Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-05-2007, 08:52 PM   #1  

Height: 5'4"

Default Kinda funny if you think about it

I went to Curves and lost 27 pounds in the first 5 months. I was about 201 when I started in Dec. I was 172 when I quit in Sept. So, that last couple of months I only lost a few pounds. That was years ago. After I had my first daughter.

Anyway, I've been whining and complaining about my weight and not having any money to join a gym or Curves or anything and my husband kept telling me I could do it on my own with little or no money. (Besides the cost of the healthier foods.)

So, here I am exactly 6 weeks and 20 pounds from the beginning. All I've bought are a few more WATP videos off of ebay for cheap. Other than that it's been all on my own. So, he was right! It can be done!
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 09:13 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/135

Height: 5'2

Yay! I'm glad you found a way even without the time or money to go to a gym. Keep it up, you're doing awesome!
Ohhkay8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 09:18 PM   #3  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Congrats to you! That is what i told myself one day, boy it would be nice if I had a personal chef to make me healthy meals etc. I told myself to get online and start searching for myself what to make, hos much etc. That and my two good feet for lots of walking!
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 09:35 PM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey ItsAbout! That's really wonderful. Sometimes the very best programs are the ones people devise for themselves.

You might want to check out that link in the thread down a ways called "Some Tips for Doing It Yourself," if you haven't already. I'm sure you are familiar with what's in it, but I learned a couple of things from it.

Keep on going! You're doing fine!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 12:20 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

you can do it! I joined a gym to do my excersise, but when I go back to college the stuff will be there for me to use with no cost (beside's tuition) so, yay for not caving into having to spend money to lose weight!
Lost squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 02:59 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

That is awesome that you are able to dedicate yourself to weight loss without haveing to rely on a gym. I personally just do not have the motivation to work out at home on my own. I don't know why...and don't know what i'll do if my boyfriend ever gets to broke to keep paying for my gym membership. But i love the classes i go to. Without them, i am not sure i would have dropped the 19 pounds I've dropped so far. (Since joining this new gym).
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 03:21 PM   #7  
never give up

S/C/G: 212/169/130

I know what you are saying you dont need a gym membership!! Ive never had one Ive lately been going to the high school track for my walks and doing my Denise Austin videos (love her) I own some handweights and actually bought my own treadmill years ago but I like the track better : ) I just always told myself if I really want to workout I'll do it at home.
Debbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 12:19 AM   #8  
Token Vulcan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
Other than that it's been all on my own. So, he was right! It can be done!
Oh, I agree. I've essentially done it on my own, as well. The things that I've spent money on, I bought to help out, or to vary things up a little. I buy the frozen dinners (Lean Cuisine, Healthy Choice, etc.), stock up when they're on sale, and eat them about 4 times a week (more when I first started) and that's been a definite help. I've bought more fruits and lower-calorie options and "100 calorie" things that have been great for me in terms of being able to enjoy some junk food while keeping portion control. I have videos but I seldom use them, only watch mainly to get ideas and techniques and then do them on my own. I've bought some magazines for the same reason--that's how I first heard about indoor walking. A lot of the time, I put on some music and dance, walk, jog, exercise, just move. I bought some goodies like wrist weights, an inflatable punching bag, all pretty cheap but, really, people don't even need that. I mean, if someone really can't afford to spend much money trying to lose weight or on exercising, it can be as cheap as putting on some music, moving your body, surfing the net for tips and kinds of exercises, spending wisely at the grocery store, using a heavy book as a weight, etc. People can do this on the cheap, for sure.
trekkiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 12:24 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

This page is good too. I love her site!
http://www.stumptuous.com/cms/displayarticle.php?aid=63
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 01:58 PM   #10  
never give up

S/C/G: 212/169/130

I love that site Susan! I remember using soup cans years ago lol