Old 08-10-2007, 09:04 AM   #1  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Default TGIF 30 something 8/10

Good Morning everyone

What is the deal here me starting a thread haven't done that in a while. I am so glad it is friday. Yesterday kicked me in the you know where.

check in later

sheila
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 09:41 AM   #2  
KAR

Good Morning Shelia and everyone else,
Shelia hope today goes better for you. I hope you can sail through your day and it won't kick you in the you know where. Did you get your expresso machine yet?
It finally cooled off a little bit here. We had some nasty thunderstorms go through yesterday evening. So I was able to sleep comfortablely last night for a change.
Well I hate to run off after such a short message. But today is payday and I have to go pick up my check. So I will chat with you all later. Have a wonderful day!
Take care,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 09:50 AM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

It's rainy this AM, very wet. Supposed to stop later though, and be gorgeous tomorrow.

Sheila, I like brown and pink together, but I think the brown would make the bathroom too small. It's not a huge bathroom to begin with, kind of narrow, so i want to brighten it up.

Alicia, maybe it's because I grew up with a pink bathroom, but I'm just sick of it! I actually think I'd be happier with avocado! We live with my mom right now, so we don't have a house to sell. This is our first house!

Big John, The music of the 50's is where I stop at vintage! I don't like that look at all. Not sure if I want to put tiles down, only because it'll be that much more work when we demo down the road.

I was watching Designed To Sell last night and they put this vinyl tile board up in the shower of this house. It looked pretty good. That might be something to consider for the walls/shower, it wasn't that expensive, according to the show.

Off to get some calls made... Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 10:38 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

Lauren - oh well I tryed

I'm not doing so well physical I'm fine all the dieting stuff is fine. Just the two things that set me off in a downward sprial hit me at the same time one at a time I fend them off easily but when they both hit it takes every thing I have to stay positive and keep my head up.

My kickers are money and relationships. Money is really tight this week not sure where gas money and food coming from this week and I somehow missed a bill and now the payment is double this month and yeah it sucks.

An not having a lady in my life sucks as well. I'm not into bars, internet dating I send out e-mail and I get nothing back no even thanks but no thanks reponds. Its like I'm not even worth the time to say no to. I have friends but none are single so its like I'm always the 5th wheel. An then on top of it even if I were to get a date I have no money atm.

I know I'll get out of this funk but and its been over due cause I've been out of the cycle for a year.

It like I'm ment never to be happy. yes I can taste it so I know what I'm missing and it just turns the screws deeper. Every joy, every success, every sunset and moon lit night, every hardship, every challange,.... I'm alone.
Outland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 10:57 AM   #5  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hang in there John, someone WILL come along eventually! Have you tried Matchmaker.com? That's how DH & I met! Try it!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 11:15 AM   #6  

Smile Hi All

I wanted to just jump right in.
It is so nice to "meet" everyone. I hope to become a little familiar with everyone soon.
Thanks for all the welcomes yesterday. I'm glad to have found this place.
I hope to jump right in with the self control today. LOL! I really need to do this to get ready for Fall clothes, the holidays etc. I know there is a skinny me lurking in there somewhere.
Good luck to all, and have a great weekend.

Heather
Hdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 11:43 AM   #7  
Finally Taking Care of ME

S/C/G: 283/ticker/183

Height: 5'9"

Hello everyone!!

John -- I've been there, then when you least expect it someone comes along. I think the better you do with your diet and excercise will help, being active helps in meeting people as well. I found Matt when I was too busy wrapped up in the death of my best friend to even think about looking. maybe join a volunteer group in your community - it's free and you meet people.

As far as the excercise -- can someone please come to my house at 6:00 AM and work out with me? I need a work out buddy -- and I need to get my butt out of bed.

Have a great weekend everyone!!

Angie

Angie
LesliesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 12:03 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 240/ST/140

John- Someone will come along. The perfect match for you is out there.

yesterday's temp here was 105 (North Carolina) the humidity was a true nightmare. I am not kidding when you go outside you can actually see the sizzling haze in the air. Today is much the same. We are supposed to get a cool front this weekend mid 90's Woo Hoo HA!!
Tiffanie
TRowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 12:46 PM   #9  
Changing My Lifestyle

S/C/G: 230/180/140

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone...

Thanks for the words of encouragement yesterday everyone. I know that I can get close to or at goal by June 1/08...I just need to keep focused and get my A$$ back to the gym!

Lois Lane: I'm definitely not married yet. I refer to my SO as DH as our wedding date will actually be the 17 year anniversary of our first date and we have a daughter together that will be 15 in January...but we never tied the knot. I guess my sister's wedding gave me a jump start as we've been talking about if for over a year and just never set a date or anything.

MO: How are things going with the sleeping? Are things starting to even out? You're doing really well with your WL and you looked fantastic in the photos you posted last week!

John: Things will start to look up. Just remember the energy you put out into the universe is the energy that comes back. If you think positive and tell yourself that you will find that special someone when the timing is perfect it will happen. When we create a "need" the universe always provides a way to fill the need...it may not be what/how we expected/envisioned, but it will happen and it's always perfect!

Hdawn: Welcome to the 30's. Always fantastic to see a new face. You'll find that you have a hard time staying away from this forum. The people are so great and there isn't anywhere else I know of where you can receive so much support and so many great ideas from so many different people.

Lauren: I love pink and brown together as well...and I also love brown and turquoise together. What about turquoise tinted paint for the wall (really light) and then accent with chocolate brown and deep turquoise? I guess that only would work if you liked that combo.

For those of you that are getting super hot temps...it could be worse. Our low overnight tonight is supposed to be +4 C - Yes that's 39 degrees F and almost to the freezing point! We're going to clear up and get back up to +20's for the weekend, but that's a cold night here especially for August! A couple years ago we had a 2 foot snow fall on May 24 and then our first snow in the fall was Sept. 17! That means that we had about a 3 month summer...and there was a ton of rain that year. Yuck! So keep that all in mind while you're sweltering...it could be much worse! LOL We were just +35 two weeks ago and now this!

Have a great day everyone!
Tamara
tleef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 02:59 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

hey all...well we havea few minutes to catch up to our emails. Its been a very very busy week. They've had us in class for about 9 hrs a day and then most night we have dinner plans as a group. I've learned alot and it seems like Banfield will be a great cooperation to work for. Last night was a free night for us (no planned social activities) So a group of us went to a falls down the road. it was beautiful. We had such a great time. Tomorrow i leave. Tonight i'll go party in downtown portland. I got to run....leader is telling us she's shutting of the puters in one min. Hang in there john...things will get better. Hey to everyone else.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 03:30 PM   #11  
Don't worry, be happy!!

S/C/G: 345/320/145

Height: 5 foot 5 1/2 inches

Hey Everybody!!

I'm brand new and pretty confused (but then confusion is my permanent state of residence!) It's always fun coming in in the middle of a conversation. You always wind up saying something stupid that doesn't fit in any way to things that came before but it gives you a great excuse to laugh at yourself and it breaks the ice beautifully. I hope everyone is having a fab-oo-lus Friday. I don't really have anything interesting to post at the moment, I just wanted to pop in and say Hi and kind of introduce myself. I haven't been around long but y'all have been great!!! Have a great weekend!!

Talk to ya's soon,
Toodles
Toodles2MyTummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 04:23 PM   #12  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Lauren: You could go with Light blue and compliment with Dark blue??
3 more hours and I am done for a week!! i can hardly wait.

I am sooooo ready...........
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 04:54 PM   #13  
KAR

Welcome to Heather and Toodles! I know you will enjoy our little gang. We are a fun loving bunch of people.
John that special someone is out there for you. You just have to give it time. I met my dh through a Christian Dating service. Maybe you could check out something in your area. Do you have a singles group in your area? Keep your chin up! I hear ya on the money issue. I was able to pay all our bills today except one. Plus we have to go to the grocery store yet. So it looks like slim pickins for us to eat for the next two weeks. Jeez maybe that might help me lose my belly fat! LOL
Lauren hope it stopped raining this morning. It rained pretty bad here last night. I heard that a town near my hometown in NE Ohio had a mini tornado and busted out 200 windshields at a local Giant Eagle store yesterday afternoon. So hope your rain is nothing like that.
Shelia glad you made it through your day. So what are your big plans for the weekend?
Tamara, glad you are feeling better today. I think I would like your weather in the evenings because at least then it would cool off my house and I could sleep like normal people do. I haven't really gotten a good night's sleep for the last week due to how hot it has been.
Tiffanie now that is too hot for me. I am glad that our little heat wave broke here in OHio. When does it look like your heat wave is going to break? Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow morning.
GG sounds like you have enjoyed your week of class and evenings out. Have a safe trip home!
Well I think I am going to go and treat myself to a movie at the movie store tonight. I have a secret stash of money for times like this. My stepkids are with their mom and my dh went to watch a football scrimmage. So the house is all mine. I still have to do laundry. But that isn't so bad when you can watch a movie while doing it.
Chat with you all later.
Have a great weekend!
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 05:05 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 240ish/240ish/160

Height: 5'2"

Tamara - Maybe I'll move to Calgary. I HATE the heat. It's why I moved from AZ. I love cold and snow.

I think the AZ heat followed me here. It's been 100+ for days now. Tomorrow it's supposed to 'cool' down to the 90s then right back up on Saturday. And no relief from rain in sight. I am so hot. But at least we have A/C right.

Lauren - sorry I don't have any suggestions on the pepto bathroom. I don't have a creative bone in my body. But at least it's a home of your own!

Sheila - this is the last of my 'weekend'. I work Sat. through Wed. Not looking foward to tomorrow as it is my long day (10hrs). I know there are people who put in a lot more hrs at a time (RR), but I am whining.

Well all....only ONE more week till vacation. I can hardly wait. This coming week will be pretty busy so I might not be on very much. I have to work straight through til 1pm Friday with no days off so I don't have to take extra vacation time. My plane leaves at 5pm Friday. It'll be a long week, but well worth it.

Have a great weekend all!

Kerri
newFannie07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 10:10 PM   #15  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hey all. Whew. I'm exhausted. DH requested rack of lamb and king crab legs for his BD dinner so that's what he got. I found a tiny cake at the store (9") that was perfect. There's only one piece left and that will go in the freezer for him.

Welcome!! to the newbies.

Sorry for the drive by post. I'm headed to bed!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote