Old 07-31-2007, 05:36 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default 30 Something's Daily Chat Tuesday 7/31

GooD Morning...I honestly don't believe men can handle thinking before comments...(Sorry BigJohn and Rx--except ya'll). SD was soo mad at her dad this weekend and when I asked him what was wrong he said--I told her she needed to take her pills cuz her face was soo bad again with pimples--OK..we are at a restaurant eating a nice Sunday lunch(OK..ChuckECheese) and now he has ruined everything and she is in the bathroom crying.. WHen I went to the bathroom and asked her what was wrong she just screamed...my dad is a [email protected] just smiled and agreed that he was but that wasn't a nice thing to say about your dad....I then had to lecture him about tactful ways of talking..THen they left--and he went to take her to a soccer game and wrecked my van..oh well...at least the woman had good insurance and will give me a rental while my van is in the shop...(not their fault)

Hope things are better Sheila--
Kerry--Hope U smoothed things over with the 11 y/o...He could be a great resourse to her--not a hinderence in her weightloss/health efforts...

Adah--Yeah on quitting smoking!!! Big step!!!

Ok--Good Morning Joan, Goddess, Tiffanie, Lauren, Karen, Roo,Wanna Be(Hello and welcome back!!!!)
Hanna--hoping your son is doing well
and hello to all I cant think of cuz I am late!!!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 06:47 AM   #2  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

S/C/G: 162/152/135

Height: 5'5"

RR

707: good to see you again, and yes my DD is growing up.

I'm on BFL these days, and I love it. I have to go on an unexpected road trip, so it will be a challenge to stay on-plan, but I'm gonna give it all I've got
wannaBsize7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 07:09 AM   #3  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

RR; Sorry to hear about your van. Glad you smoothed things over with the daughter.

wannabesize7; What is BFL mean?

Kerry: I am so sorry. I have to agree with Joan on the weight issue with your daughter. DD needs to pull his head out hu? You know I vented yesterday and now I am ok. Mark was nice to me last night I am just tired of his attitude but then again I have not lost a parent so I have to watch what I say.

Eating has been going ok guys although last night about 2 I awoke and was eating a candy bar. I sleep walk and sleep eat sometimes especially if I get stressed so today I am hiding any candy and goodies I have I have not done that in a long time.
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 07:55 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

morning all...nothing really new to report. I have been doing really well with eating though and im feeling great about it.
Sheila - sleep walking and eating..that's not good. I've heard about ppl like that. you need to put a lock in the fridge at night. Sorry about DH. I wish things could get better. But at least you are trying.
Kar - sorry about DH also. It sucks when they aren't supportive and helpful. and for him to tell DD to lose weight...that's a big blow to her ego. She probably already knows she needs to lose weight. UGGHHH
hanna- big hugs to you. I know its a very hard thing, but i do believe it will help DS. You guys really need some help with him. Give it some time and hang in there. As for the house, we are slowly getting settled. DH will be back on friday and maybe then we can get the house back together...unfortunately i fly out Sat to go to portland oregan for some training with banfield for a week. I have to put my poor mutt in a kennel. Normally i have a pet sitter at home, but still learning ppl here. Alright all..got to get ready for work...bye
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 09:52 AM   #5  

good morning all!

well...first of all Mo says hi and she is doing fine..she asked me to post that and she will be back soon..

my sons party was great..we had so much fun..he is too funny..he wouldnt let us sing happy birthday..he kept saying wait everytime we started then he said no singing...it was funny..and all this while the candles were burning and melting all over his cake ; }...eventually he blew out his candles...great fun..my mom left yesterday

hanna: i am so sorry you are going through this...ds needs help to get this right for him, and as hard as it is, this is the best thing...i am glad you can see him...i think i missed the post but is this a permanent move or temporary?...i am glad you and hubby have a strong relationship, you need each other more than ever right now and it sounds like you have that...please keep us updated and you and your son and your hubby are in my prayers and thoughts

gg: glad the house is coming together...soon hubby will be there full time again..i think i remember reading that should be coming up soon right?

rr: thats so sad that sd was so upset...i know acne/weight whatever is hard for girls at that age...i hope her and her dad can get through it...thats funny that she called her dad that (sorry) and your response back i love it!...sorry your van was messed up, at least you get a rental...

sheila: i hope things are getting alittle better for you and your kids

adah: congrats on the effort to quit smoking...

joan: the kids out here start aug 15 also..well our school district does..the neighboring districts dont but ours does...out here we will get a longer winter break, thats why they had them start so early...we've done this for about 2 years now...congrats on the weight loss!

tiffanie: congrats on the 30 pounds lost..thats wonderful!...keep it up girl!

john: wanted you to know..i went to pick up my shoes and they were the wrong size!..i was so mad..ive since gotten over it...i ordered new ones and hopefully they will be here this week...i cant wait to use them..i have the ipod part sitting on my dresser waiting to be used...how are yours working out?...are you logging your activity through nike.com or just leaving it on your ipod?

kerry: hope you are having a good morning and had a great rest of your evening last night

ok..i dont know who else besides hanna watches big brother...but its on tonight!..cant wait to see who wins pov!....i want jen gone but honestly i wouldnt mind if kail left, i am feeling like she is not a "christian" like as she claims..she seems to not be truthful alot!...

anyways, have a great day everyone!
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 10:20 AM   #6  
KAR

Morning everyone,
My morning is going good. I didn't sleep much last night. I think it was the stress from everything yesterday. As for my sdd, her mom and stepdad are heavy people. It is nothing for us to call out there or stop to drop something off and they are sitting down to do dinner at 9:30 or 10 p.m. to eat dinner. Then after she eats dinner it is right off to bed she goes. We have had a talk with her in the past about her weight. One of her brother's went home and told their mom we said that his sister needed to go on a diet. It was a mess! Her mom doesn't think she is fat and that we are just picking on her. It is pretty bad when the pedi says something to my dh about her weight when he took her for a doctor's appointment back in the spring. The pedi was madder than a wet hornet. But my dh told her that there was really nothing he could do since her mom has custody. We give her healthy food when she is with us. So I don't know what we are going to do seems that our hands are tied. Any suggestions would be helpful!
RR, glad you were able to comfort your sd. That is funny what she called him though. How could you not laugh? So my dh isn't the only one to say things that are a private manner out in public and embarrass everyone involved. Sorry to hear about your van. Glad that you are going to have a rental well it is being fixed.
Shelia, glad that things were a little bit nicer at home with your dh last night. Sorry to hear about your sleep walking and eating. One of my friend's son's does that. He had lost 20 pounds. But he started doing it again and gained 11 of them back. He told us he was just going to give up eating. Hope your day goes better today and that you are not stressed when you go to bed.
GG your right about sdd. She told me that her dad had really hurt her feelings that she has been trying. But see she just went on vacation with her friend to the Outer Banks for a week. When she came in this morning, she told me that she hadn't went to the bathroom in 5 days. So that could have a big role to plan in her weight too. When my dh wakes up and finds out about it. I hope he finds crappy about it. She and I are going to start walking together out at the lake. So that should help her and I will suggest foods that are healthy for her to eat when she is with us. Sorry to hear that you have to go to Portland for trainging and have to leave your dog in a kennel. Hope that week flies by for you!
Christina glad your son had a great birthday party. That is cute about the singing. They sure do grow up fast. I remember when I met my stepkids they were 4 and 6. They were so cute and cuddlely back then. Now they are 9 and 11. They are still cute kids. But boy can they be mouthy and disrespectful. It is embarassing sometimes when we are out in public and their mouth starts going. Just want to choke them! LOL
Well I better go and think about doing something for a form of exercise today. I have TOPS this evening. I am hoping for a loss.
Talk to you all later. Have a great day!
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 10:58 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 240/ST/140

Good Morning all! Things are good here, We had a not so good encounter with about a 125 lb rotwhiler (Sp) on our walk last night. This is not the first time. He is chained in his front yard on what looks to be about a 5 lbs. chain and charges to the edge of his yard when we walk by. We walk our beagle and last night we turned around before going to near to him. I am certain that he can easily break his chain but hate to cut our walks short. Hubby suggested he bring his gun but that seems excessive, I thought about a ball bat but that seems lame too All of the roads in our area lead into culdesacs so this is our only option for a full block. We have also clocked it in the car and know it's 3 .2 miles and a great walk with a huge hill. Any suggestions? Crazy I know..
Tiffanie
TRowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 11:51 AM   #8  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hello everyone. Aunt Flo has returned here (sorry guys!) after an almost 2 year break and she is whipping my butt. Ugh. If it goes on much longer I am going to have to go see the doctor to make sure everything is alright. We took Alex to play minature golf and ride bumper boats on Saturday and I sat in the car with Cassie (with the air conditioner blowing full blast!).

RR: Glad to hear that your niece is doing well. They did all of those tests with Cassie at her one year because she is still so small. Everything was fine. I think it's just some kids are big and some kids are small.

Lauren: Good luck on the job hunt. Did you ever find the other shoe?

Sheila: Stay strong. You have to look out for your kids and yourself. You can support DH, but he has to do the work.

GG: Cool that DH is joining you. It's always easier when the hubbies are on the wagon too!

Hanna: Hugs to you. I know it's hard, but you are doing the right thing. He needs to be where he is to get the help he needs. Let them work on getting the meds worked out and figure out what behaviour modification/therapy works for him. Take advantage of him being away and REST.

John: Funny shower story! I'm glad you had a good time at the opera after going through all of that water to get ready.

Kerry/Christina/Tiffany:

I have an odiferous girl sitting beside me so I guess I better go take care of that! Have a great day!!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 07:16 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

Christina- I'm doing well with my Ipod. In the 2 weeks I've had it I'ved logged 20 miles and bruned 5,000 plus cals. I upload it to Nike as well so I can see each walk. (I've worked out more then just that but the I pod only logs walking and running)

Kerry sorry about how your DH handle the weight thing. I find men are blunt and to the point when we get the coruage to stay anything when it comes to feelings it just sorta comes out and we say what goin through our heads at that moment. This is how we end up with our foot in our mouth sometimes all the way up do our but cheek.

An dads are our superhero's I'll be 30 in Nov and I still hope I can be just half the man my father is and with each year and each experiance. I respect my father even more for who he is and what he's done. Good and the bad. No matter how bad things get my dads still there even to this day. I can't really put into words the bond between fathers and sons. Just thinking about not having my dad around damn near brings me to tears. I can see how even after 10 years your DH still has issues when it comes around the time of his dads death. The only thing I can say that may help is to reasure him that he's a good man and father and that your proud of him. If it were me that would be the reasureance I'd be looking for cause that what I'd be questioning myself about. And something I would go and ask my dad about. But don't just go and blurt it out at him cause he'll think your crazy.

Its my best guess without meeting and knowing your DH better.
Outland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 10:22 PM   #10  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Hey all,

Slow thread, which is good cause I need to catch up with everyone. Got back from weekend trip and I am exhausted. Today both of our dogs got fixed. My husband had an appointment at the allergist. Found out he doesn't have allergies, just uncontrolled asthma. Maybe copd. I had to get blood work done also. I'm sure I will be exhausted tomorrow. Puppies are doing pretty well after surgery though.

Christina, my son wouldn't even blow out his candle on his first birthday, he was to shy.

Oh and I do believe my husband is also just awful about saying insensitive things to the kids. It really pi**es me off to. Just tonight he was on my son for crying (he's 8) I told him he can't belittle him for having feelings and showing them.

I will try to catch up on alll the posts soon! Nite all!
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 01:17 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

hi!

Another very difficult and emotional day, DS is not doing well yet, he had a very bad day today. When we went to see him this evening he was asleep, I guess that is a good thing since he was pretty agitated while awake. I feel like life has been drained out of me. I cry all day.
I tried to have a good morning and afternoon, one of the ladies from my book club called to take me out for lunch, it was very nice of her, I am afraid I was not good company I did my best thought, she was very sweet.

Alicia sorry to hear about DH asthma, it can be controlled pretty easily right? what kind of dogs do you have? poor little guys. I have been postponing fixing my little yorkie we are going to do it but not now with all the stuff going on with Sean I don't think I could get thru the dog being in pain too.

John I love your post about your father, that is so wonderful! I am glad you have such a great dad! I loved my dad too, I miss him a lot, he passed away 9 yrs ago.

Tiffany I am sorry to hear about the encounter with the dog, I am afraid of big dogs, I would walk the other way or even cross the street if you can!

RR sorry about the van, didn't you just get it recently? I hope the can fix it all together!

Sheila isn't it funny when you sleep walk and eat you go for the candy? I guess it would be easier than anything else. SORRY!

Christina I am glad the birthday party was fun and that your son enjoyed it, how is Dominic?

GG sounds like you are right on track that is wonderful!

Every one else I send

I don't know how I am going to get through tomorrow, it is my birthday and I wish DS was home and doing great.
Thank you all for all your support in this very difficult time.

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote