Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-13-2007, 05:18 PM   #1  
We can do it.

S/C/G: 160/127/120

Default I had a realization a few weeks back

If you notice my ticker and my join date I have lost almost 20lbs in 2 months. But for a bit now (at least several weeks) I have not done as much exercise as I probably should. But I was having some bad female issues and decided that exercising may not have been the best thing to do. But I made sure to eat good and eat plenty seeing hows not eating was my downfall. I don't right now have a set calorie goal per day. I just make sure I eat 5 healthy smaller meals per day. And without exercise I have still lost weight. Which brings me to my realization......

I spent at least 2 yrs blaming my weight gain on my age. I just always thought because I have had 4 kids and was getting older my metabolism slowed down because of those 2 things. I never once thought because I was not eating much that would have any bearing on me being 160 lbs. But now I see that it was not my metabolism that had slowed or became messed up from pregnancies it was because I was not fueling my metabolism. Now that I am fueling metabolism not just with food but good food the fat is just melting away so quickly.

And as of today I can put on those new Rustler jeans (mens) that I bought over 2 yrs ago. I had only wore them maybe once before they still look brand new. I can put them on and button them and zip them up. They are still quite tight so I still have a bit to go. But I am very happy I can wear a pair of pants I never thought I would wear again.

And next on my list to do is Quit smoking. I tried over a year ago and did good for 2 months than started back. If I can lose weight I can quit smoking.
need2loseinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 05:32 PM   #2  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Keep up the great work!!
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 05:32 PM   #3  
Going the rest of the way

S/C/G: 188/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Congratulations on your realization!

I definitely believe that if you can lose weight, then you can stop smoking. Think of it this way -- doing what your doing is not only fuelling your metabolism, as you aptly put it, but also fuelling your self-discipline.

And man, does it feel good to be fitting into the "skinny" jeans, doesn't it?
maalisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 05:41 PM   #4  
We can do it.

S/C/G: 160/127/120

Oh yeah it felt good to put those smaller jeans on. They were tight but I could stand up and button and zip with little resistance. And yes I do believe being able to lose what I have has given me the self confidence to quit my smoking habit. Tho this time I won't tell the hubby right off the bat that I am quitting. Last time when I quit he knew from the beginning and when I had a slip he told me how disappointed he was that I had a slip. And thats all she wrote because I went back to smoking heavy.

Side note: Hubby told me yesterday he has been weighing himself since we got the scale. And he said he lost about 10lbs by slowly adjusting how he eats.
need2loseinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 05:52 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 207/200/135

Height: 5'8

Congratulations! My realization came from a TV program that showed just how much food a family ate in a week. That and how Colonic Irrigation works..eww

But I want to lead a healthier lifestyle, just as soon as I can afford it financially! ^_^
Casandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 05:53 PM   #6  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Yay!!!! Congrats on your weightloss and for fitting into those jeans. Sounds like you feel like you're on cloud 9. I'm glad those good feelings have crossed over to other areas of your life and it has spurred you on to tackle cigarette smoking.

Taking control of your health and your life is such an empowering feeling. Keep up the great work!!! I wish you continued success.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 09:23 PM   #7  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey! You must be so pleased to have dropped that much in 2 months!

I think that in many cases, it really is necessary to have enough fuel. Going too low on calories just doesn't work--things stall. But everyone has to find out what works for her or him--one approach doesn't fit all, for sure.

and Good luck!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote