Old 07-25-2007, 03:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 177/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Default Does anyone own a rottie?

I didn't read through all the threads but I was just wondering if anyone owns a rottie.

We adopted our dog about a year a go from the ASPCA. He is helping me in my weight loss journey. We do lots of hiking. He is such a big baby and not mean at all.
rosemarie0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 04:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

My cousin had two rotties that were the biggest, sweetest babies I've ever seen. The only problem is that she didn't train them not to "attack" people with affection. I remember stopping by my aunt's house on my way to a job interview and one of my cousins dog was visiting, and it took all my strength to keep the dog on the floor and "only" slobbering and licking my hands and arms. But she was virtually trembling with joy to see me, it was hard to get mad at her.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 02:43 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 198/165/143

Height: 5"8.5

My boyfriend and I have a rottie and he is the most gentle bear I've ever known! He is very expressive and loving. He picked us out at a store and we knew right away he was the one! I get really bothered by the image rotties have of being evil and vicious, they look intimidating, and are protective of their families, but most dogs are protective! I think they're popular in movies (particularly horror movies) because they're black and sleek and scary looking, but very intelligent. I truly believe that in most cases dogs are a reflection of the people who raised them. Our Sabbath is such a gift, he makes us very happy, and I'm honoured whenever he's excited to see me! I should point out that these photos are from when he was still pretty much a puppy, and he's a hulk of a dog now! Still trying to find a more recent pic to show you!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 175655.jpg (63.2 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 175758.jpg (61.1 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by Diana the Hun; 07-31-2007 at 02:53 AM.
Diana the Hun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 10:04 AM   #4  
Failure Is Not An Option

S/C/G: 250/145/138

Height: 5ft6

We have a 3 month old rottie named Sierra. Instead of being a hulk, though, she's very coltish. Long legs. Sweet girl, though. Thinking she just hasn't filled out yet.
thinnythighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 10:38 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 235/206/145

The owner of the facility I work for has two Rotties. In addition to them we usually have a foster Rottie kicking around the training center. I love the breed. If it wasn't for the shedding I'd have one (boy do I hate dog hair!).

My Alapaha LOVES Rotties and goes nuts when she sees them
CygnetC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 11:06 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/170/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinnythighs View Post
We have a 3 month old rottie named Sierra. Instead of being a hulk, though, she's very coltish. Long legs. Sweet girl, though. Thinking she just hasn't filled out yet.
Awwww! My Rottie is 9 months now, they are soo cute at 3 months, trust me she just hasn't filled out yet. My baby is 95 pounds now and still hasn't filled out! He's really gotten tall, but not yet into his paws. Vet thinks he'll be close to 120 lbs. He IS the best dog. So loving and protective of me. He's also full of bursts of energy and loves to talk back.

Here's a couple of pics at about 6-7 months old. I couldn't bring myself to clip his tail, he still had it when we got him at 2 months old.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rico web size.jpg (83.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Rico web size Crazy.jpg (87.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Rico web size Devil.jpg (34.7 KB, 5 views)
ricosunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 05:34 AM   #7  
Lose Weight in 2008!

Height: 5' 3"

Sorry, I'm a Yorkie owner here!
BabyNicole is offline   Reply With Quote