Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-20-2007, 02:50 PM   #1  
Cute Chick

S/C/G: 254/202/135

Height: 5'0"

Default Gotta Start Somewhere - NEED support!

Over the last year, I have gotten married and VERY relaxed about what I was eating...ALOT of Taco Bell....it's easier to grab some of whatever is on the 99 cent menu than it is to actually go grocery shopping.

I am doing a few things to change my habits.

1. actually having breakfast

2. Keeping track of EVERYTHING that goes into my mouth.

3. Drinking more water

I figure if I start with a few changes at a time and each week or so, add something new into the mix, it will be easier to keep the changes rather than doing it all at one lump sum.

It's like going cold turkey when you smoke. It's easier to cut down than it is to stopping completely.

so...who's with me?! I am starting this journey and will be on it for the next year....I'm in it for the long hall
Amby876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 05:01 PM   #2  
Future Wonder Woman

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Hi Amber. You sound very determined, you are going to do it with that kind of enthusiasm! I know what you mean about getting married and eating whatever you want. That happened to me when I got into my relationship with my husband...we both got fat and happy. "It's Friday, let's celebrate and have pizza!" "It's Saturday, time for a nice dinner at home." "It's Sunday, I feel lazy, let's go to the taco shop!" "It's Monday, I had a hard day, let's get some chips and dip." "It's Tuesday, $1 fish taco day at Rubio's." "It's Wednesday, weekly pasta night." "It's Thursday, almost Friday, hey I got a raise, let's celebrate!".

It sounds like a good plan...I'm with you. This will be the year that I break the cycle of yo-yo dieting! We will beat the bulge! Girl power!!!
trooworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 10:31 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 255/238/170

Height: 5'5

Oh man, I know very much how that is ^_^ Moving in with my boyfriend two months ago, every day (til recently) was a celebration of eating bad, eating worse, and then eating some more :/ but I'm not so very happy with 'me' and I need to change that It's definitely the little changes that start to add up, so good luck in each effort you make! I'm in, too! May we all be successful
azraelya is offline   Reply With Quote