Old 07-29-2007, 09:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

Default The freedom

Rain falls upon me as I head outside. The from the pavement radiates round me warming my legs. Ahead of me is the hill, the grass is being reborn with each of rain the air is crisp clean. Then it hits the spark the freedom to move I set the pace on the hill pushing myself and it feels good. I say I'll just do the show route I've already done enough for today. Yet I keep on the from the 1st week no were to be found. No sore knees no bruised heel. My shoes hug my feet nicely now broken in well over 15miles log with them how many more will be logged on them that is my choice.

I find myself looking at the same streets that I see everyday but they seem different. I'm no longer whizzing by at 45mph with the worries that other have placed on me. No this is just for me being on the street I watch the colors of the sky change in hues that no artist could make and no picture show the true brilliances and depth of each shade.

Yes I want to be health yes I do this cause I want to loose the weight but what drives me is the freedom. Yes people laugh as they pass me in their cars and say mean things. Its easy to see why they would for people fear change and seeing me the way that I am gives them reason to feel better about themselves at I take that way with each step forward I take.

Oh do I smile the thought of not one day just walking my street but running my street and other for what else I have missed zooming by in my steel cage. I watch rabbits as I walk by a yard on bounces way but the just looks at me as I go by. I wonder how I smell to him. Perhaps that what made the other one take?

The freedom I feel when I walk is addicting I spend the days thinking of going for my walk and what new thing or site I might see how fast will I do it how far will I go? I don't know but I will when I get there.
Outland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 01:51 AM   #2  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

Lovely
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 07:17 AM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Nice. Very nice. I'm really glad to hear that you are enjoying your walks.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 08:15 AM   #4  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Big John, that is so cool! Thanks for sharing.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 08:23 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 261.5/176.5/145

Height: 5.5

It's amazing how freeing everything is feeling! Great job pointing that out to us all!
royalsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 09:27 AM   #6  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

John- that was a very nice post. It is nice that you have found your place of peace...despite the occassional rude person. Like you said, people fear change. You are making great progress. You should be proud of yourself.. we all are!
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 09:41 AM   #7  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

I wish my walks were that enjoying. I struggle to make myself even go. Glad you like yours. Sounds peaceful.
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 09:55 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/133

Height: 5'3''

Amen!
jellybelly06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 01:37 AM   #9  

lalique is offline   Reply With Quote