huniebunie,

Oh yeah- TOM or the time leading up to is a sweet tooth, a salty crunchy tooth, a chocolate tooth, a put anything I can find in my mount tooth. It's always a struggle. On those days I've found myself bumping up against the top of my points range and sometimes climbing (more than) a couple over. I have a lot of mental conversations about how it's just cravings, hormones, etc. I also try to be gentle with my prodding to stay OP.
I keep really good dark chocolate around and break off a square to melt in my mouth. Also Edy's (here in the midwest) has a no sugar added low fat ice cream that comes in a triple chocolate. I think it's 2 points per serving (1/2 cup), but in my mind a serving is a cup- so I go ahead and count it up as 4 (still better that regular or premium and tastes like real ice cream).

The salty, starchy, crunchy craving is hard because I will eat a bag of chips (even baked ones) without blinking- it's my real trigger food. I try to cover it with high fiber rye crackers topped with nonfat cheese spread (Laughing Cow) or carrots. You can only eat so many carrots though before you think you might (and could) turn orange.

It's just a challenging few days. I always breathe a sigh of relief when the first day comes because (usually) my cravings and grumpiness fade away. Then I am able to stay low in points and make up for the few days previous. I've started to view points as like a bank account. On days when you feel in control, it's best to keep some for a "rainy day", then when the hormonal cloudburst hits, there are extra points to withdraw.

Doesn't change that it's challenging though.

Good Luck,

ruthannie
ruthannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 03:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 251/248/130

Height: 5'2''

Thanks for all the comforting replies everyone!! And...oh my....6 hours later, 15 points overboard, and half a box of WW chocolate cakes.....im waking up with wanting more.lol. Ive tried to deviate myself away from sweets, however, I just looked at my shopping list and 2/3 of it contains stuff like "ice cream bars" "cream cheese" "FF cookies" hah.... I suppose I will have to add some dark chocolate to my list. Ill try anything right about now, I felt absolutely miserable last night! I was like a dog, defending my territory (chocolate cakes) lol.

Oh..and another thing...I think im beginning to turn green! I went through 2 2lb boxes of kiwis in the past two days,lol
huniebunie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 05:55 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 175/175/120

I have craving issues, too. Hang in there. I've tried everything to keep me from craving during that TOM, but it's of no real use for me.. I chew some gum and that helps for a little while. But, like you said, the craving is still there.
granolawannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 10:59 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/153

Height: 5'6"

Hey Hunniebunnie - I'm hoping that TOM has come and gone for you already.... but I completely relate though! We went grocery shopping and I bought a box of the WW Choc Cakes in preparation for this coming week, TOM should be here on Monday.... when it's around all I want to do is graze.... it's so HARD to get my mind off of food of all kinds..... I'm sure I'll be on this board double-time during that time, just trying to get my mind off of food.......
LondonJulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 04:36 PM   #8  
Optimist

S/C/G: 267/222/150

Height: 5 ft 5¼ in

I hate TOM! It really is the only time I crave chocolate. I usually have some dark chocolate Hershey's kisses around but the worst craving I get is for cheeseburgers!!!!
Thank God for Boca Burgers- that's all I can say!
Sammi711 is offline   Reply With Quote