Old 08-13-2007, 10:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 171/161/140

Height: 5'4

Talking Hi I am Amie and I am new!!!

Hi my name is Amie, I am 35, I live in Northern California, I am the mother to 2beautiful girls ages 7 and 11 months. I work 30 hours a week as an Escrow Officer....

I have heard of this site before, and was trying to get some online support for LAWL, so I joined here.

My friend is a LAWL member and has been nice enough to share her supplies with me to do also, thing is I am not sure what plan I should be doing, since she is about 10 pounds heavier and is on the GOLD.

2p
2s
1d
1f
3 fruit
3 veg
plus 2 lites

Do you think I should stick with this being I am at about 161 pounds? Or should I be eating more or less?

Thanks For your support I look forward to chatiing with everyone and getting support....
amiencali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 10:16 PM   #2  
Bring sexy back

Height: 5'6"

I'd think Gold...will you be doing Lunas instead of Lites?

Your baby is adorable, by the way!
Dairy Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 10:22 PM   #3  

Thank you....she is much bigger now, that is an older pic.

Okay and that is the plan I am on now...good!!!

Plus I am still breastfeeding so I figure If I was getting a lil extra food it would help.

Well I don't know if this is Taboo, But I got a SMOKIN deal on bars on Ebay. So I am set for 6 weeks.

Is $84 bars for $69 a good deal? I hope...then I figure If I see Luna's on Sale I will stock up.

Thanks for the welcome....
Old 08-13-2007, 11:18 PM   #4  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Welcome Amie!!!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 11:31 PM   #5  

Height: 5'4"

Just a couple of quick thoughts. I would definitely check with my doctor, because the lites have soy in them - make sure that is ok for your baby since you are breastfeeding. Also, make sure since you are again breastfeeding, that the gold plan is enough food/nutrients for you both. According to the plan which I bought a couple of years ago (but now actually go to the center) breastfeeding mothers should be in the plan higher than the one they would be on if they weren't breastfeeding because of the baby's needs. I know you want to lose weight, but you need to make sure you are getting enough food for the two of you.

Just my two cents. I would check with my doc to see how many calories you should be eating to lose weight.
shshshhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:52 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Welcome Amie!!!
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 12:15 PM   #7  

Thank you again....

Kim I saw your photos and all I could say is WOW!!! You look AWESOME!!
Old 08-14-2007, 12:19 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Awww shucks, thank you Amie. I am quite proud of myself. I never stuck with anything long enough before to reach my goal.
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 12:28 PM   #9  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Height: 5'7"

Amie are you going to a COD? Most of them have new plans now so your portions should change (actually more servings). If you are doing it on your own, you might look at the Plan 2 allowances. I was on gold before, but now I am on a plan 2.
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:40 PM   #10  
Bring sexy back

Height: 5'6"

Amie, I have heard that breastfeeding mothers cannot drop below red...that is a lot more food. Also, on the Lites...you may not have this problem, but soy dried my milk up whenever I breastfed. In addition, it contains a lot of plant estrogens which you may want to consider. There are some scientists who believe too much soy in the diet can lead to early menses in girls or suppression of masculinization (sp???) in boys due to the plant estrogens. I don't know if this is true or not but when I was pregnant with the twins (and so many people pregnant with twins are encouraged to have 2-3 protein shakes a day) it was a hot debate as to whether or not it was good for the babies. This is not a big deal if you are having a glass of soy milk a day or something, but if you are eating 2 soy bars it may be some food for thought. For myself I wouldn't care, but thinking about my boys would bother me.
Dairy Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:54 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguerin View Post
Amie are you going to a COD? Most of them have new plans now so your portions should change (actually more servings). If you are doing it on your own, you might look at the Plan 2 allowances. I was on gold before, but now I am on a plan 2.
I am doing it on my own, with help of a friend who is the plan, could you please tell me what the Plan 2 entails?
Old 08-14-2007, 01:56 PM   #12  
LAWL,nursing,red,no lites

S/C/G: 168/143/135 pre baby stats

Height: 5'1"

Welcome Amie! I just wanted to chime in quickly. Normally I would be on Gold but because I’m also nursing, my COD has me on Red1 w/o the lites. The COD told me I’ll be on Red1 until I quit nursing or my DD is eating more solids than breast milk. If I would be eating the lites I would be on just Red.
dawn78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 02:00 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dairy Fairy View Post
Amie, I have heard that breastfeeding mothers cannot drop below red...that is a lot more food. Also, on the Lites...you may not have this problem, but soy dried my milk up whenever I breastfed. In addition, it contains a lot of plant estrogens which you may want to consider. There are some scientists who believe too much soy in the diet can lead to early menses in girls or suppression of masculinization (sp???) in boys due to the plant estrogens. I don't know if this is true or not but when I was pregnant with the twins (and so many people pregnant with twins are encouraged to have 2-3 protein shakes a day) it was a hot debate as to whether or not it was good for the babies. This is not a big deal if you are having a glass of soy milk a day or something, but if you are eating 2 soy bars it may be some food for thought. For myself I wouldn't care, but thinking about my boys would bother me.
WOW who knew...see this is why I am glad I found this site...I do not go to a COD, so I could not get this info except for a place like this, I even googled, LAWL and breastfeeding. I am trying to slllllowly wean her from the breast...I want her to start getting most of her nutrients from food, and cow's milk soon ( she will be 1 Sept 15th )..and possibly only nurse at night. ( I currently pump while at work and want that to STOP soon ) Soooo I am going to keep in mind about the lites...how much soy protein do they have BTW?
Old 08-14-2007, 02:04 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawn78 View Post
Welcome Amie! I just wanted to chime in quickly. Normally I would be on Gold but because I’m also nursing, my COD has me on Red1 w/o the lites. The COD told me I’ll be on Red1 until I quit nursing or my DD is eating more solids than breast milk. If I would be eating the lites I would be on just Red.

Congrats on your baby!!! What does the Red1/Red entail? And why no lites? Beacuse of the Soy Protein? madelyn does eat alot of soilds now, but still nurses when I get home and a night.
Old 08-14-2007, 02:23 PM   #15  
LAWL,nursing,red,no lites

S/C/G: 168/143/135 pre baby stats

Height: 5'1"

Red1 is 2 1/2P, 4V, 4F, 4S, 2D, 1Fa, 2Lites (Like I said, I don’t do the lites), Red is 2 1/2P, 4V, 3F, 3S, 1D, 1Fa, 2 Lites. I chose to not do the lites this time around because they caused DD to be gassy and because I don’t want to have to rely on them once I reach my goal weight. Some people love the lites and feel they wouldn’t be successful without them, others feel they just “trigger” the sweet tooth and others don’t want the expense. Before I got pregnant I did the lites and I liked them for awhile, but them I got sick of them and I got sick of shelling out the money. Now that I’ve been doing the program w/o them, I like this way better. I like the additional “real” food and I’ve discovered other ways to satisfy my sweet tooth. For instance, Amy stated above about the new number plans and with these new plans they allow FF SF pudding for a dairy. I’ve been running with that one. Also I love fruit smoothies w/ SF chocolate syrup. I just had to learn to get a little more creative!
dawn78 is offline   Reply With Quote