Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2002, 01:27 PM   #1  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Default low carb challenge for the week of Jan 1-6

My first challenge is to drink my 120oz of water. this is my goal this week. I will put for some more effort to my exercise plan but the main focus will be the water. it is needed for metabolism and kidney function, and is a very important process for the riding of the wast products of the fat burning. So lets get that goal for this week. in fact i challenge you all to meet your water goal 4 out of the 6 days this challenge.
Old 01-01-2002, 01:28 PM   #2  
Trying to find my way.

Today i have drank 10 oz of coffee
and 32 os water by 12:00
32 by 7pm
30 by 10 (boy was i up all night peeing!!!)

I will add more as the day goes by!

Last edited by nasus40; 01-02-2002 at 11:57 AM.
Old 01-01-2002, 02:15 PM   #3  
I WILL REACH MY GOAL!

Default WE NEEDEDTHIS!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

HEY....WE SURE NEEDED THIS! I KNOW I DID!!!

STARTED THE DAY (YEAR) OUT RIGHT!

TURKEY AND GRAPEFRUIT FOR BREAKFAST!!!

WATER IS THE BIG BIG BIG THING I HAVE BEEN MISSING LATELY! ESPECIALLY WHEN I AM OFF WORK AS I HAVE BEEN THE PAST WEEK. SOMETIMES I BELEIVE WE EAT WHEN WE ARE INDEED JUST THIRSTY! (MAKE SENSE TO ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE????) I AM GONNA DRINK AND PEE WITH THE REST OF YOU! YEEEEEE HAAAAAAAW!

I KNOW I NEED TO GET GOING AND GO AND GO AND GOOOOOO! ONE DAY AT A TIME! WE CAN DO IT!

YEP....THE BUS IS ROLLING! THE ROADS ARE CLEAR AND THE CARB MONSTER IS DEAD!!!! (RIP!!!)

HOLD ON TO YOUR HATS AND PASS AROUND THE CATALOG FULL OF "NON FAT SUIT CLOTHES." QUEEN AND PLUS SIZES WILL BE OUT THE WINDOW NEXT CHIRSTMAS! WE ARE GONNA ROCK! WE ARE GONNA BE AWESOME! WE ARE GONNA GET THERE TOGETHER!

LOVE YA!
DANA (OH, YEAH BABY.......I AM HOPEFUL!)
Old 01-01-2002, 05:54 PM   #4  

Question Sorry for sounding stupid....

Hi, I'm a "newbie" (this is my first day) and I was reading the messages in here. I was wondering if someone could tell me about the numbers at the bottom of your post? Are they starting weight/current weight/goal weight? And how do you get them posted with your message?

Anyway, count me in on the water goal! It's a good habit I've gotten far away from....

Thanks for the motivation, all of you!
~C~
Old 01-01-2002, 08:33 PM   #5  

GUESS WHAT??????? I made it through the day. I had 67.64oz of water so far. Probably be up all night but oh well.

b: 1 pc bacon
l: 3pc roast beef w/ 1oz cheese
d: haven't had yet

I made a scrumptious dinner for family spaghetti,garlic(i could eat half the loaf),green beans and I of course stayed strong and didn't eat any of it. The breads the hardest.
Old 01-01-2002, 09:30 PM   #6  

Default Hello

Hello all,

First, Welcome Chub.....yes the #'s after or under someones name is starting/current/goal.......

WAY TO GO BOO...... STAY OP......CHUG THAT WATER

hehehe and I will join you next week on the weekly challange full steam ahead..for this week I will concentrate on the water also and I am NOT worrying about anything else......
Old 01-02-2002, 11:56 AM   #7  
Trying to find my way.

Welcome chub. Always glad to have another rider even if it is just for the water HEHEHE! you are certainly welcome to join us in this and any other challenge. Do not be afraid to join the regular group too, even if you do not low carb we love new faces too!

today my focus is to really push the water i took in only about 100 yesterday and it felt good less headaches.

did you know that you can get headhaches from being dehydrated??? Did you know that you also will retain water in your cells when you are dehydrated? (bodys physiological reaction to the dehydration) Your body burned fat better when it is properly hydrated?

Good reasong for drinking!!

My fluid intake is:

32oz - 10am
Old 01-02-2002, 09:51 PM   #8  

Angry Hello, again

Hi, it's me again...

Thanks for the welcomes! :-)

Sue (Nasus40) - You mentioned the "regular group". I'm still a little confused with all these different groups and threads (I'm really not as stupid as I sound!!) What do I need to do - what's the game plan here?! What are you all doing besides the low carbs?

I do believe in low carbs, although I'm only just beginning it again. Actually, I'm a firm believer of low carbs/high protein, although I find it very hard to do. Carbs are my life! But I've learned that they are also my enemy......

I drank tons of water and tea today, but didn't get on that exercise bike like I planned. I'm mentally started, though, which is a HUGE step for me!!

I can use any good suggestions or ideas you all have!

Thanks,
~C~
Old 01-03-2002, 12:39 PM   #9  
Trying to find my way.

This same forum there is a low carb #15 thread, we usually do the support and kick butt and chatt there. please join us there too. Do not worry about being new to low carb we all have been there, and there are many questions to ask do not hesitate welwill give you the answers. I know how you are gfeeling carbs were my life i would buy a box of sugar cubes and hide them so i could eat them myself. and make a batch of chocolate chip cookies and save half of the batter to eat. and frosting well lets say that i have gotten pretty good at making a great chocolate frosting!!! and that is just the sugar end of it we will stop there or i will be hungry!!! (psycologocal thing) So support you need support and kick butt you will get!!!!

Great job on the water! I took in about 100 yesterday and workin on 60 oz for todau so far!

as for the exercise do not start till you have a few weeks of your diet under your witng. the reason is that for the first weeks your body is trying to learn to burn fat instead of carbs for energy and it will take some time to get used to it. you may hafe feelings of being tired and yucchy but that lasts only a week at the most then give it another week so your body adjusts before youstart. You do not want to change too much at a time or it will be to much change and you will not be able to maintain the change and revert right back to the old ways at the first sighn of stress,

then you will feel like you have failed (which you have not) and many give up at this time. You need to remember that this is not a diet but you are changing your life you will have times when you do eat carbs but that will not be the norm, and you will not want it to be the norm once you clear your body of the extra carbage. You will be amazed at how much better you feel without the extra carbs. and when you do eat them you will be amazed at how boad and draged down you feel and headaches, heartburn comes back, you feel tired all day and sleep when ever you sit. and well i will stop now. I could go on for much longer but i have to check the other threads.
Old 01-03-2002, 08:01 PM   #10  
Trying to find my way.

I had 60 by noon and still working on my next 30 so i had better drink fast. I have made it if i count my coffee!!!

goal is to take in 120! OH my i guess i will be up all night drinking.

You guys will laugh last night i drank a bunch just before i went to bed and well i spent the day moving my room around and it is now on the other side of the room I used to wake up and be looking right in the bathroom well i now look in the closet. Well i woke up in the middle of the night to pee and well i started to head in the bathroom or so i thought!! HE HE HE! well i changed my mind in the nick of time! WHEW!
Old 01-03-2002, 10:03 PM   #11  

Hi all. Well today is my third day OP. I'm soooo happy. I'm actually doing it after months of agonizing. And YES i'm staying on this time. No looking back. Well got on the scale today and 151. 8lbs of water gone.

102 oz water today
treadmill tonight
Old 01-03-2002, 10:35 PM   #12  
Trying to find my way.

WAY TO GO BOO!!!!!!! I am soo glad!!!
Old 01-04-2002, 08:39 PM   #13  
Trying to find my way.

Water 32 at 10 and at 8
soda 32 oz Diet
coffee 10

trying to push the water but not doing so good.
Old 01-05-2002, 10:34 AM   #14  
Trying to find my way.

DRINK DRINK DRINK that is my motto today!!!
Closed Thread