Old 08-14-2007, 08:01 AM   #1  

Height: 6'0"

Default Thin4Life - Week of Aug 13/07

Hello, everyone. Did you have a good weekend? I went to St. Petersburg to visit my family. It was a good visit, albeit short. The drive over was no fun.
There were 3 accidents on the way. A 3-hour trip took 4 hours. Went to a tea room with my mother, SIL and niece. I saw my little brother's new home (lovely) and visited with my sister.

I had planned to go to WI yesterday, but I always check myself out on my home scale first. Yes, I was hopeful that the number would not be too bad--well it was horrible Yes, I went out to dinner a couple times over the weekend, but 5 pounds in 1 week! I am waiting for next week. What am I doing? Thank God I'm still walking and doing Pilates. I need to get back on track.

Last night I went to a play audition for Blithe Spirit. It's a good play. I'm going back tonight. I thought I read well, but you never know what the director is looking for.

Melissa, The tea room was called Sweet Sage in Redington Shores. It was a lovely place with a great gift shop. I had a choice of 15 different teas. We were served tea sandwiches, strawberries with whipped cream, and small brownies. We had a nice time. Yesterday I went to a local tea room with a coworker. We didn't have tea (high tea is only available once a month--strange), but we had lunch. Although the food was good, the atmosphere just wasn't that great. The tea room is in a plaza with acoustic ceilings, just not cozy.
Domina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 11:25 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning! It's been crazy here at work with the start of the semester looming. The students move back into their residence halls Saturday/Sunday so the campus is beginning to come back to life.

The wedding was great--the weather was perfect, sunny and warm and everything went smoothly. I'm trying to figure out where I can post some pictures so that I can share them with you. In the midst of the wedding preparations I lost a necklace my DH bought for me that was made from beach glass and I'm just sick over it. It was gorgeous and I have no idea where it could have dropped off of me I keep hoping that someone will turn it into one of the stores that I had gone to on Friday.

The reception was beautiful--the caterer did a great job with the food and if anyone went away hungry it was their own fault. They had waiters with trays of different appetizers before the actual dinner and they had mini wraps, a puff pastry with some sort of cheese, phyllo cups with cream cheese and salmon, lamb kebobs with a peanut sauce. The dinner was varied--3 salads (caesar, tossed, and bean), a fresh fruit tray, brie with raspberries, saffron rice, white rice, a pasta with artichokes & a basil sauce, filet tenderloin tips with a glaze, chicken breast, and a mushroom and shrimp dish. The food was delicious!! Overall the whole evening went well. DS and his new wife looked wonderful and I think they thoroughly enjoyed themselves.

Sunday morning we met for brunch with the newlyweds and family members so that was nice. Then on Sunday afternoon I had another wedding of a dear friend so it was a food weekend to say the least.

Wednesday I went to my meeting and am back on track with eating and getting back into a somewhat normal routine. It's weird not having DS #1 at home although we have talked each day. DS #2 is at football camp this week so he's been out of the house at 6:30 a.m. and doesn't get back until 8:30 pm. It's a weird transition.

Lisa: I doubt that you would have gained 5# in one week--you would have to eat an awful lot of food to do that. It may just be a fluke so don't get too upset over it. Maybe monitor your weight each day to see what the fluctuation is. I was shocked when I went to my meeting yesterday and posted a .6 loss--how in the world did that happen??!! I'm not going to question it though. I'm still 5# above my actual WW goal (142) and I want to get my weight in check. It's frustrating to be this far above especially since I've always been able to maintain right around 140-42.

So how's everyone else doing? The weekend is looking great here with temps in the low 70's. I'm looking forward to getting back into my walking routine.
MelissaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 01:36 PM   #3  

Height: 6'0"

Melissa, So sorry you lost your necklace. I hate when that happens. Maybe it will turn up. I'm so glad that the wedding went well. What great sounding food! AND you lost weight? I think you managed that because weddings are just stressful (fun, too). I don't understand the weight gain. It's very strange. I think I'm retaining water which doesn't help. I notice that my rings are very hard to take off and put on. How have you managed that weather? The rest of the country is boiling. At least we have air conditioning. Many people in the midwest have none. It's been in the 90's here for weeks.
Domina is offline   Reply With Quote