Old 08-04-2007, 06:32 AM   #1  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Talking 30-something's Weekend Chat: 08/04-08/05

I haven't started one of these in a while, so what the heck.

WELCOME TO THE WEEKEND!

RXZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 08:30 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

woohooo....yay the weekend...oh wait i'm going on a business trip today...oh well. I leave for portland this evening, in the meantime, i've got to do yard work, pack and pay my credit card bill...lots to do. Don't know if i'll get on here much in portland, but i'll try.
Hannah - hang in there. And yes..it was me going to portland. I will have some free time tomorrow, so i will try to check out the pearl district..if you think on any other places let me know. I'll be in training most of the week. So really tomorrow is my only full day.
Fannie- the price of the dentals do vary but that sounds fair, especially if your dog needs teeth pulled (which a lot of mini breeds do...they have crappy teeth).
Joan - ahhhh such will power...good for you. DH brought home apple pie yesterday...ughh. I had a small piece at lunch but resisted another one at dinner.
hey to everyone else. Nothing new to report. A bit sore from climbing "mt everist LOL...thanks joan i'll start calling it that. But its a good sore...i'm finding muscles i didn't know existed, like outer thighs, butt, side abs....hmmm def a good workout...i think i'm going to do that all my days off...what a great workout. Who needs a gym when you have a mt. down the road...and there's no fees to park. LOL
alright...got to run...bye all
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 09:00 AM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

Oh sure, Roo, start the thread then leave...tease...

GG, Have a good trip!

Kerry, So we know the "D" doesn't stand for "Dear" right now!!

Adah, Glad to hear DH is feeling better! What is Chantix?

Lisa, Girl, we miss you around here! Maybe it's time to just work weekends at the 2nd job?

Christina, Happy Belated Birthday to Dominic and Mario!! How nice that you'll be able to see him often!

Kerri, Actually, I don't get that "white coat hypertension"! For starters, my mom's a nurse, so she's been taking my BP and poking me with glucose monitors for years. And I see a midwife, not an OB/GYN, and she's really laid back, funny as ****, so we always have a good time. I know my BP is pretty much normal, but despite being a fat chick, it's usually ridiculously normal, like 115/70 something, or there abouts. She was always amazed at my PG appts. how low it was! And yeah, she uses the big cuff.
Would love to see pics of the new 'do!!

Joan & Lisa, I hear ya', I'm full caffeine this AM...because I don't own any decaf!! :wired: I'll probably but some and mix it a bit though.

I'm sure if I drop 15-20 lbs., my BP will go back down.

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 10:40 AM   #4  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Morning!!!
Lauren--Chantix is the new "quit smoking" drug.. I have heard good success stories with it..Yeah on the BP!!!! I have to go back to my MD in Sept..My med is making me really sick now...I think cuz the dose was prescribed at 155 and now 35 lbs lighter it may be too much..I have to hang on to the porcelin queen after taking it...not real sure if it is worth it....

So hope it works for your DH Adah..

GG-I would love to have a mountain close by..Hmmmm..since we are like below sea level--the closest thing to a mountain is when I walk up the ramp to the parking garage 2nd level!!!
Have fun on your trip!!
Hello ROo and BIg John!!!!

Lisa--Don't let the work wear you out!!!Take care!!!

Ok..Hello to everyone...TIme to get dressed--shop---visit--and then go to a BD party for a 2 y/o....Have a great one!!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 10:44 AM   #5  
KAR

Morning all,
Sounds like everyone is off to a busy weekend. Hope you all enjoy your weekends and stay op!
Well Roo thanks for starting the thread this morning.
GG, glad you are enjoying the day with your dh before heading out of town to Portland. Enjoy your business trip. Are you going to try and find somewhere out there to hike in the evenings? Just kidding. Don't beat yourself up over the apple pie. Glad you enjoyed it. Every once in a while you need to treat yourself to something sweet.
Lauren you got that right. I went to bed last night and he was camped out in the middle of the bed. So I grabbed my pillow and went to sleep on the couch. Didn't feel like fighting with him to stake out my half of the bed. Then he woke up this morning at 6:30 and came out to tell me to go to bed. Went to bed and then he proceeds to wake me up five or six times before he leaves at 8 to run errands. So I was able to sleep until 10 this morning when the phone woke up. But I think he knows he is in trouble with me because he was awful kissy this morning. Hope you can fix your bp problems and lower your caffine intake.
Well I better getting my big butt in gear and think about doing some kind of excerise today. So I will chat with you all later.
Have a great weekend!
Take care,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 11:02 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Okay, I don't think that I can respond to everyone ~ but here it goes!

Laren, Maxwell House makes a coffee that makes !/2 the caffine, at least it would be a start. I would hate that though

RR, I am trying to keep the job through Christmas, at least I will get better discounts that way. Seriously, I have been thinking it's not worth it. Or at least go to Wal-Mart where there isn't as many rules.

Kar, don't ya just love when guys do that. I am a really sound sleeper so I probably wouldn't hear him ~ but still, I think he should make it up big time.

Roo, nice to see you starting the thread again.

GG, good job on climbing the mt 2 days in a row. Enjoy your time in portland.

Okay I work again today, but tomorrow I am heading for the Cleveland area for a bridal shower. I am so excited ~ I haven't seen these friends for probably 2 years. And it will give me a much needed break.

I will try and write after work tonight but I don't know how I will feel.

Lisa.
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 11:12 AM   #7  
KAR

Lisa I don't plan on holding my breath for my dh to make it up to me. I am still waiting on him to make it up to from a couple weekends ago when I was stuck at home one Saturday evening with the stepkids and the neighbor boy. Plus I took care of his drunk butt on Monday night and all day Tuesday. I cleaned the floor where he had accidents and washed the sheets and made the bed for him. But when I got drunk a few weeks before that he made me clean up my own messes. So you can see that it is not always fair at my house. I have to do do do and not really get anything in return. Maybe that is one of the reasons I don't make a big deal out of his birthday anymore.
Enjoy your time in Cleveland tomorrow with your friends. Have a safe trip!
Don't work too hard today.
Kerry
Old 08-04-2007, 11:46 AM   #8  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Okay - now I have a chance to sit down and write a little more. Not a whole lot, but I figure I'd better come in here and shake my tail feathers at Lauren or something. (It's been a LONG time since I have been called a "tease". )

First off, it's not just a weekend for most Cannuks....it's a LONG weekend. (Civic Holiday for most places in Canada on Monday.) Woo hoo!

Foggy day up here, but tomorrow is supposed to be nicer and DW isn't working.. So, we'll probably try and get out for a little bit during the day. Go out into the woods or something; just get out of town for a bit.

Been pretty much following my "secret plan" successfully all week - we'll see what happens with weigh in on Monday. Not enough walking, though. Next week, we'll hopefully get better weather/motivation.

Anyway - everyone stay safe and find someone to give you a from me.

:Lawrence
RXZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 12:19 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Rooster Dude your "secret plan" must be working as your posts sound more chipper. Enjoy your long weekend.

GG ~ I'm going to try one of your fish recipes this weekend. Sounds healthy *and* delicious ~ my favorite kind of recipe!

RR ~ is this thyroid medicine that is making you sick? Man, getting sick daily would suck. Have you tried ginger pops or ginger tea? I made myself a cup of ginger tea every morning when I was pregnant. Helped me avoid the "porcelain queen;-)"

Lauren ~ you see a midwife? Did you use her when having the boys instead of a doctor? I didn't know that they could prescribe meds. Cool.

Lisa ~ visiting with old friends is just what you need after working so hard all week. Enjoy your day tomorrow.

KAR ~ Ok... I must be careful how I phrase this... you cleaned the floor when after DH had accidents???!!! What?! We are talking a grown man here, right? The fact that he got so drunk that he had accidents would scare the **** out of me. Sorry for being so blunt but that is just nuts. His kids seeing him celebrate his birthday that way is awful.

Speaking of DH ... man, I'm ticked off at mine this a.m. He is such a perfectionist and noticed that I hadn't removed the switch plates before painting the family room. He made a comment about it looking sloppy and that was enough to make me want to slug him. There is *one* spot. No big deal to me but obviously it is to him. My response: paint away buddy. I'm trying to help do things around here so that he doesn't have one more thing to do in the evenings and weekends. He left right after that to run errands. He's probably thinking, what is up with her today?!

Crappy mood today and I'm trying not to lose myself in food. Thankfully, the only sweets available are the ones that I don't like.

Later ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 12:56 PM   #10  
KAR

Joan sorry to hear that your dh is being a butt head too this morning. Yes my dh was so out of it that he peed himself. I don't mind doing it for my kiddos at school who can't help it or little babies. But it grosses me out when I have to do it for grown people who thought it was fun to celebrate his birthday by getting so drunk. I use to enjoy a drink or two when we were out with friends. But I haven't had any for a couple weeks after getting so sick myself. I will drink diet pop, iced tea or water before drinking again for a long time. I hope you can enjoy your day without being in a crappy mood all day long due to Mr. Perfectionist!
I did get my workout in. I did a 2 mile WATP tape. Sure did put me in a better mood after doing it. Now let's hope this mood lasts the rest of the day!
Roo glad that you are taking it easy this weekend. I hope you get to get out into the woods tomorrow with your dw and enjoy the outdoors. Wishing you luck when you weigh in on Monday.
Well I have some info. that I have to write on the back of my Avon books. So that is my big plan for this afternoon. Chat with you all later.
Kerry
Old 08-04-2007, 02:16 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

hey all...sorry for those not having such a great weekend
Joan and kar - sorry about DH being butt heads. I guess since I've only been married for just over a year, we really haven't gotten to that stage...i hope we never do???
roo - glad to see you about. You do seem a bit more chipper. Hope the "secret" diet thing works out for you.
hey to everyone else. I helped dh with the yard work. I definately got a work out this am...mowed the lawn...took 1.5 hrs since we have 1/2 acre and a push mower...luckily our mower is self propelled...makes the work a bit easier...but still a work out..in 45 min i'm off to the airport to head off to portland...hopefully the hotel will have a computer area. These are the days i wish i had a laptop to do email in my room. I hope i'll be able to say hi...but we'll see. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 02:48 PM   #12  
LBH

Lisa, I hate MH & Folgers (who I believe also makes one) I'm using Chock Full o' Nuts right now, which I like alot, so maybe I'll but a pound of their decaf. I spend more time at DD though, so I'll just ask them for 1/2 & 1/2.

Joan, Yup, used a midwife for both boys. Started with an OB group with Peter, but they p'ssed me off when I had to go through all 7 drs. and the last one i saw (at 24 wks), told me I should only gain 20 lbs. I hated the MW I used, but she was the only one with privilages at the hospital we were using. Ignorant first time parents... For Robby, I switched to a different MW, it was a pair and they were awesome! Everything a MW should be. MW's can do everything a Dr. can do, except surgery. They just have to be affiliated with an MD, but not necessarily in the same office as one.

Roo, Does your secret plan include crack?

RR, thanks for the heads up on the Chantrix. Yeah, hopefully once they adjust your doseage, you won't be as sick.
Old 08-04-2007, 06:11 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Well, DH came home this afternoon and we sat down and talked. Like a typical man, I have to force him to open up while I am just the opposite. We're good again and for that I am thankful! I hate conflict.

KAR ~ WATP sounds like a good one. I know several people that use it. I'm curious but afraid that I'll get tired of it??? Does the time go fast?

Lauren ~ That is so interesting that you have the option of using a midwife. I'm not even sure that I could have if I wanted to with our insurance plan. One of my old neighbors used a midwife to for a home birth but I don't know anyone that has used one at the hospital. Sounds neat. Did you ever read "The Red Tent?" Goes back to midwives during biblical times. Great read.

Time to get working on dinner preparations. Thanks for the notes earlier, I'm in a much better mood now. You guys are the greatest!!!
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 06:41 PM   #14  
LBH

No, I haven't read it, Joan. Yeah, I had two different insurances for each the boys' births and both covered MWs. Most OB/GYN offices have a MW in them these days. If you're not happy with your OB/GYN, you could look for a practice with a MW! Glad things are back to good with DH.
Old 08-04-2007, 09:52 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 240ish/240ish/160

Height: 5'2"

GG - thanks for the info. I'm glad you said small breeds have crappy teeth. I just thought we were horrible parents. Hope you enjoy Portland. Oregon is a beautiful state. Too bad you had to leave DH on a "home visit." But only one more week, right?

Joan - It's nice that you and DH can work things out so well and so quickly. Me and my DH stew for a while. BTW - what a midwife can/cannot do depends on the state laws. Here in MO, they can't write prescriptions. Don't know about other stuff though.

Kerry - All I can say is eewww. I did have to plunge the toilet after my DH had a big BM. TMI, I know. He was sooo freaked out by the toilet not flushing. Babies. Guess we'll do anything for love?

Roo - Can't wait to see the Rooster's Secret Plan to Wellness!!

Adah - Good for you on the Chantix. Hang in there with the side effects. Weird dreams/nightmares are very common. But it sure is worth it in the long run!! It has been successful for nearly all of the patients I have seen on it. Your energy will probably perk up once your body gets more oxygen from not smoking. Keep it up!!!

Lauren - It sure is nice to find a health care professional you can feel really comfortable with. I'm really glad to hear she uses the large cuff. Every time I ask people to use it, they look at me like I'm nuts. They can see how big they are for cripes sake!!! I hear you on the low blood pressure even though we are fat chicks!! Mine is usually 90ish/60ish. Last time, the RN took it 2 times, got another cuff, then asked me what my BP usually was. When I told her, she said, "oh, good....it is 90/60...I though my ears were going."

Hanna - Hoope things were OK for you this weekend. Thinking of you.

Well, I've got to go get my dinner and hit the hay. Have a great Sunday all!

Kerri
newFannie07 is offline   Reply With Quote