Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 08-05-2007, 08:22 PM   #1  
Beachgrl07

S/C/G: 174.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Default I'm new: all info. welcome!

HI All,

I am new to this website and this forum. I have been looking for a means of support through my weight loss struggles and don't have anyone near me that is in my position that I feel I can honestly talk to about this. I am excited to have support as well as give support!! I know I am an emotional eater...I eat when I am depressed, frustrated, angry, etc.....any negative emotion. Last year, I lost about 20 pounds but I have gained it all back which makes me feel simply horrible about myself. Like many others, I am my worst critic and I want to stop criticizing myslef and start being my own best friend. Every day is a new day and I am grateful for all that I have in my life. If I could just get this weight thing under control............
I look forward to any advice, support, words of encouragement, or whatever you all have to offer. I will do my best to do the same for everyone else.
Take Care All!! Beachgrl07
Old 08-05-2007, 09:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 224/212/140

Welcome Beachgrl! You've come to the right place and I know you'll find this to be a very supportive environment.

I can totally relate to where you are. I've done the weight loss/weight gain thing so many times that it's not even funny. In fact, I've been in a constant state of either losing weight or gaining it back since I was 12 (and I am 34 now!!!). That's 22 years.

I finally decided to stop the insanity. I just started attending OA (Overeaters Anonymous) meetings. I'm finding OA to be very helpful so far, although I'm so new to it. I'm also finding the ladies here to be so helpful!

I hope you find some answers and can get the results that you wish.

Hugs!
Ann72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 05:14 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 166/166/130

Height: 5ft1inch

Default Hi Beachgirl

Hi Beachgirl,

It’s great to hear your awareness, and your willingness and most of all your commitment to yourself!

Like Ann, I can totally identify with you. I spent so long hurting myself in a deeply destructive manner. There was such a sad sick inevitable quality to the cyclical nature of my ‘diet/control/binge mentality.

I got sick and tired of being sick and tired. Joining OA this time feels like someone has GENTLY taken me out of a damp cold hidden forgotten part of a garden and out into some healing sunlight.

Forgive the weather metaphors – our Irish summer has been a bit swamped by rain! But at least my food recovery is bright and warming and full of good things.

All I know is, nothing has worked for me before now. Diets have ‘worked’ but I’ve been tormented. OA is working, and giving me some peace. I think I’ve stopped fighting!

Keep in touch. Best wishes,
searsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 09:47 AM   #4  
Beachgrl07

S/C/G: 174.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Thank you!

Hi Searsha and Ann72........thank you for your kind words and encouragement. I finally am starting to not feel alone with this!! I'm so glad I found this website and forum. Hope you have a peaceful day, without any self-criticism! I know I'm trying.

Take Care,
Beachgrl xoxo
Beachgrl07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 09:17 PM   #5  

WinterStarzz is offline   Reply With Quote