Old 07-23-2007, 10:39 AM   #1  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Smile Accountability/Planning/Menus July 23-29

This thread is your opportunity to become accountable and to share your plans for staying on-plan. Please feel free to join in.

Looks like I made it through sugar withdrawal. Wow, that was rough! But its all good.....the result was a 6 pound loss for the week.

This week, I'm continuing with Southbeach, but I'm adding a twist. Yes, I am caving in and joining the calorie counting brigade. I'd really like a consistent weight loss and combining my plan with tracking my calories might help. It has been quite an eye-opener...its only 10:30 and I've already consumed a little over 500 calories. I still have to decide what beginning number to aim for....I think it should be anywhere from 1500 to 1800. Today, I'll read back through some of the threads and try to decide.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 11:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

Rhonda, I also started with SB and then started calorie counting. It's worked great for me.

I love the principles of South Beach but never really felt like there was enough structure. It's a very healthy way to eat and my choices now are still within the SB guidelines but I need to lose weight. At its most basic, that means fewer calories in than what I'm expending. Without the calorie counting I never felt like I knew how I was doing; whether to expect a loss or not.

Obviously everybody is different but I'm between 1200 and 1400 calories a day. I eat so much lean protein and vegetables that more calories than that and I feel like I'm having to eat constantly. That need to eat all the time is one of the things I'm working on so the lower calorie count helps to break the habit.

Let's all have a great week.
Robin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 11:19 AM   #3  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Morning all, I wasn't as accountable as I should have been this weekend, I didn't do to bad, but could have done much better,so I need to be here and write my plan down. So far I have had about 4 ounces of grape fruit juice( bottle almost empty), Kashi go lean crunch cereal with milk and extra small banana( 320 calories for all) and I just had a Kashi TLC bar for 120. For lunch I am going to have 2 veggie burgers with hummus and some tomatoes, and any snacks will be fruit, until dinner which will be a sweet potato with something. I am shooting to stay around 1500 calories today , should be doing ok with this. cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 12:19 PM   #4  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

So far so good today! I have a healthy dinner planned (yea!)...even better--it is leftovers from yesterday, so all I have to do it heat it up! I am going to do my best to leave work on time today, probably won't happen, though. Trying to get ready for vacation and there is ALWAYS something new cropping up!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 02:15 PM   #5  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Hi all!

Yesterday was great foodwise, but I didn't walk. This is pretty bad. I was doing so well walking everyday, no excuses, and since I got back from vacation I haven't walked and I have all sorts of excuses. No more!!! Today I must. As for the doing something nice for myself, I read a bit, but I don't feel like I deserve that part of my plan much if I'm not exercising!

Rhonda, I think you are going to learn so much with counting calories. In no time, it'll just be second nature and you'll do it without thinking about it -- sometimes whether you want to or not!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 03:38 PM   #6  
mj5

CC--Unfortunately, I have fallen into that too...I do really well with working out/walking and then I miss a couple days and whamo...then it is a struggle getting back into it!

I have done awesome so far w/ making healthy food choices. Unfortunately, I do not think I am going to get to the gym. Today has been SO hectic (not an excuse!) and I have a sick dog...she will be fine, but I was worried about her all weekend and my hubbie was able to take her to the vet this am and I just want to go home and take care of her. We don't have kids yet, and I TOTALLY spoil my two dogs. That doesnt count as an excuse either, but today is also the first day of TOM--so I have zero energy and feel icky. Ooh work calls, gotta run!
Old 07-23-2007, 05:00 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 307/250

Height: 5'5"

I am mid-week on my second week- so far I have lost 8 pounds. I am not as strict as I should be, but I am cutting out all sugar and I feel much better. I also limit carbs to low index as much as possible. I am having trouble making myself exercise--I don't like to exercise alone.
AuntChuChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 05:37 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Hey Gals,
Sorry I'm so late today...today was another lunch meeting...I'm sticking with my same sandwich with each restaurant I hit...grilled chicken sandwich...hold the mayo. I like it, it's not to bad so I'm ok with that. The twist is....whenever I do lunch with Hard Rock they insist on desert. There were 4 of us and we shared 2 deserts....(my thin young male assistant who drinks slim fast every day has a hankering for deserts so there wasn't a choice about ordering a selection) So.. anyway there was a brownie sunday that was about the size of my head and an apple crisp similar in size. I had a little nibble of each and nothing else....probably not even equal to a full serving total so that was good...It felt good to just have a taste, enjoy it, and move on without eating a pound of ice cream.

I was running late this morning so I totally did a bagel on the run...I'm not gonna freak out as long as it's only one day. We all have those days, and today has been one of those days where I've just felt behind the 8ball since I got up...I think it's cause I leave for my vacation on Wednesday and I can't wait to get out of here....

alright it's time to go home. woot. not the greatest day for food, but not the worst.
NESunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 06:20 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

Hi all
Did good at lunch went to an Italian restaurant and only had a creaser chicken wrap unsweetened Ice tea and fried zucchini but I broke them out of their breading before eating them.

Went to Wal-Mart I shouldn't have been left alone in there. 180.00 later I come out went for an oil change and some grocery got all that plus a George foreman gill some clothes and another pair of shoes.

Then I went to the grocery store spent another 100 there. I bought all kinds of veggies and lean meat I even bought an eggplant. I don't even know how to cook an eggplant! I should be good for 2 weeks or so tho. I did go off plan a Lil and I bought a box of those Oreo thin crisps and a 1/2 gal of Light chocolate soy-milk.

helloKitty- I eat the same thing as you do for breakfast I changed out milk for Light Valina soy-milk if you wanted to knock off a few more cal and put zing to the cereal lol.
Outland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 08:02 PM   #10  
mj5

outland--I had to laugh about your trip to walmart! Even when I go there w/ a specific list, if I get a cart, I end up spending SO much $ on stuff that I 'need'. I love our George Forman grill, we use it all the time!

I am doing ok tonight....unfortunately I remembered we had a few squares of dark chocolate in the refrig....NOT a good thing to have around during TOM. At least it was dark chocolate.

The good news is that so far the scale has not moved. Normally I would not be happy by this, but usually during TOM I gain at least 5lbs in water retention. Obviously, can't count it as a loss yet....but give me a few more days and we'll see!

I have already my made my lunch and put my gym bag in the car, so I am good to go for tomorrow!

My dog is feeling better (yea!) so I will NOT use that as an excuse tomorrow!!!!

Alright, I have rambled on and on....long enough! Have a great night!
Old 07-23-2007, 11:05 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

I don't know who I am anymore. I'm about to cry. I had lemon pepper chicken with red peppers some coby cheese as a wheat wrap. With grilled zucchini and some steam mixed veggies. Afterwards I was cleaning up and I need to put stuff away and I had filled the frig (thanks wal-mart!) So I..I.. I threw away biscuits in a can 3 of them and a container of chocolate icing and then this is what gets me 2 weeks ago I got a 8x8 pan of triple chocolate brownies the kind that make your mouth water. Normally I finish this in 3 days or less but cause of here and what I been doin I just hadn't eaten them just a few nibbles but I kept moving them around and around and tonight I threw them out!! OMG theses are my comfort food my destress of the day so I don't hurt the idoits at work. An I've never been happier with myself to the point of crying.

Yes I weird and a dork but I wanted to share.
Outland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 11:17 PM   #12  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

CONGRATULATIONS, John!!! Nothing feels better than showing you've got more power than the food does. Secondary congrats on having that stuff in the house and not eating it. I'm not that strong... And you're not a dork. Every little change in our habits for the better is worth celebrating, and yes, sometimes a few happy tears.

CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 03:40 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 124kg(272)/94kg(209)/70kg(154

Hi everyone,

We're going to be out of town for 3 days over the weekend so I'm trying to get myself ready mentally. Will be eating at restaurants and with friends/family for most meals.

My plan is to have fruit and water on hand at all times. At restaurants, to skip the appetizers and deserts, order a reasonable main and perhaps an extra veg of some sort. The hardest meal will be the Saturday night one - a pub buffet for a 21st birthday.
KrisR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 08:47 AM   #14  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey John, good job! Oh, and we're ALL dorks so you're in good company!

I've been doing good with food, not so good with exercise. Hot and somewhat humid here and I'm such a baby when it is like that.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 09:45 AM   #15  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Everyone! I love seeing so many of us jumping on the accountability train.

This week, I've decided to put all of the knowledge...much of which I've gleaned from my friends here at 3FC....to the test. I've put a lot of this in my blog, so I wont bore everyone with repetition. However, I do have to say that counting calories has been a real eye-opener. Can you believe that just one slice of my German Whole Wheat bread is 100 calories??!! and...if I spread it with 1 tablespoon of my Smart Balance, that's another 80 calories??!! Wow. No wonder my weight loss always stalls. Yesterday morning, I thought 1700 calories for the day was a lot.....I was amazed at how quickly I reached my limit for the day. I always lose the initial weight from removing the sugar and white starches from my diet, however, the loss is never consistent and is very slow in the following weeks. I'm really looking forward to seeing the result of combining my Southbeach plan with calorie counting. I'm envisioning great losses!

Today, I will concentrate on drinking more water.....goal is 64 ounces...and I will walk on the treadmill for one hour.

Hope you're having a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote