Old 07-26-2007, 05:25 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default 30 Something's Daily Chat Thursday 7/26

Good Morning--Really late today so a real quickie!!!
Lauren--It is my sister's sons baby--looks just like him too...(my great niece)

Happy--Thinking of you...take care---
Big John--Thanks for a great story--It really hits home when U have that "special child" in the household

Lauren--glad mom is better--what was the second surgery?

Good Morning all--will post later today
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 06:47 AM   #2  
EGR

S/C/G: 190/see ticker/140

Goodmorning! Have a nice day!
EGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 07:27 AM   #3  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

Height: 5'4"

OMG, OMG, OMG!!! I AM DOWN 9.5 POUNDS EVERYONE!!! I honestly did not think, 6 months ago...that I would ever be this close to 10 down! I might actually have the strength to continue this plan of action until I hit 115!!! Then I would only have to drop 7-10 pounds in severe diet down next April before the show! But...the trick will be maintaining this weight loss for 5 months before the show.....

Have a great day all. I'll try to catch up yet tomorrow before I leave on vacation....just crazy busy here. Lauren dahling: Nope, I was never in the courtroom, so I won't be on tv. In fact, I'm not sure if Court TV actually made it here this week...trial is still ongoing so they may very well be down there-there are a lot of crews in there!

MO
mjoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 07:38 AM   #4  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

MO, CONGRATS GIRL!!!!!!! Keep up the good work!

RR, She had her GB out and has tons of pain in her abs. Having existing bad knees and shoulders isn't helping her get around well.

Mornin' Erin!

John, Thanks for sharing your story. You have an awesome mom!

Hanna, I bawled reading about your day yesterday. I'm soo sorry. This may just be the best thing though. I hope Sean has a great group of doctors there to help him and figure things out. He must be soo frustrated himself, not understanding why he acts like that. You all are in my prayers. The drs. are right Hanna, you're soo strong, I only have a small inkling of what you're going through, and it was hard for me to deal with...you're friggin' Superwoman!!

Today I'm meeting the agent and the cesspool guy at the house at 11:30, so check for the cesspool. that they find it, because I'm gonna be PO'd if it's been filled in! (Because I will have wasted $350 finding that out!) Of course, the seller's are gonna be PO'd if there is one, because they have to pay much more to fill it in properly after they just put a pile of dirt and seeded where the "sink hole" is. Hey, this is my family's safety..

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 08:06 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

morning all...well i finally weighed myself...and its not good...not good at all. All the crap eating caught up. I'm almost back to where i started. I'm so mad at myself. But at least now i have a routine again. I have been doing mostly good this week...so i'll just try to keep it up and start from square one.

Hanna- i am so very sorry for what you are going through. I know it was probably very hard to see DS in the psych ward...but hopefully they can straighten out his meds and see if something works. I know its a hard decision, but maybe you and DH should really think about placing him into the group home you had mentioned. It might help. Especially since it seems like he is reaching the point where he may not be controllable soon...and at some point you will be too small (when he gets bigger) to really control him and he might hurt himself. I wish there was something i could do to help, just know that we are all here and have you in our prayers. I hope you got a decent sleep.
Karen- happy belated bday..sorry didn't get to computer yesterday.
mo- congrats...good job...keep up the weight loss...hopefully i can kick my motivation in gear.
job is going well...still slowly unpacking...i don't have a whole lot of energy after work however, since i don't get home until around 8, then have dinner and then usually am ready for bed by 10 or 10.30...but hopefully this weekend i'll find a lot more motivation. I'm trying to do a few boxes everynight...some is better than none. Oh yeah karen...i'm going to check out the local farmer's market this weekend.
Bye all..have a beautiful day.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 08:16 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

morining all!!

RR have a good day!

Mo great job on the loss!

LBH- thats great about your mom and the interview. I hope all goes well with the cesspool check.

Hanna- Didn't mean to make you cry. Tho I did after I read about your day. You all are in my prayers I know the hosptial is going to stress you more but it sounds like its for the best and it may give you a break as well.

I know I missed some but got to get ready for work. I do have a wonderful mom she complained to me last year that she had no recent photos of me for her desk at work. So at chrismas I went to the mall and had my photo taken with santa. He made me sit on his knee! I asked him if he was sure I told him that I weight 350 and he said it was the only way to get the picture. I had to copies made one for my mom and one for my grandmother.

I got out of bed at 730am!! I've been trying to get up early all week but my body hasn't been working with me on that. I want to be up at 7am so this is a step in the right direction.
Outland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 09:21 AM   #7  
Changing My Lifestyle

S/C/G: 230/180/140

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone!

MO - Awesome job on the loss, keep it up and you'll be at or past goal in no time.

Hanna - I sure hope things work out with your boy. And I totally agree with Lauren, you're Superwoman! We're all here for you and you're in my prayers.

Gatorgal - You'll get back on track. I think that it's inevitable that everyone falls off the wagon now and again. It's harder to swallow (pardon the pun) when you're in the weight loss mode than when you're at goal and put on a couple pounds. You'll work it out, just remember that nobody is perfect.

John - Thanks for sharing your story. Your mom sounds like an amazing woman. I think many moms fall into that category, including many of the women on this forum.

Good morning RR & EGR! Everyone have a great OP day and keep up the incredible work you're all doing to have healthy bodies and minds!

Cheers, Tamara
tleef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 09:33 AM   #8  

Good Morning All!

Tamara: Welcome Back...sounds Like You Had A Great Time...and Christmas In July!

Hanna: I Am Ready For The Party...it Is Trucks!...we Got All The Tonka Party Stuff...mario Likes To Look At The "workers" Highway Construction Workers, And The Street Workers Whenever We Pass Them...and To Big Marios Baseball He Always Brings His Tonka Trucks So That He Can Play With Them In The Dirt (im Sure The Grounds People Love It)...so Thats What We Did..cant Believe He Will Be 3! On Aug 3rd And Dominic Will Be 16! On Aug 1st...for Dominics Bday I Can Only Bring Him Books And Educational Materials..so This Weekend I Am Planning On Spending Hours At Borders Till I Find The "right" Book..then After Aug 5 I Can Bring Him Some Clothes, So He Will Get Some New Clothes Then...i Hope Ds Has A Better Day Today...take Care Im Thinking Of You All

Mo: Yeah!!! Your Just Dropping That Weight...congrats...looks Like Those New Meds Are Just What You Needed!

Gg: Have Fun At The Farmers Market...maybe Theyll Have Some Great Fruit And Veggies..and Maybe Soemthing Fun...i Am Going To One Tonight Cause My Mom Is Coming Today (yeah!) And She Wants To Go Cause The Theme Is "jewelry"...they Always Have A Theme So Vendors That Sell Stuff Thats Not Food Can Rotate In And Out...anyways...have Fun

Lauren: This Is Going To Sound So Dumb But What Is A Cesspool?..i Have No Idea...you Know...i Used To Think Having My Gallbladder Out Was The Worst Decision Ever..i Had Mine Out 3 Years Ago...and Right After I Was Still Having Problems...have Since Had 3 Procedures To Dilate My Bile Duct..cant Have Anymore Cause It Can Cause Pancreatitis..so I Am Stuck When I Have This Horrible Pain...its Worse Than The Gallbladder Pain..i Hope She Gets Better Soon!

Erin: Good Morning...i Have To Tell You I Love Your Avitar...i Dont Know If It Was One From 3fc Or Not But Its Adorable

John: Youre A Great Guy!...i Hope My Sons Are As Caring And Thoughtful When They Get Older As You Are

Ok All...i Am Done Writing My Book...i Could Keep Writing However I Need To Go Get Ready For Work And Pick Up A Few Things Around The House So Its Nice And Tidy When My Mom Gets Here...have A Great Day All!
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 09:39 AM   #9  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Hanna:
Hey there hon - I figured I had to respond since you were looking for me.

I'm not in good shape and where I wavered after my "scale event" last week and then totally imploded over the weekend.

Work Stress has been unbelievable. I think I've moved from being demotivated and frustrated into despair. It all came to a head yesterday and I mentally crashed, but I'm feeling better today after an email to my Team Lead (I don't expect things to change; just getting it off my chest) and some sleep.

Unfortunately, I believe my work stress is directly related to how well I can adhere to anything after hours. A co-worker told me to "just try harder" and my response was that I use all my "trying" energy at work and I'm exhausted by the time I get home.

Probably just an excuse, but I just have no motivation to do stuff or confidence to try something.

Sucks.

:Lawrence
RXZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 10:16 AM   #10  
EGR

S/C/G: 190/see ticker/140

Thanks Christina! It's actually just a cute picture I found out in cyberland!!
EGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 10:53 AM   #11  
KAR

Morning everyone,
RR thanks for starting the thread every day! Hope you weren't too late this morning.
Hanna sorry to hear about your day yesterday. It might seem like a hard thing to do about Sean, but you are helping him in the long run. You are truly a Superwoman. If there is anything I can do, please let me know. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Hope today is a little better for.
John that was very nice of you to get your picture taken for your mom. I just hope that my stepsons' are thoughtful like you when they grow up. Sounds like you are getting closer and closer to getting up at 7 a.m.
MO congrats on the weight loss! Keep it up girl and you will get there. Sorry to hear that work has been so crazy. Where are you going on vacation?
Tamara, sounds like you really enjoyed your sister's wedding and shopping trip. Hope you are having an easy time getting back on track.
GG glad you are slowly getting settled in your new house! Sounds like you have a great plan on getting your house unpacked. Hope you are all settled in soon.
Christina sounds like you are already for your little guy's party. Enjoy the time with your mom this weekend.
Rooster sorry to hear that you are having a hard time right now getting motivated. Atleast you are coming here for the support. Hope things start looking up for you!
Hi Erin.
Lauren hope things work out today with your realtor and cesspool. Hope they can find the answers you are looking for. Good luck with your second interview. I will keep my fingers crossed for you. Hope your mom is feeling better today.
Well I need to think about getting a workout in. So I better close for now. Chat with you all later.
Take care,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 11:49 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Mornin' All ~

I've been MIA for a the last few days... lots of running around fitting in doctor and dentist appts. before school starts. DS is starting with a new occupational therapist and we've upped some of his meds. I always get a little nervous about that but I'm grateful that he has such a fine doctor that I trust.

Still getting in my daily exercise so I feel really, really good about that. Eating has been "ok." I could kick myself when I go out for a really long walk each night (I'm conquering the "evil hill" on a daily basis now) then come in and share a bottle of wine with DH. We don't do that every night but still. I work so hard on that darn hill and then come in have some wine (and cheese of course!).

This morning I read everyone's posts from the past few days and I started crying.... Hanna *huge* hug to you... Big John *huge* hug to you... Michelle, Christina... all of you are so honest and so brave.

I took the kids to the mall on a rainy afternoon last week to eat lunch in the food court and see a movie. While we were there a little boy was having a major meltdown. Hanna, I thought of you as the mother was petite and she was down on the floor lying on top of her son trying to restrain him. My DS was happily eating his pizza and had just set it down on his plate when the other little boy ran over all of a sudden, grabbed the pizza off of Liam's plate and stuck it in his mouth. My heart went out to that mother and I immediately thought of you. This little boy was maybe 7 or so but was already stronger than his mother. I will continue to pray for you and your family. I can't imagine how hard this is but at least you know that Sean ~ and you ~ are safe. God bless...

MO ~ excellent weight loss Girlfriend!!!! Finally you are seeing some results!

GG ~ Just do it. I know that you can.

Hugs everyone ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 12:10 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 188/188/120

Height: 5'3

good afternoon sounds like some need hugs today will just give everyone some love today. i know for me when it rains it sure feels like it pours. well of to workout i have been in slow mood all morning. has been just rainy and yucky here one of those day when a nap would be great!!!! but the scale moved down some more don't wanna stop it now that it is moving again

have a great afternoon
adah
milleradah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 01:10 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

Good morning everyone~
You are all the BEST!!!
I appreciate all the kind words.
I am not doing OK, I don't know how the day is going to be, I am a mess. I called my therapist and I am going to see her tomorrow at 8 am, she didn't have anything sooner unfortunatly.
Lauren good luck with the interview and all the stuff w/the house!

GG I love the Farmes Market, if anything just to walk around and see things not necessarly buy. The produce is usally the best, very fresh and delicious!!! enjoy it!!

Rooster I am so glad to see you! sorry to hear how tuff it is, hang in there, we are here to don't be a stranger!

John you do have a great mom! tell her you love her, often, that is something we wemen love to heaar! it makes our day! I bet the photo was very funny and she loved it! thanks again for sharing your story

Christina I hope you have the best time with your mom, and the birthday party sounds like alot of fun!

Melinda congratulations on the big loss! that is great!!!

Joan yes that little boy you saw sounds a lot like what we deal with constantly. thank you for thinking of me!

RR have a goo day! how are things going with DH?

this is going to sound weird but if any one would like to call me PM me, I say that because I like to talk on the phone and hear the people more than just read people, LOL.

Thanks for all your support and wonderful words this is really a difficult time for me.
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 01:45 PM   #15  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

ok let me get started
MO congrats on the loss
Lauren good luck with the house
John i read your story it was great
HANNA omg i know what you mean george had to be taken to the phyc ward MORE the once it's the hardest thing in the world

Adah joan egr rx christina tamara
ok well me im still swimming everyday mondays and weds are my crazy days because of angelica's cheer practice OH and let me tell you i was feeling good this morning pulled out a skirt this morning ( i never wear skirts i hate my legs ) anyways feeling great untill i get to the office and my co-worker is wearing this slinky little dress makes me look like a fat cow i swear i have issues anyways i called home and told angelica and she said oh mom no one thinks tweekers are pretty oh i almost died laughing because my co worker REALLY looks like a tweeker LOL
take cae i'll check in later
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote