Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-27-2007, 05:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'9

Default My fat clothes are getting loose!

Stupid me, I ordered xl shirts that I got in the mail yesterday, to go bike riding with on my new bike. I swore I'd go on a no more buying clothes diet until I lost another 10 lbs as even my fat clothes - the 3/4 sleeve stretch shirts that I've been wearing with my extra weight are getting looser. And the new shirts are really large.

I'll mail them back and will reorder, getting size large (instead of xl) as the bike shirts really hang way too loose, especially in the bust. I never took my measurements before weight loss but I should have because I gained most of the weight in my upper half.

Isn't it a great feeling when you don't need "fat shirts" anymore. There's some ad I see in magazines - where someone goes from heavy sweatshirts, to 3/4 sleeve stretch shirts to tank tops through dieting - I can't remember who's doing this ad - but that's ME.

Soon it won't be stretch shirts, it'll be TANK TOPS!!! Too late for summer but for early fall and perhaps a trip to Mexico this winter - my dream reward trip if I get down to 150 or below and can fit into a bikini again. I haven't worn one in years but why not go for it???
horsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 06:13 PM   #2  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 216/116/125 100 Lbs Lost!

Height: 5' 1" Tall

If I were you I'd switch to medium. Way to GO!
Libby1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 07:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'9

I USED to be a medium... think I could get to that? Maybe I don't need cool biking clothes now anyways. I dont' know what is with me and clothes, I used to have three closets full of them, got it down to one. Trying not to buy more, always was buying designer on top of it, costs too much with weight fluxuations. Really wouldn't my normal workout clothes work for bike rides. At xl I'm not cool anyways let's face it?
horsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 08:09 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

Isn't that an awesome feeling!?!? I was looking for a pair of dress pants to take over and keep at my boyfriends house for work on those occassions i can stay over during the work week. But i didn't want it to be a pair of my best ones that i like to wear all the time. As i was pulling old pants out of the closet, everything kept falling off of me. I just couldn't believe how BIG my size 16 pants really were!!! It was such a great feeling to have to get rid of all of those old pants. I have really gotta go thru my closet this weekend and just get rid of that stuff!!!

Way to go. I say order a medium shirt too. Go for it!! Keep up the great work!!!
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote