South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 11:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 330.5/307.5/250

Height: 5'5"

Question What the heck should I do? Work Event

So each month at month end, we have a BLITZ Day and the company provides all our food, drink, etc. So last month was amazing subs and I thought, Wow, I'll just have all the fixin's no bread. Now I found that they're having Pizza and Wings tomorrow. Can I have the wings? I know the pizza is probably out. Need some advise. I'm in Phase 2.

Also, have any of you bought frozen Pizzas for home? I bought the Kashi one today but haven't tried it yet. I figured it be safer than regular pizza.
Old 07-31-2007, 01:06 AM   #2  
it's always something

Oh dear! How are the wings prepared? Will they be in a sugary sauce? Any chance of a salad?
Old 07-31-2007, 03:10 AM   #3  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

I have no clue what I'd do in that situation at work. You'll have to figure out whether it's worth it for you to backslide a bit or if you've been doing so well that you don't want to deal with a speed bump.

But about pizza at home...I've just recently started doing "make your own pizzas" at home with whole wheat tortilla shells. I toast them in the oven for five minutes a side and then let the kids top them with whatever they want. So far, our favorites have been baby spinach, artichoke hearts, and mushrooms. I use tomato sauce and sprinkle mozzarella on top, and then they go back in the oven for a couple minutes until the cheese melts. They're so yummy! We're actually having them for dinner tomorrow. It's quick and easy, and they load on the veggies so it's got to be good for them!!!

Kara
Old 07-31-2007, 07:50 AM   #4  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

How about you fixing and bringing a huge salad to share with everyone? That way you can have something good and I'm sure your co-workers would appreciate it too. Pizza and Wings...uh, no!
Old 07-31-2007, 08:13 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Cann, oh boy, that's going to be rough, trying not to give in to temptation! Wings and pizza are no-nos, though. If you just can't avoid them, how about having just one wing, and a small slice of pizza? Would you be able to stop at that? I like Cat's suggestion of bringing a nice salad to share, that would give you something to munch on while everyone around you is eating.
Another thought; if you do give in to temptation, think about how miserable you're going to feel afterwards. Is it really worth all the hard work you've put into this? And are your co-workers going to think "oh, look, she's cheating already." ? Show them you can do this!
Old 07-31-2007, 09:15 AM   #6  

You can also just bring your own lunch. I have found in situations like this that no one really cares what you are eating. It is our minds that we let mess with us.
Old 07-31-2007, 01:50 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 267.2/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Around here, when there's wings, there's always celery, and sometimes carrot sticks. Any chance they'll have that?

As for wings - I understand not having them if they are breaded and in a icky sweet sauce - but that's not typical for where I'm from (WNY) - usually no breading, and pretty much a vinegar based hot sauce is all that is on them - and sometimes it's just straight Frank's Red Hot - nothing more. Are those OK to eat? Or is it just the fact that wings are high in fat? Just wondering.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:09 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Wings are very high in fat, and to add to that, we usually eat them with the skin on. That makes them even higher in calories. As a great substitute, there's a recipe in the boards for Buffalo Chicken Strips with Blue Cheese Dressing, posted by Beachgal, that is excellent. It's too late to make them for today's luncheon, but maybe next time?
Old 07-31-2007, 05:07 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 191/183/140

Height: 5'5

The first (and only) time I ate real pizza after being on South Beach for a while, I felt really really sick to my stomach for several hours afterwards. Just say no and pack something SB-friendly. You don't want to be chugging Pepto like I did!
Old 07-31-2007, 05:09 PM   #10  

Cottage That is one of our all time favorite recipes around here. YUM!
Closed Thread