South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 05:45 AM   #1  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Default Wild, Wacky Wednesday Chat

Look at me, starting the thread!

Yes, it's 4:40am Central time. YAWN. Didn't sleep well even with my herbal tea sedative. Made me feel drugged and my eyes burned from wanting to go nite nite, but my brain didn't shut off until after midnight, and then I woke up at 3:30 from weird dreams and just didn't sleep well for the 45 minutes I had left to sleep.

I'm actually going to buy some caffeine to ingest. Possibly Diet Dr. Pepper. I don't do caffeine usually. Makes me a little .

Better dry my hair. Don't worry, I have 3 snacks in my purse to hold me for the 8 hours of driving and hour of watching people eat donuts. Yuck.

Have a great day ladies!

Lisa
Old 08-01-2007, 05:55 AM   #2  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Good luck with you crazy day, Lisa! I'll be thinking about you.

OH! In the middle of my run today I thought of a Bible verse for ya. Proverbs 3:5-6. Go look it up!!!

I'm having a poopy day. I know my happiness shouldn't be tied to the number on the scale, but I'm seriously upset that it's up four pounds from where I started this month despite all the hard work I've been doing. I don't know what else I can do. I'm blaming it on my muscles retaining water. I seriously have no other clue what could be going on since I've been staying on plan and within my calorie limit and getting all of my exercise in. Grump. Anyway, it's bath time for the kids so I have to go get them settled and then I'll check in again later.

Kara
Old 08-01-2007, 06:26 AM   #3  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Lisa, just picture what those nasty donuts would look like IN your stomach and ON your stomach...big globs of nasty fried greasy dough..ick, ick, ick. (oh, man are they HOT donuts?) Have a safe trip!!!

Kara, go put that stupid scale away. I finally did. I'm right there with you. I saw it go up 6 lbs, then down about 4, then up about 4 and I have been nothing but good...not one "bad" thing has passed my lips other than that one oyster on the 4th of July and one little sip of coke the other day when I was coughing and my husband gave me a slug of his coke. it was the first little sip I've had of any soft drink since April. I'm doing everything right. I have finally decided to "give up" and not look at the scale and not think about what I'm eating...not that I am not eating good healthy stuff, but I've decided to just not think about it..obsess about it. I'm staying completely OP, but decided whatever happens, happens and I don't have a goal, timeline etc. I know I'm losing because of the way my clothes are all so baggy on me and that stupid scale can just kiss my...well, you know.

Oh and I discovered a really good treat. I had baked a batch of Nessa Bars and I wanted something sweet when I was watching Big Brother last night as my husband munched on cookies (geeze that Amber on BB really gets on my last nerve!) Anyway, I took about a 1/2 a bar while it was still hot and dipped it in some sugar free pancake syrup. It was really good!

Last edited by femmecreole; 08-01-2007 at 06:34 AM.
Old 08-01-2007, 06:30 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, girls.

I'm dragging this morning, I slept fitfully most of the night, then was about to get up at 5, and promptly fell into a deep sleep until around 5:45! Coffee is tasting delicious this morning, I don't know how you gals that don't drink it can wake up in the morning! I'm seriously addicted.

Weezle, have a safe trip this morning, and I hope your meeting goes well.

Kara, my guess is that you are retaining water right now. Are you making sure you're drinking plenty of water every day? People tend to retain water and gain weight in humid weather, too, so that's probably the problem.

I'm going to go take a peek around the boards, but I'll be back.
Old 08-01-2007, 06:43 AM   #5  
Visualizing the Goal

People gain weight in humid weather?! WELL, HECK! I CANNOT WAIT UNTIL FALL because I will certainly lose about ten pounds overnight. I am seriously tearing up because I'm laughing so hard. It is BEYOND humid here! And Cat lives in the middle of an oppressive cloud, too, right? For crying out loud, why didn't that scale come with some kind of a warning on it?! I think half the reason I'm so frustrated is that I finally got away from weighing every day and went two weeks so I was expecting a nice little reward for not peeking every day and I almost cried this morning.

Linda, let me tell you how I wake up without coffee every morning..."MOM! I'M HUNGRY! MOM! CAN I HAVE SOME WATER? MOM! AVERY SMELLS POOPY! MOM! CAN WE WATCH SESAME STREET? MOM! CAN I PLAY LEGO STAR WARS? MOM! IS IT TUESDAY? MOM!..." You get the picture. Who needs coffee?!

Alrighty, we're going to play Go Fish! and then read Harry Potter and then brush and floss and the kids are going to bed. Be back in a bit.

Kara
Old 08-01-2007, 06:54 AM   #6  

Kara~ Sorry, I forgot those days!
Old 08-01-2007, 07:00 AM   #7  
Visualizing the Goal

We used to call Kadyn "Me Eats" because every morning she would come into our room and stand next to my side of the bed and say, "ME EATS!" It was so cute! We had to move her from a crib into a toddler bed when she was 14 months old because she figured out how to climb out of her crib, so she was able to escape her room whenever she wanted from a very young age.

Kids are funny. Much funnier in retrospect than at the moment, usually!

I just had the BEST time playing Go Fish! with Connor and Kadyn. It was such a blast!

And I forgot to say that I make sure to get at least 80 ounces of water a day. Today I had 80 ounces of water plus 32 ounces of Crystal Lite Peach Iced Tea. (I only allow myself the Crystal Lite if I've gotten all my water in so it's a little treat.)

Kara
Old 08-01-2007, 07:04 AM   #8  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandkara View Post
It is BEYOND humid here! And Cat lives in the middle of an oppressive cloud, too, right? For crying out loud, why didn't that scale come with some kind of a warning on it?!
Gawd, I didn't think about that either. Yep, it is so humid and hot here you can't even breathe outside. It has stormed every afternoon here all summer and when it is not storming the sun is beating down on the drenched ground and the "steam" is everywhere. The average humidity has been 96% and the temps around 93. (doing the V8 head knock!) DUH.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:32 AM   #9  
Visualizing the Goal

Do you feel like you walk into a cloud every time you go outside? Like you can just *see* the moisture in the air? I can't wait for fall!

Kara
Old 08-01-2007, 07:36 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 191/183/140

Height: 5'5

'Morning chicks!

Weezle, it always seems when I need to sleep my body just won't let me. I hope that Diet Dr. Pepper does the trick!

Kara, are you sure you're eating enough with all that running you're doing? Runing five miles at a jog burns over 600 calories according to the treadmill at my gym...maybe you just need a bit more fuel? By the way, I still demand food in the morning by shouting "ME EATS!"

Femme, thanks for the reminder of how icky doughnuts are...last night I had a craving for one of those "Simpsons" doughnuts they have at 7-11 with the lurid pink icing. But I'm sure if I caved, I just have a belly ache the rest of the day. DOH!

Cottage, I'm addicted to the coffee too. Last week the coffee maker at work was broken, and it was an ugly, ugly day for everyone!

Me, going to try a new class at the gym this afternoon involving two-pound weighted balls that you hold in each hand. I need to incorporate more weight training into my routine, but I really don't like doing machines. I doubt this class is what I'm looking for, but I may just be surprised!
Old 08-01-2007, 08:07 AM   #11  

I may be addicted to coffee, but thank goodness I'm not addicted to donuts! I just picture them as a big gob of lard and sugar, yuck! Now, if I could just get my mind around that idea for my ice cream addiction, I'd have it made!
I just came in from watering my flowers. One of my neighbors was just getting into his car, and we started chatting, and another neighbor came over, and another, and we ended up gabbing out there for a while! That was nice. My work day starts at 9:15 today, and I should be done at 5. Maybe I'll have a little time to sit out on the patio after supper and enjoy the evening before the mosquitoes come out. Tomorrow Caitlyn and Carley will be coming out to stay with us until Monday, as Monica & Eric have to go to Chicago for a church conference. I'm off all next week, and we were going to go to Nova Scotia, but I'm not sure if we're still going or not. It doesn't matter either way to me, it'll be nice just to have another week off.

Cat, I like your attitude about the evil scale! It can make or break a perfectly good day. I try to ignore mine most of the time, it's not a good friend of mine.

Betty, don't overdo it with those weighted balls or you'll be sore tomorrow! A change in your exercise routine may be just what you're looking for!
Old 08-01-2007, 08:16 AM   #12  
Visualizing the Goal

Betty, I just saw those weight balls on line when I was looking for something else. Intriguing. They must be the "new thing". You'll have to tell me how your class goes!

The treadmills at our gym say that I burn over 600 calories an hour, too, but according to Fitday it's 450 or something. I figure I'd go by Fitday because I'm going by their calorie counts for food. I'm getting 1400-1600 calories a day, hardly deprivation, and I'm never starving (unless I'm late for a meal). I don't have this "problem" others talk about where they don't get hungry. How does this work? I am always ready to eat!

Linda, we had wonderful neighbors in California. We could sit outside on our lawn chairs for hours and just chat, watching the kids ride their bikes up and down the street. It was fun!

Oh, Avery just woke up. Probably wants her "midnight snack". This child...loves her "ennay".

Kara
Old 08-01-2007, 09:04 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Good Morning Ladies! Survived yesterday, the afternoon was very hectic but it makes the day go fast! My stacks are slowly shrinking! Made a final decision yesterday to goto my 20 year class reunion on the 11th! Yikes! 20 years! Guess that means I have to go shopping this weekend to find something to wear, ah shucks!

Lisa hope you have a good trip to indy! Hope things are looking up for you, I have been thinking of you! Must have been something in the air last night that made us all have weird dreams! I had a dream I bought my first house I ever owned in Michigan again and that it had this huge room added on with 20 different hot tubs, endless swimming pools etc......? Perhaps deciding to go home for my reunion is having a serious impact on my brain!

Kara I have faith that you are going to see a drop on that scale soon! I know how frustrating it can be, I went through a time when it just did not want to budge. I think it was a battle of wits between my body and my mind/eating and for once my mind won! I love hearing your stories about the kids! Gosh I miss them being young! My middle one was addicted to gerber yogurt drinks like I am to coffee and would go straight to the cupboard every morning and bring me one to open. Finally got to where we had to hide them from her.

Femme I haven't tried the oatmeal bars with syrup! What a plan! I have been putting peanut butter in them though and loooooooove them! Oh and Amber! My son and I just laugh everytime she cries! I think eric will accomplish his goal if he just gets everyone to say "I'll do that for a dollar" everytime she lets loose!

Betty I am looking for something new to try also, sounds interesting, keep us posted!

Wow am I windy today or what??? Have a great day ladies! Check back later!
Old 08-01-2007, 09:17 AM   #14  
Visualizing the Goal

Pacer, thank you so much. You don't know how much I needed to hear someone say that she thinks I can beat this thing. I feel so helpless when things like this happen because I'm doing my darndest and things aren't working out the way I thought. And since I run the world...oh wait...

But, thanks. It means a lot.

I think I heard a rumor that Kier locked up the whoosh fairy at her place and is engaging in tickle torture until that fairy doles out a whoosh, so maybe once she's released she'll fly over here and help me out?

The good news is that I felt like splurging tonight, felt like it in my head, but my stomach was still reasonably satisfied from dinner and so I chose to not stuff myself, knowing how it would make me feel icky and bloated. I'm proud of listening to my heart and not my gut.

All of this work *has* to pay off sometime. It just *has* to.

Kara
Old 08-01-2007, 09:19 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Good morning chickens!
Dang, I had a whole big post typed up, and my laptop gagged. Well, I guess you guys lucked out, now you get the short version!
Got up and walked with my neighbor this morning, feeling very proud of myself. Got home looking forward to having a leftover piece of spinach-crab frittata for breakfast to find that DH had the munchies late last night and polished it off, so I'm stuck with oatmeal and V8, Boo! I guess I forgot that I need to cook about 5X as much food when he's around. Not much on the agenda today except hopefully a productive work day. I hope DH will get the kids out from underfoot and take them to the pool.
Hope you all have a wonderful hump day!
Closed Thread