Old 07-30-2007, 03:07 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/145/145

Default Uncommon food combinations?

I’m always looking for new things to try that may be out of the norm. I’ve been really hungry for some cauliflower so I think I’m going to try it with some melted laughing cow cheese (not really all that strange, but sounds like it would be good). Are there any strange or uncommon food combinations that you have tried that you would like to share?
tingirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 03:28 PM   #2  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Tingirl, a quick side dish for me is to cook some cauliflower in the microwave, add a wedge of laughing cow cheese and 1/2 T. of bacon bits for a very quick lunchtime side dish. It goes great with a veggie burger.

Not so uncommon but I love strawberry jello, with fresh or frozen strawberries, pineapple and mandarin oranges and a thin layer of yogurt on top. It's very sweet and pretty low calorie.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 03:30 PM   #3  
hara hachi bu

My step-mom used to make us peanut-butter and grilled-cheese sandwiches when we were younger.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 06:46 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

I had some speckled lima beans from the farmer's market that I really needed to cook. I had no "normal" meat (ham, bacon, etc) for them but I did have 2 links of sweet italian sausage. I used those, together, with some onion, garlic, bay, salt, and pepper and they were GREAT! Served it with grilled corn on the cob and a baby romaine salad. I just LOVE meals that are completely from the farmer's market! So fresh and delicious.
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 08:05 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 225/145/145

Yummy! I tried the cauliflower with laughing cow and bacon bits! It was so good an filling.

I can't try the peanut butter sandwich because peanut butter is not allowed in my house. I have not master control over peanut butter and don't think I ever will.

The lima beans sound so good! I love when I throw things together and they work out so well.

Thanks guys!
tingirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 10:01 PM   #6  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 250/225/150

Height: 5'5"

I make my tuna salad kind of interesting, I mix a can of tuna with a tablespoon of light mayo, a tablespoon of sweet and hot mustard, diced onion, dill relish, shredded carrots and black pepper (sometimes I add diced green or red peppers too), then I spread it on those big square Wasa crackers.
wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 11:31 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

Mine are: avocado, baby spinach, diced tomato. with a raspberry vinaigrette.

Wheat flat bread with a dollop of roasted red pepper hummus, baby spinach, 4 skin less grilled lemon pepper chicken fingers with Colby jack cheese and some mild pepper like banana pepper rings.

Boil 4 boneless chicken breasts and cut or shred set a side. In a large pot at kidney beans and pinto beans. I use 2 cans each added the chicken and add package of better cheddar sausages cut them into slices first. Couple of dices onions bring to a boil and added whole grain brown rice. Serve once rice is plump. Makes a whole lot last me about 2 weeks if I eat it every day.
Outland is offline   Reply With Quote