South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 11:07 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 267.2/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Why does everyone hate me? (Work and Food!)

I know they really don't, but I just found out that they are having an "Ice Cream Social" on my floor here at work today. This after DH asked me to buy some ice cream sandwiches at the store on my way home, AND a friend of mine keeps asking me to go to Friendly's with her.

I know it's hot - supposed to hit 95 today, but come on people! I've been doing so well, and now they throw ice cream in my face!

Sorry - Just had to vent
Old 08-02-2007, 11:14 AM   #2  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

UGH! MAybe you can suggest SF FF fudgsicles or some SF Icecream?
be strong!
Old 08-02-2007, 11:33 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

I've been pounding back the sf fudgesicles lately. I figure even if I eat 3 a day, I'm doing better than if I eat ice cream. Stay strong! Here's some
Old 08-02-2007, 12:44 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

If that was me, I'd either have to take the day off work to totally avoid the party, or give in and have a planned treat day. But if you do that, make sure to get right back on track, with your next meal.
Ice cream is my biggest weakness, as everyone around here can testify! I could probably live completely on ice cream and be perfectly content.
Ice cream is banned from my house because of my addiction, if anyone wants ice cream, they have to go out for it. I do keep the SF fudgesicles on hand, though, for my nightly PB Cup. I can control myself with them.
Good luck, and let us know how it goes!
Old 08-02-2007, 01:08 PM   #5  

I'm usually not a huge ice cream fan - I buy some, and it ends up getting freezer burned, so I toss it. The problem is when it's hot out, then ice cream tastes good to me...

This was also an unscheduled party today. The secretary just decided a few hours ago that she wanted ice cream, and because she does, might as well get it for everyone!
Old 08-02-2007, 01:16 PM   #6  
Leah

S/C/G: 200/ticker/147

Height: 5'7''

awww that actually sucks!! come here!
Old 08-02-2007, 01:41 PM   #7  
it's always something

I just read that it's official Ice Cream Sandwich day

Hopefully tomorrow will be better Maybe tomorrow can be official Broccoli Day
Old 08-02-2007, 01:50 PM   #8  
Constant vigilance!

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Yeah, why do so many work related events revolve around food? And BAD food to start with! I'm dreading the same thing. When teachers start back next Monday, we're given a "wonderful" bagel breakfast and fruit and then lunch sponsored by the PTA. I will only be on Week 2 of Phase 1 so I'm really trying to psyche myself up to be strong and not give in to the bagels. 8-)

I understand what you're going through... but you CAN resist!

Last edited by noleschick92; 08-02-2007 at 02:27 PM.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:00 PM   #9  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Oh, wow I forgot about Teacher stuff. The Kiwana's (sic) in the town where I teach have a huge pancake breakfast each year for the teachers on the first day we go back. Think I'll just skip it this year. I'm not all that crazy about pancakes, but don't want to look rude by not eating any. Most social events are just plain fattening!!!

My son asked me to pick him up some chocolate ice cream yesterday..but I was ok..as long as I get my peanut butter cup, I'm a happy girl. I've had two of the "sinless" ice creams at Stone Cold Creamery this summer..and I got them to add almonds the second time we went. Not too bad at all. ( really wanted the coffee ice cream with caramel, but I behaved)
Old 08-02-2007, 02:22 PM   #10  

Broccoli day!!! I love it! I'll pack the Bean-O LOL

So far, so good, I helped set up for the 'party' - only because I was in the break room getting water when the secretary came walking in with everything. I didn't even want any of the toppings - not to mention the ice cream. I've got some 100 cal packs of Chocolate Covered Pretzels, and 100 cal packs of Hostes Carrot Cake cup cakes. If I want something sweet, that's what I'll have.

One thing that bothers me though... Why was every one running to get to the ice cream, saying things like "I NEED ice cream"? I needed more water, but everyone was blocking the water cooler trying to get more ice cream! LOL
Old 08-02-2007, 03:37 PM   #11  
Allie

S/C/G: 225/210/135

Height: 5'5''

Ice cream is my serious weakness. Even being allergic to milk, before I started SB I would just SUFFER as long as I could have my Ben and Jerry's. :P

Whenever I need something cool (apartment with no air conditioning! ah!), I freeze grapes. I also keep a few bottles of water in the freezer at all times. If not, I'm too tempted to run across the street and get a pint of B&J's!
Old 08-02-2007, 08:34 PM   #12  
Visualizing the Goal

Oh, Mare. What a mess! Tom eats ice cream nearly every night and most nights I'm fine just sitting with him while he snacks, but some nights are really hard!

And FRIENDLY'S! Ach, woman. Why did you have to mention Friendly's?! I guess it's better to start preparing myself now so I can resist when we get home in a couple days!

Kara
Old 08-03-2007, 10:02 AM   #13  

Well. I must say, I did well. I sat at my desk, and finished my salad, and waited till everything was put away before refilling my water. I had to break down and buy a bottle out of the vending machine in the meantime, but I stayed far away from the party. I didn't even break into my 100 cal packs.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:29 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

good for you iammare! You are strong!
Old 08-03-2007, 11:53 AM   #15  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I'm glad it got resolved and everyone doesn't hate you! See?
Closed Thread