Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 02:27 PM   #1  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

Default Who is going BACK to meetings in AUGUST?

Anyone? By that I mean, you are already a WW member and you were doing it on your own without the support of the meetings and it's not really going the way you want it to (for whatever reason!) and you've decided "That's it! I'm going back!"

I'm going back on the 14th. Why the wait? My DF has two kids from his previous relationship and they are with us for 3 weeks every summer. They are with us until NEXT next weekend. I work very far from home and want to be sure to get at least an hour with them before they have to go to bed. If I go to a meeting already, I will miss that. Therefore, I'm going on the Tuesday after they go back to their mom's.

I'm ready, but I'm scared, but I really want this. I have never been able to do this completely on my own (well, I've maintained a 4 - 5 KG loss since last August, so that's good) and I absolutely MUST, for myself, my health, my well being, get back on the right track and back to my goal weight. I'm going to be 39 in September and the last thing I want is to hit 40 and have this weight still annoying and bothering me.

So... I would love to know if any of "you" out there are planning/wanting/deciding to go back in August We could support each other here!
Old 07-31-2007, 04:04 PM   #2  
banned

good luck!

i do it on my own and amazed at how well im doing but i hit ocasional bumps in the road. im 9/18 when are you?
Old 08-01-2007, 09:51 AM   #3  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

thanks andrea

that is amazing for you. I'm glad you have less trouble than I do with doing it alone.

I'm the 3rd are you also going to be 39? We can commiserate together!
Old 08-01-2007, 02:28 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 248.6/249/135

Height: 5'2"ish

I'm starting over in August as well. I've been attending meetings on and off for over a year (after going steady for 6 months) but I wasn't really following the program. Now I've gotten the motivation back that I had when I frist started. I'm hoping it keeps up and I can start losing again....

I'd love the support we can provide each other....it's good to have a buddy....
Old 08-02-2007, 12:16 AM   #5  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Hey Chrissy! When do you think you'll go back? Do you have a specific meeting you want to go to or just the one you went to on and off?

I'm glad you are "starting over" again too we can kick each other in the behind to keep each other going!
Old 08-04-2007, 03:24 AM   #6  
SummerRuth2013-MFP

S/C/G: 275.5/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'5

Renee:
I'll be attending my first meeting in almost a month tomorrow. I know I need the accountability to follow along and proceed from where I am. I will post my recommitment weight tomorrow evening when I get back home from having my car worked on. Good luck to all!!!
Old 08-05-2007, 04:55 AM   #7  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

good for you summer! I'm glad you are going as well! I think the meetings will really give us the extra accountablility that we need
Old 08-05-2007, 02:41 PM   #8  
SummerRuth2013-MFP

Renee:
I went yesterday and faced the scale. In the three weeks since I weighed in last, I only lost .8 lbs. I'm down to 250.2 . So even with my wedding on the 28th, I didn't gain anything but actually lost! I'm really suprised. I figured with all the stress I was under the week of the wedding, I would have gained weight. So now, I have 5 lbs to my first goal which is 245. Thanks for creating this thread!
Old 08-05-2007, 05:40 PM   #9  
I believe in myself

S/C/G: 257/200/160

Height: 5'8

Hi ~
I'm going to a meeting and weighing in tomorrow. I've been in Texas for almost a month and it's time to get back on track. I slipped into "I'm on vacation" mode.
I'd like to join ya'll, I could use a and I can give them as well.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:15 PM   #10  
Soon2BFit

S/C/G: 246.2/See Ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

I actually decided last year that I was going back to WW in August. I began again on August 1st 2006 and I am so happy I didn't wait. I had done it on my on for awhile and I was not making any progress. Anyone who is starting in August will be happy you did.

Denise
Old 08-12-2007, 07:51 AM   #11  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama_Angel_2006 View Post
Renee:
I went yesterday and faced the scale. In the three weeks since I weighed in last, I only lost .8 lbs. I'm down to 250.2 . So even with my wedding on the 28th, I didn't gain anything but actually lost! I'm really suprised. I figured with all the stress I was under the week of the wedding, I would have gained weight. So now, I have 5 lbs to my first goal which is 245. Thanks for creating this thread!

This is GREAT news!!!! I'm so glad you went and weighed in - and you say "only" .8lbs but that's .8lbs DOWN in the right direction!!! woot!
Old 08-12-2007, 07:56 AM   #12  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catsgetnhealthy View Post
Hi ~
I'm going to a meeting and weighing in tomorrow. I've been in Texas for almost a month and it's time to get back on track. I slipped into "I'm on vacation" mode.
I'd like to join ya'll, I could use a and I can give them as well.
Cat, how did it go? Did you get back to your meeting? If not... do your best to go this coming week!!!

I hear ya on the "I'm on vacation" mode thing! I can also add::

1) I just started a new job and need to focus on that instead
2) I am on my period and I can't be bothered right now
3) I have too much stress in my life to add losing weight to the list
4) I don't have any money to buy the right things for my lifestyle change
5) I'm going to just have pizza and a bottle of wine tonight and I'll start again tomorrow
6) I can't possibly lose weight because of these meds I'm taking
7) I can't deal with the shopping/cooking when we have the kids so I'll just go for the easy way and then go back to my plan after they go back to their mother's (I have step-kids).

Yep, pretty much all but number 6 (got off the meds! ) seem to be in constant rotation BUT NOT ANYMORE!!! T - 2 days for my first meeting back!!
Old 08-12-2007, 07:59 AM   #13  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR8 2B47 View Post
I actually decided last year that I was going back to WW in August. I began again on August 1st 2006 and I am so happy I didn't wait. I had done it on my on for awhile and I was not making any progress. Anyone who is starting in August will be happy you did.

Denise

Good for you Denise!!! How's it been going since you've been back? Did you go to a different meeting? Are there any "old" faces you've reconnected with? Any inspirational stories from your leader or members there?

I'm really looking forward to Tuesday! All except that I know the number on the WW scale will most likely put me in the 100's again (Kilos - at home I'm normally around 95 - 96). I'm just going to take it with a grain of salt and do my best to get out of the 100's immediately!!
Old 08-13-2007, 04:02 PM   #14  
SummerRuth2013-MFP

Unfortunately, this week I was back up, Renee. I weighed in at 252.8 so only .6 from where I started back in April with the meetings but I'm still 4.2 lbs down from where I was in January so either way, it's good. A loss is a loss no matter how small!
Old 08-13-2007, 11:57 PM   #15  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

I'm glad you are still down in total. That's what counts right? I mean, I'm down 5KG since last August. It's not much, but at least I didn't go back up!

Today is the day. I'm totally ready. I've been using my at home CD the last couple of days and planning like crazy. Went to the grocery store last night for some basic items. I AM going to reach my goal by my 40th birthday!!! I refuse to stay this way for any longer!!!!
Closed Thread