South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 07:43 AM   #1  
Tara

S/C/G: 178/172/140

Height: 5'5

Red face It's Me Again.....the Wagon Jumper!

Hello girls, my name is Tara. Not sure if anyone remembers me or not. I've been a member since April of 2005. I did great starting out on SB and was really gung ho to lose the weight and live healthier. I've kinda flip flopped around going back and forth between dieting & excercising. For the longest time I've been trying to watch how many calories I take in and have tried to be more active with walking and going to Curves. I've done really good since starting curves this April. I've lost inches and body fat. I'll have to post the #'s later. I guess what I'm trying to say is I've felt like a failure with this plan the last few times I've done it because I always end up cheating and that does me in.....til next time! I know you have to be prepared and organized to do SB.....making a list, getting the groceries, cooking ahead, etc. I guess I've taken the easy way out by giving up in the past but this site is soooo helpful as far as the support and being held accountable that it keeps me coming back! Also, I remember the first time I did SB, all my family, friends, even strangers were coming up to me asking me what I had done because I looked so good and lost so much weight! I want to feel that good again! Maybe buddyin' up would be a good idea? HELP! Sorry for the drama novel...lol!
Old 07-26-2007, 07:52 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Back, Tara! I remember you!
Old 07-26-2007, 07:53 AM   #3  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Hi Tara! Life changes are never easy, no matter what they are. Commit yourself to a long-term success, and the little speed bumps along the way won't stop you.

Kara
Old 07-26-2007, 07:59 AM   #4  
Tara

thanks tomandkara! I have committed myself to a year membership at Curves so I guess that's a good start. I've been trying to eat healthier and smaller portions too. Usually for breakfast I have ww toast with sugar free jam and a piece of fruit with a cup of skim milk. For snacks I eat light & fit yogurt with fresh berries and granola. I've been trying to stick to the "good carbs". I'm thinking in order to get jump started again and back on track that I need to do ph 1. I feel so much better after I do.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:06 AM   #5  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

The portions is what always gets me, too! I can eat tons and tons of good-for-you food, but what it comes down to is calories in vs. calories out!

Phase 1 not only put me in a good frame of mind and gave me a good "excuse" to get some order in my diet, but it helped me kick those sugar cravings to the curb, which makes making good food choices a whole lot easier for me.

Good for you for joining Curves! My mom goes and she loves it. I'm lucky to be able to use the gym on base, and I can run outside as well (but it's SO humid here that it's harder to get in outdoor exercise right now). Get yourself in a routine with exercise. Maybe go once a week for a couple weeks and then up it to twice and then three times, over the course of a month and a half or two months. I've found that when I make changes slowly I'm more likely to keep up with them instead of feeling overwhelmed by adding too much in at the same time and then getting frustrated and dropping it all.

Good luck!

Kara
Old 07-26-2007, 02:03 PM   #6  
Tara

Thank you all for your support! Now, I've just got to go grocery shopping! I don't think I have enough SB friendly foods on hand! Have a great day ladies!
Closed Thread