Old 08-07-2007, 04:41 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default 30 Somthings Daily Chat Tuesday 8/7

Good Morning!!! Wayyyyy to early to be up but off to work for 4am today...
Have a great day everyone!!!

700 calories for 1 dessert????
rr
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 08:28 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 240/ST/140

Good morning, missed yesterday work was crazy! Hope everyone had a great weekend. Lost 2 lbs. this week. I am ounces away from 35 lbs. gone ONEderland is sooooo close!!!!!!!

Tiffanie
TRowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 08:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Mornin' RR & Tiffanie ~ just looking at your tickers motivates me... you girls are BADDDDD ... and I mean that in such a good way;-). Got my butt out of bed again this a.m. to exercise. It's a killer for me to get up so early but within 10 minutes of my workout I'm feeling GREAT.

Big John ~ Holy Cow! Made me feel full just reading about the food... Sounds like you had a fine time with your Mom.

Question: does anyone else have a problem with swelling? My fingers are swollen pretty much all of the time. I drink water all day long and I'm wondering if maybe I'm drinking too much??? Lauren I know that you're a big water drinker, do you ever have this problem?

Later Gators ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 10:19 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

morning all!!

Its rough coming back to work and on top of it all its going to be around 105 to 110 today. I don't love my job so much when it its 95+ or 25 and below.
Outland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 12:17 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/tickers/127

Height: 5'

I haven't been on here in a while! I didn't go back to check and see the last posts I made, but I know it's been a while. I can tell because my ticker was a bit off.

We've been so busy with travel this summer. Between May & June we were out of town a lot. Dh was still working much of that time, but his work location until June 4 was actually a shorter drive to his parents' house than to ours, so we spent a good couple weeks hanging out there.

Then there was the family reunion for his dad's side of the family at the beginning of July, and we were gone from June 29 or 30 until July 5. Then we were home for a few weeks, but I wasn't on much, I guess.

Most recently, at the end of July, we were out of town again for a whirlwind weekend of getting him to an interview and getting to my home state for a friend's wedding, and then to his home state to rest up for a couple days (his home state is right next to mine).

The weight has been "so-so." It hasn't gotten back up to where it was when I started all this this year, thank heaven. But it's done a little swinging up and swinging back down. My morning weigh-in today finally showed me at the lowest I've been this year. Woohoo!!

Still trying to decide what to do, plan-wise. Maybe I just need to mix it up so I don't get tired of one thing. That's kind of what I've been doing, and it seems to be working.

Still going for that mini-goal of getting down below 200. Getting closer now!!

luvmyfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 12:21 PM   #6  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Afternoon All!

I had a busy AM, just got home and got some lunch.

Big John, What do you do for a living? Glad you feel slightly remorseful...even if it's just for me.

Joan, I don't swell often, but I did have a bit of swelling in my left foot while PG with Robby. MW told me it was because the baby was sitting on a lymph node. Since then, I do occasionally have swelling, mostly in the left foot. Don't know why, maybe there's fat sitting on a lymph node now??

Tiffanie, CONGRATS!

RR, glad you had a great bday!

Hi Jet, nice to see you!!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 01:47 PM   #7  

X

Last edited by elmuyloco5; 03-26-2008 at 01:35 PM.
elmuyloco5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 03:33 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Thanks Katrina. Loved the "I swell like a stuffed pig at luau." I think you might be right in it being a genetic thing as several of my sisters have the same problem. The swelling during pregancy was *horrible*
My third was due in January and based on my swelling you would have thought that I was having an August baby! I'm looking at your ticker as I type and you are doing really well with the weight loss. Continued good luck!
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 07:39 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

Lauren - I work for a parking garage company in DC. I work on the access and revenue controls like cash registers and ticket spitter and counter. But I also fix anything else that may break as well. Anything from file cabinets to locks to pluming to HVAC to drywall and tile. I've even fixed microwave and coffee pots and glass doors LOL. If you can find it in an office or in a garage or **** at home depot. I've done it.

But most of our equipment is outdoors or near it. An we work rain or shine or snow or freezing rain. A lot like the postman just not as good benefits lol. I also plow snow in the winter.

About the only time we don't work is when it get to -10F. I enjoy want I do but the weather can make a 15 min job a half hour or better.

Like to day I have salt rings around the collar of my shirt and I'm sticky all over. Sweat will transfer all the dirt from the equipment to me also. I normally have to scrub the tub after a shower to remove the black ring that forms.
Outland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 07:47 PM   #10  

X

Last edited by elmuyloco5; 03-26-2008 at 01:34 PM.
elmuyloco5 is offline   Reply With Quote