PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 08-16-2007, 12:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 330.5/307.5/250

Height: 5'5"

Smile I'm new to this board - Doing South Beach and Byetta

I'm hoping this is going to be a great network/support board for me. I'm usually on the South Beach boards but I need to chat with people that are going through the same issues I am with PCOS and taking Byetta. I took Byetta for 2 months without any real results until I started South Beach on 7/2/07. I'm down just about 22 lbs now but still feel at my starting weight that I could have lost more by now. I really could use a group of buddies to help me through this journey. I was always a Weight watcher's gal, but found this is something I can do on my own at home without the extra weekly meeting fees. Can other's please let me know their success with taking Byetta and having PCOS? My reproductive endocrinologist didn't even know of Byetta. My regular family doctor started me on this and stopped my metformin for a while because I couldn't stand the side effects anymore.
Cannwarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 11:18 PM   #2  
fighting the sugar demon!

S/C/G: 281/263.9/190

Height: 5'8.5

Glad to hear that you found a groove! Congrats on the weight loss so far!

Sorry, I haven't tried Byetta. My dr discussed it but then changed his mind because of how the drug works and how much insulin my body produces.

Are you having any side effects with the byetta?

Did you only do a two week phase 1 or are you continuing phase 1 longer?

Welcome and may you have continued success!
irisheyes213 is offline   Reply With Quote