Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 08-13-2007, 05:42 PM   #1  

Default Stuck in the mud!

I really liked this and wanted to share it with you.

The Power of Surrender

What if you’re stuck in the mud? Does surrender mean you just have to accept being stuck there? Eckhart Tolle clarifies a common misconception about the power of surrender here.
SIMPLE SOLUTION:
Surrender is a purely inner phenomenon. It does not mean that on the outer level you cannot take action and change the situation. In fact, it is not the overall situation that you need to accept when you surrender, but just the tiny segment called the Now.

If you were stuck in the mud somewhere, you wouldn‘t say, “Okay, I resign myself to being stuck in the mud.” Resignation is not surrender. You don’t need to accept an undesirable or unpleasant life situation. Nor do you need to deceive yourself and say that there is nothing wrong with being stuck in the mud. No. You recognize fully that you want to get out of it. You then narrow your attention down to the present moment without mentally labeling it in any way. This means that there is no judgment of the Now. Therefore, there is no resistance, no emotional negativity. You accept the “isness” of this moment. Then you take action and do all you can to get out of the mud. Such action is called positive action. It is far more effective than negative action, which arises out of anger, despair, or frustration.
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote