Old 07-27-2007, 04:13 PM   #1  

Default Working out is not working out

Okay, so for the past few days, I have been trying out different work-out videos. Some work, some don't...good thing the library is there for the testing phase. The problem I am having is after the workouts. For the past couple days, I have felt really nauseous right after I am done. Yesterday it was to the point where I had to actually lay down for about an hour because I really thought I was going to throw up. And today, I am feeling the same way. I feel really, really sick to my stomach. What's going on?!
WinterStarzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 04:19 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Do you eat anything before you exercise? Not immediately before but 30-60 minutes prior?

I get the same way, my blood sugar drops if I haven't eaten and I get nauseous.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 04:22 PM   #3  
kaw

S/C/G: 159-ish/145/140-ish

Height: 5' 8.75"

In my completely unprofessional opinion, it sounds like you are overdoing it. Try an easier video until your body gets more accustomed to the change. Make sure you drink plenty of water, too: try drinking some about an hour before (not immediately before) and also after your workout. Also, some people swear by room-temperature water instead of cold water to ease the nausea problem.

BUT it also sounds to me like something about which you should talk to your doctor or nurse practitioner. If it's a blood sugar or blood pressure issue, it's not to be taken lightly.
kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 04:48 PM   #4  

X

Last edited by elmuyloco5; 03-26-2008 at 02:16 PM.
elmuyloco5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 04:58 PM   #5  
hara hachi bu

I haven't read the article that Katrina posted, but I recall getting an upset stomach when I went into anaerobic state - when I got my heart rate up higher than it needed to be for burning fat or cardio work. This might be oversimplification, but that's what it was for me.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 05:12 PM   #6  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hey, Toni. Have you been working out for a while or is working out something new? When I havent worked out for a while, I get extremely nauseous for the first 2-3 days.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 05:33 PM   #7  

X

Last edited by elmuyloco5; 03-26-2008 at 02:15 PM.
elmuyloco5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 05:34 PM   #8  

I have been walking for a month, every day...just got bored with it...so the videos are a new thing, but the idea of my body getting a work out is not. I am thinking maybe I am not getting enough calories in the beginning of the day, before the workout. Yesterday I had had about 500 calories for lunch and worked out about 4 hours later....and today I had only had a yogurt for breakfast before working out about 2 hours later. Maybe make sense?
WinterStarzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 05:44 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

My doc told me it was unhealth for anyone to maintain less then 1600 per day.

An I know when I work out I burn around 600 cals during the work out and your body will also burn and increased amount of cals for the following 8hrs.
Outland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 05:53 PM   #10  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

John, I wonder if your doctor was intending his advice toward men rather than women? Also, sadly, as we get smaller, we burn far fewer calories during physical activity than when we're heavy. That's why I'm cherishing this time for exercise!!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 01:39 PM   #11  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Well, that nausea needs to stop! Bummmmer!

Here are some ideas:
  1. Increase your water intake during the exercise program. I tend to dehydrate and get nauseous. Try a Propel fitness drink (it's much lower calories that gatorade) if water tends to make you nauseous.
  2. Try upping the calories in your breakfast and decreasing them in other meals.
  3. Try eating something light right after your workout - like yogurt or fruit.

I would try #1 first because I see this all the time in classes. The good thing with videos is that you can pause - drink some water and then keep going.
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote