General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-03-2007, 05:59 PM   #1  
Thinking healthy!

S/C/G: 438/436/350

Height: 5'5½"

Angry Parents acting like kids?

Hi all,

I warn you that I am in 'rant mode' (sorry)

The story began yesterday (as told by my parents - I wasn't there). My son was staying over at my parents and he was outside playing with his friends as per usual. About an hour later, there's a knock at the door - It's the parents of a kid that lives down the street. They're all fired up saying that my son (RJ, nine) hit their child (Shane, eleven) for no reason. The kids that my son were playing with were witnesses to the event and THEY say that Shane provoked RJ by pushing him against a wall. Now these kids pretty much grew up together, and Shane has come over many times - with his sister even (birthday parties, etc. Plus, they go to the same school)

I was prepared to write it off as a 'boys will be boys' moment even though I reprimanded RJ for retaliating in a violent way (he says it was self-defence) because they are kids and they'd have been talking again in five minutes. But when Shane's parents arrived at our doorstep, they were in another kind of mood.

Not only did Shane's father scream at RJ AND my dad (and I quote) "stay the f**k away from my son!" (Oh, yes he did), Shane's mother then went door to door in the estate, telling other parents not to let their kids play with my son!! I kid you not! Shane's dad ended the confrontation saying that he would call the police for my nine year old if he so much as crosses their doorstep.

Now, I'm going to collect my son on Sunday and I want to have a word with them when I go. I'm so shocked at these events that I didn't go there today for fear of what I would've said! I want to know what any of you out there would do in a sitch like this. My head is still spinning!
Amy Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 06:39 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 207/200/135

Height: 5'8

edit

Last edited by Casandra; 05-16-2011 at 04:33 AM.
Casandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 06:44 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 156/150/130

Height: 5'4

What a nasty situation! I would definitely not confront the crazy people alone, but not w/ son in tow, either. However, I would want to speak w/ them as well. Hopefully by Sun., they will have cooled down some and will be rational.
winning the war is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 07:05 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

Oh man.. that sounds like a bad situation. I had a similar situation growing up. I was forced to play with this little girl since our moms worked together. My mom is an sign language interpreter and this other lady was a teacher and she at times made my mom feel as if she was not as good since my mom doesn't have a degree and does make less money than a teacher does. And this little girl was soo mean and such a liar and I ended up having to apologize for things that I didn't even do and still was forced to play with her. Finally about after three years of putting up with it and us always apologizing, this lady actually walked in on her daughter doing something mean to me AS USUAL and it was PRICELESS to see her face. Never again did I have to play with her and apologize. I would just be polite and civil and ask them why they had to speak to your son that way and ask them if they would appreciate you doing that to their son, and tell them about the witnesses.
blondebritbrat17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 07:50 PM   #5  
Thinking healthy!

S/C/G: 438/436/350

Height: 5'5½"

Omg! So this is common occurance...wow!

Blondebrit, the thing is Shane's parents were there alongside the witnesses! Shane's mum apparently didn't believe them (all 5 of them were lying of course, vs her son?????). It's just so weird! Whenever I've seen them, I've been nothing but civil and I would NEVER swear at their child or act the way they had! I was so shocked I kept asking my dad if he was absolutely sure he'd heard exactly what they'd said, because I just could not fathom an adult - a parent no less - acting this way.

One of the parents Shane's mum had gone to actually knocked at the house today, asking if it was true that RJ had been swearing at her son...it's what Shane's mum had told her happened which was ENTIRELY fabricated according to said witnesses....In fact I will go there tomorrow, because it seems that people like this will continue their behaviour unless it's nipped in the bud. I will be civil, for the simple reason that I think it will get my point accross more clearly. I know my son can be mischievous at times (what boy child isn't?) and I'll be the first person to call him out when he's wrong - which I did even though the witnesses clearly said he was provoked. I'll let you know what happens.
Amy Blue is offline   Reply With Quote