Old 08-22-2007, 08:36 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Default 30 something daily chat, Wed Aug 22

wow...even with me sleeping in i'm still the first one to post again. I guess everyone has been busy these mornings. Today is my day off. So i'm just saying a quick hi and will probably pack up the dog and go hiking up the mountain again. I need to go soon however since its suppose to be 100 today.

hannah...gald to see you back and glad to hear you're getting some much needed help.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 09:07 AM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin'!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 09:21 AM   #3  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Hey everyone quick post this am for me. I am draggin butt
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 10:14 AM   #4  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

I'm around, still lurking. My demotivated and cranky self doesn't want to infect this group of successful and optamistic folk so I tend to just stay here quiet.

to everyone who cares.

:L
RXZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 10:32 AM   #5  
KAR

Morning Everyone,
Sounds like it is going to be another busy day for everyone. My aide had to take her son to a dr.'s appointment today. So we are taking a break from our classroom. Will go back tomorrow and work in for a couple of hours. Don't know what I will end up doing today. Hopefully spending time with my dh. Since I don't have much time left off of work I have to squeeze in all my time with my dh.
Hanna, glad that you have finally found a place that will help your family. You sound more cheerful and not so run down. Glad you have been able to get back to the gym.
GG enjoy your hike this morning. Hope you got it in before it gets too hot. We are suppose to be back up into the mid 90's again. So what are you going to do on the rest of your day off?
Shelia hope your draggin butt gets better. How do the kids like being back in school?
Roo you know darn well that we are all concerned about the well being and health of all our friends here. So don't feel that your cranky and unmotivated self can't post more often. Maybe something someone might post could spark you to help you get out of your cranky and unmotivated mood. Sorry for jumping down your throat, but I didn't know how else to phrase it. Please don't be too mad at me.
Hi to everyone else. Hope you are all having a great day! Don't know what I will end up doing today. Hopefully something fun.
Take care,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 10:39 AM   #6  

Good Morning All! How was the weekend? I know it is Wednesday but I had Mon off and had to take off Tues for an appt.

Boy, for some reason I am exhausted. I have been working out now for almost 2 weeks straight and am sooo sore. My muscles are straining with every step. I know that I am growing stronger and stronger. I just have not gotten up yet and said Yeah!! Exercise! I am still moaning and groaning through my workout. I know that this will pass but I still hate it. I am also really tired all day. Took a nap the past 2 days in the middle of the day.

Still eating right and increasing my workout a little every day. Just not too happy about it right now, ya know?

Laurie
laurie2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 11:14 AM   #7  

hey all...well i'm back. We had a great hike! I was getting the dog use to her new backpack (thanks karen it works great). I'm training her to get use to carring her own water and food for when we do long day hikes. She wasn't sure at first but then she did great! It was a good hike and i got to the top with a few less stops then the last time i did it. Its a good feeling to know you are slowly improving. Other than that..i've got a bunch of yard work to do tonight. We have to get some bushes moved for our new a/c going in on friday (yeah!!!! finally a/c in the upstairs) and we can't do it tomorow since dh is in school all day and i work and then after dinner DH want to take me out for my bday. so more exercise in the form of yard work (which i actually like yard work since i like being outdoors)

sheila - btw how is the espresso machine treating you?????
kar - enjoy you break
roo - glad to know you are lurking...hope you get out of your funk...you know you really should see someone about it
laurie- have you taken any time off working out???? 2 weeks straight without a break is not good. You should always allow your body 1-2 days rest in order for muscle to rebuild and to help prevent injury. I think your body may be telling you something. I think its great that you are being so dedicated...but please be careful...that's how i got a heel spur and how people get severe injuries. Your body needs a day or two for rest. Maybe you should lay off today and see how you feel tomorrow. I think its great that you are soooo motivated. I think many of us here wish we had that motivation. Just be careful not to hurt yourself.

hey to everyone else
alright all...gonna go play around some. Check back later.
(: patricia
Old 08-22-2007, 11:40 AM   #8  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

morning all got a car last night i love it just not the 250 extra per month oh well it was needed things lokking up
i'll check in later
Michelle
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 11:42 AM   #9  

Morning all!
Sounds like everyone is busy busy this week.
GG- Way to go on that hike!! Sounds like loads of fun. I CAN'T wait until cooler weather so I will want to be outside more.
Morning Lauren and Sheila
Roo- I hope you feel better soon. I say post away. I joined here a few weeks ago and I was in a funk myself. Just being on here seems to make me feel better. Hang in there.
Hanna- Sounds like things are starting to work in your favor! I hope it continues to go good with you.
Kerry- Do something fun with your dh! HOpe you have a great day.
Laurie-Great dedication! Take breaks as you need them though. Hope you start to enjoy it more soon.
Today with my trainer was awesome. We did all my strenghth tests so she will know where to start my program at. Then we went over all the cardio machines, she had me do some different levels on them, for different minutes and tested my Heart Rate. We discussed how to get the most out of cardio and not spend 45 min. on a machine and not get the full benefit of it.
We will start weights next week. I told her I would like to see something some kind of result my Christmas. We are starting out next week at 1 hour on M-W-F, and then decide whether to continue at hour sessions or 1/2 hour sessions. I really feel motivated this time. SO HOPEFULLY I will see some good changes.
Well a big hug and hello to everyone. I'll try and check in later.
Heather
Hdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 12:08 PM   #10  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

GG, I'll forget by tomorrow, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! And hey, you actually have a name?! Holy Crap!! So do you go by Patricia, Patty, Pat, Tricia?

Heather, Michelle, Laurie, Sheila

Kerry, What grade do you teach?

Roo, Dude, just post a everyday!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 12:27 PM   #11  

I know, I know. I am just so afraid if I take time off it will be that much harder for me to get back in the swing of things. I do aLOT of sitting at work and really need some exercise every day. But I have switched to biking eliptical and weights every Other day and a work out video every other day. Giving me time off different muscle groups.

Im think Im still sore because I am increasing the workout every day and have not reached my hour. Once I get there and stay there for a couple of weeks, I think that I will be on track. Just all the pain getting there stinks, Ya know.

Good news though I have lost 10 POUNDS in 2 weeks!! 8 the first week (Im sure a lot of water) and 2 the second week.

How did everyone else do last week. Any losses?
Old 08-22-2007, 01:27 PM   #12  

lauren...lol yep i do have a name...i never realized that i never signed off with it....btw..i go by either patricia or tricia....either one....just not pat or patty...i HATE those names

laurie - be careful (sorry to sound like your mom) even though your working different muscles you are not giving your body the necessary rest it needs. You can easily injur yourself this way...trust me..i did it exactly the way you did it..never giving your body some rest. I understand your fear of not wanting to go back...why don't you try a short relaxing 30 min walk (not high speed) on your rest day..that way you are still feeling like you are working out but not so severe
Old 08-22-2007, 01:39 PM   #13  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

well patricia i love the name LOL i thought the same thing when i read your post i just could comment at that moment
as for me the baby is GREAT she'll be 4 months in 2 days boy how time flies huh i remember it seems like yesterday that i was posting about jessica was pregant, any who hubby gets taken to sacramento tonight he has to report at 5 am for the phisical and testing this will tell them what potion he quilifes for so yep it could be 2 to 3 weeks and they will deploy him im sad to loose him but glad to see the sparkle back in his eyes he was just soooo burnt out i was scared

Laurie~congrats on the loss and yeah listen to patricia i was a workout buff about 2 years ago and she is saying everything right
Roo ~ LBH ~ Heather~Kerry ~ shelia hi yall
i'll check in later
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 02:21 PM   #14  
aka Anne Marie

S/C/G: 232/222/145

Height: 5'8"

Good morning all! (Well, probably afternoon for most of you!)
I got up early-ish and weighed myself, and I'm up by about a pound and a half, despite sticking to my diet and exercising almost every day. *sigh* I know it's because I just started working out again, and I'm lifting weights, so I'm gaining muscle. And I know that in the long run, I'll burn more calories and lose more quickly down the road because of that muscle, but I just hate seeing the number on the scale go UP. Ugh. Still, I'm doing great on my diet (1100-1400 calories every day, except my "free day", which was about 2,000 calories) and doing great at doing my workouts (haven't missed a workout yet, but did take off the "free day") so I know I'm headed in the right direction.
I went to the gym to do my scheduled workout, but only made it through 15 minutes of my 20 minute cardio interval workout. My achilles tendon started to really hurt. I have needed new shoes for a few weeks, and I guess that's the sign that I definitely need to go buy some. So, I'll head out and get those tonight. Right now, I'm waiting for a client who was supposed to be here over an hour ago. I am thinking she's going to be a no-show. Oh, well! More time for me to play on here!
I hope everyone has a good day!
principessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 02:40 PM   #15  

Great advice. The walk sounds like a great idea and will give me even more of a mix it up and I will still feel like I am doing something every day.