Old 08-13-2007, 08:42 AM   #1  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Default O M G !!!!!

We had a cookout at our house yesterday and there were 30 some people there. Everyone was in and out all day. I have a scale that is out in the bathroom and it is one of those that remembers your weight from the day before. It holds up to 5 weights. When I weighed myself this morning, the previous weight showed as 147. Someone used my scale! But the bad thing is that whoever used it, knows my weight!!

The cookout was for my husbands softball friends, so this was not family or even my friends (although I really like these people).

I can't believe that someone at that party last night knows my weight!!!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 08:54 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 34% b.f./31.1%/25%

Height: 5'7"

Sandi don't worry about it. You are assuming the person that used it looked at that. My scale does the same thing. My son weighed himself yesterday didn't know what that other weight was. He does know my weight because he is my strength training coach(Mr. Muscles). I bet who ever it was doesn't have enough sense to know what all the numbers mean. It might of been a teenager. Usually too self absorbed to pay attention to the other number. Think positive.
sharonrr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 09:28 AM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Sandi, don't give it a another thought PLEASE. What are the chances that whoever stepped on that scale even noticed what the numbers were? Or that they themselves even THOUGHT about who they belonged to. I'm sure they just weren't thinking that way. Please put it out of your mind.

And a cookout for 30 people? That's A LOT of people - meaning A LOT of work. Whoa. I hope you enjoyed it.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 09:47 AM   #4  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Someone so obsessive as to weigh at another person's home, isn't going to be worrying about any number other than their own, but it is just a number.

I know we've been trained to hide our numbers, especially weight and age, but what are we really hiding? People see us, right? I don't mind sharing my weight, or my age if people ask, and I often say that if I'm ever tempted to lie about either I will lie "up" so people tell me I don't look that old or heavy. When you lie about something like your age or your weight, some people won't know the difference, but the people who do will either know that you're lying or think you look terrible for your age/weight.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 10:16 AM   #5  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Colleen's right Sandi...whoever feels the need to weigh themselves on other people's scales is NOT focused on anyone else's number but their own.

And that is all it is, my friend....just a number. It does not define who you are.
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 10:16 AM   #6  
Getting Better Every Day!

Location: Ireland - The green green grass and the grey grey skies

Height: 5ft 11"

Even if the person did read the scales. What does it matter that they know your weight? Its not really anything to be ashamed of, weight is just a figure, a fact...says nothing about a person really...
ih8diets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 10:35 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

While everybody is totally right in what they say, I would freak out a bit too. You can say it shouldn't matter but if it does matter to you, then it does.

However, chances are it was somebody who was just curious as to whether your scale showed the same weight as their one at home and they never even took note of what number it started at. On the upside, you're also the cool lady who threw the great barbecue and that really is a lot more important.
Robin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 01:21 PM   #8  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

Know the funny thing is we think unless they know the # they can't possibly know.

While some people suck at guessing weights it's not like they can't see us and pull an estimate out of their head. I know we have a hard time seeing our own weight sometimes, but others sure see it. Hey look on the bright side maybe if they DID see it it was less then thy thought!
Idealmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 01:52 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
We had a cookout at our house yesterday and there were 30 some people there. Everyone was in and out all day. I have a scale that is out in the bathroom and it is one of those that remembers your weight from the day before. It holds up to 5 weights. When I weighed myself this morning, the previous weight showed as 147. Someone used my scale! But the bad thing is that whoever used it, knows my weight!!

The cookout was for my husbands softball friends, so this was not family or even my friends (although I really like these people).

Who's to say your husband doesn't hide his weight really well? ^____^ I'd totally blame him!
Vamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 02:12 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

Call me clueless, but it took me weighing myself about a week before I realized that the first number showing up on my new scale was the previous one. If your friend is half as dense as me, she or he will not know why the other number appeared, and tried again to get their actual weight.
BattleAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 02:21 PM   #11  

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post

wouldnt worrie about it, how do they not know that its wasnt your husband or even know that it wasn't someone else who used it at the party and to be obviosus how do they know that your scales work from the day before they proberably thought there was something wrong with the scales or something.
FATTYBRUNETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 04:32 PM   #12  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Oh Sandi, I would feel like you do and I would hope that people would be telling me exactly what we're all telling you. Don't worry about it! It's just one of life's little embarrassing moments that we remember for a long time and others forget the second it's over. I doubt the person even noticed and even if they did, so what.

We all (myself included) go to such extreme lengths to hide a number that we wear on the outside in public everyday. It makes us feel better to be secretive about something that many people could guess just by looking at us. I have never said my weight out loud. Ever. Not even when I got down to 166. Because I feared the math people would do. Why? They knew I was fat before. They know I'm fat again. One day I hope to shed that self-conciousness enough to just be honest about my weight and the road I've walked.

CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 04:43 PM   #13  
Almost the Big 50!

S/C/G: Goal of 150!

Height: 5'8"

Dont worry girlfriend.....wow just noticed so many new members on the site.....
CyberGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 07:39 PM   #14  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

ROFLMAO.

Girl! I weigh myself at other people's houses all the time. I would be MORTIFIED if it saved my weight. The person who weighed in totally didn't realize that the other weight that popped up was your weight.

Darn, now I will think twice about jumping on that scale at a party - I just can't help but see what the difference is in my home scale.
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 08:01 PM   #15  

I have weighed at others people houses...never thought about it saving the weight. Now I'm all freaked out! I understand your freak-out about someone else seeing that number, but there's a good chance they didn't even think to look at the saved number, or even know it was there. And if they did, who's to say they know who it belongs to?
WinterStarzz is offline   Reply With Quote