Old 07-20-2007, 05:28 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default Daily Chat Thread Friday July 20!!! TGIF

Good Morning!!! Just a little quickie before work!!

Lauren--Hope mom is better this morning..Take care!!!

Hanna-THere are some natural sleep aides at the Health Food Store--I use just a benadryl 25mg(same ingrediant in Tylenol PM--just cheaper to make your own) and it makes me sleep all night..I only have problems when I am very tired....
Ok--SOrry for the short post but off to work!!!(I am singing the 7 dwarves song in my head from SNowWhite--Hi ho, hi ho it's off to work I go)Must be the coffee!!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 07:20 AM   #2  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

Height: 5'4"

Mornin' Again, RR! Quick hit for me too. I've got to meet the Consumer's Energy guy @ home today... Had to make ya'll think for just a minute there! LOL My dryer is emitting this bizarre sweet musty smell when running-not inside the dryer-but all through the kitchen & utility rooms. BLECH! So, since I pay each month for my appliance protection program through the electric/gas company, they come out and fix it (if they can) w/o charge! I hope it's nothing major...

Kerri/Lisa: Hey sweetpeas! Thanks for the reminder. You're right...I am pretty dang lucky, although living paycheck to paycheck...at least I'm not having to do the multiple job thang to pay bills right now. There were several years where I did work 7 days a week-3 jobs just to get by and it still wasn't enough. So in reality, it's not so bad!

Big John/Kerry: That's a shake shake shake, shake shake shake, shake your nana, shake your nana.... WELCOME to you! Big John-LOVE the pic. Sorry, behind on reading the posts so I'm sure you already told us...did you win that car? Friggin' awesome. You two are in the right place. 30 Somethings ROCKS the house! Mainly, the moderators here are THE BEST IN THE WORLD!. True dat!

Rooobie Doobie Doo, Where are you? ...You're not foolin' me, 'cause I can see the way ya shake and shiver... sorry, don't remember much more of the Scoobie song this morning.

Guess WHAT? You wonderful 30 Somethings that I LOVE with all my heart!!!!! I have hit the 7 pound down mark! RR....watch out baby 'cause here I come! Woo Hoo! BTW, no Mt. Dew in a loooooong time now!

Karen K: Where are you muffin???

Sheila: You and I really have to get together someday for a long lunch! You are such a strong chickie! You're like the female Terminator and I love ya!

Nanners & GGkins: Thinking of you ladies and sayin' some words to the big guy in the sky for ya! GGer, did you ever get a chance to post pics of the new haircut?

Christina/Lauren/Ken/Michelle/Alicia/Vicki: Hello myspacers! If you go to my page and look @ the guy Steven, he's the one I've been chatting with-that I am hoping to meet up with someday yet this summer. I'm a sucker for that smile. Sean that is also on there is the guy I screwed up with like 3 years ago and will be doing lunch with in a couple weeks.

Joan!!!!

Michelle B.: I'm dyin' here w/o ya girl!!!! I miss you! Come back soon please! Same for you Clover & Kirsten!

Lisa: What is up with this Summer weather? It's like 40 degrees in the mornings here in Kazoo-I'm assuming close to that for you? Geez! It's July!!! When the heck is global warming gonna hit the State of Michigan??? Yowza!

Ok all, off to check in peeps and then run home to meet Mr. Energy...

Later, "Cool-MO-dee"

Last edited by mjoste; 07-20-2007 at 07:25 AM.
mjoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 08:09 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Mornin' Gals (and Dudes),

Welcome all Newbies!!! Great to have you join us!

Hanna ~ We use melatonin on my son. It's all natural and works like a charm for him. I've tried it and it doesn't do anything for me. His doctor suggested it so DH went out and bought a 500 mg. bottle. We gave him one and within minutes this kid is saying, "Man, I'm tired." Those were words that we'd never heard out of his mouth before! The next day I'm researching the stuff online and it says that the average adult should take a 3 mg. dosage. We'd given him 500mg!! Thankfully, it couldn't hurt him, just would tend to make a person more drowsy thru out the day. Try it and let us know if it works for you.

RR ~ I need some of your energy!! Send it to me please, I'll pay for postage!!

MO ~ 7 lbs. Excellent!!! So glad that you're finally seeing results.

This weekend we're setting up a mini gym in the basement so that I can get my arse in gear in the a.m. I'm still taking my evening walk but really do need to do something earlier in the day.

Happy Friday all ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 08:39 AM   #4  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin'!

Joan, How cool to be setting up a mini-gym!

MO, I see someone's all pumped up this AM!! I wish I had your energy!

RR, Thanks...we know what I'll be singing all day!

Big John,

Off to read more...
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 08:43 AM   #5  
LBH

Christina, No offense here, I don't watch BB.

Lisa, I see now why he's your "ex" DH!

Hanna, Glad you got some beach time! Sorry, I'm laughing at your comment to Ken! You know what though, until I saw his pic, I really didn't know if he was a he or she, because he didn't specify or say anything to lead us in either direction! And it wouldn't have been very polite to just come out and ask.

OK, I'm off....
Old 07-20-2007, 08:47 AM   #6  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Hey All

It is TGIFthank goodness!!

Mo: One of these days we will have a long lunch can't wait. Yes I have been called something similar to the terminator and take it as a HUGE compliment because in years past I was never that way. Have to be strong to live with such a moody ----bleep bleep. haha

Hannah: I have heard of the melatonin, some friends say it works well. I used to give my kids a nice warm bath with a bit of real lavendar oil wow it works but it has to be from a health food store the real stuff. Things are there thank you for thinking of me. I don't get any kisses no affection what so ever since July 2nd. He however is being nice to me but ya I am on guard I would love to shove some big honkin something up somewhere you know give him something to really ponder about.

Have a great day everyone.
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 09:18 AM   #7  
KAR

Morning Everyone,
This seems to be a very lively bunch. So I am glad that I found you all. Because right now in my life that is what I need. A fun-loving bunch of support people. Since I don't think I will get it from home only from my side of the family which live 4 hours from me and my stepdaughter who also needs to lose weight.
Mo let me say that your post had me laughing . You are so full of energy! Please send some of it my way. Hope you enjoy your time with Mr. Energy and he can fix your dryer.
Lauren hope your mom finds some answers today about why she keeps getting sick. Have a great day!
Joan how cool is that to get a mini gym at home. We use to have an excerise bike, weight machine, and ab lounger at our old house. Which was nice because I would work out in the mornings before getting ready to teach my Special Needs students for the day. Especially when I got so attached to them that I needed to have a stress breaker before going in to face some of the things these kids had to go through at home and school. Let's just say sad. But then we sold that house and moved to a small rental place so bye bye to all the mini gym stuff. Now it is just me, the tv, workout videos and the living room floor. But that is okay. Plus I do go for walks outside when it is not bloody hot out or raining. So what are you putting in your mini gym?
RR enjoy your day at work. You will have me singing that song all day long now. My kids at school will laugh out me when I start singing the last song I heard on the radio before turning off my van in the school parking lot. So I can relate with you.
Well hi to everyone else. Hope you all have a wonderful Friday. I am off to do my walking video. Then it is get ready for the day and go do errands. My first errand of the day is an appointment at 11 A.M. So I better get my big butt in gear.
Later,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 09:27 AM   #8  
LBH

MO SAID:
Quote:
Sheila: You and I really have to get together someday for a long lunch!
SHEILA SAID:
Quote:
Mo: One of these days we will have a long lunch can't wait.
LAUREN SAYS: How the heck are you going to do that if you live 1300 miles apart?! Yes, I had to Google it!!
Old 07-20-2007, 09:52 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 240/ST/140

Good Morning, WOW! Everyone's up and at em early around here This place is a buzz with happenings. I'm trying to tak a little break here at work and check in. Fridays are always good!
I have been on WW 10 weeks and Hubby has decided to join with me so tomorrow morning we are heading out to get him registered. I am so glad. It's great to have someone doing it with me now. He's been super supportive but it's so gret that he want's to do it too. I started out with a group of my friends but they all have quit. I am not giving UP!! I am .8 from 30 lbs.

Happy Friday to ALL!
Tiffanie
TRowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 09:54 AM   #10  
LBH

Tiffanie, that's awesome that DH is joining WW with you! Now you'll have great support together!
Old 07-20-2007, 10:24 AM   #11  
Finally Taking Care of ME

S/C/G: 283/ticker/183

Height: 5'9"

Morning All -- I am back. Vacation is over and reality has returned. It is good to be home and I am almost caught up at work. I don't think lost much while I was gone, but I didn't eat bad either. Just didn't get much excercise in. I will weigh in tonight and get focused once again.

Looks like everyone is doing well. Love the energy Mo!!

Have a fantastic day!!
Angie
LesliesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 10:24 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

Morning all !

MO The car in the pic is mine but I didn't win it. I won 2nd place in my class at chrysler nats in PA. The car is a 01 dodge neon.

As for that sweet musty smell I bet that the motor is going out on it. The motor has wire wrapped around magnets and what happens when the motor over heats or worse burn out it will give off sicking sweet smell.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!
Outland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 10:37 AM   #13  

Hey Everyone!....

Mo: Youre Great!...thats All I Can Say...you Have Such A Great Personality...i Love It

Angie: Welcome Back!....i Hope You Had A Wonderful Time...and Dont Worry Too Much If You Didnt Lose While On Vacation...vacations Are Fun...diet And Exercise Are Not!...they Dont Mix In My Opinion ; }

Tiffanie: Welcome...you Are So Lucky Dh Is Going To Do This With You...i Would Fall Over If Mine Said He Would...youre A Lucky Girl!

Hi Kerry...i Have A Question...what Walking Video Do You Use...i Want To Get A Video But I Think I Might Want A Dance One That I Can Make A Fool Out Of Myself In Front Of My Entire Family In The Living Room...but A Good Walking Video Might Be A Nice Change To My Everyday Treadmill

Hi Lauren!!!!!!!!

Shiela: Have A Wonderful Weekend...you Deserve It

Joan: A Mini Gym Sounds Great...have Fun

Big John!:...not Sure If I Already Said Welcome ...but "welcome!!!"...glad To Have You With Us

Rx: Where Are You?....hows The Walking Going This Week?? Were Here For You For Support When You Need Us

Hi To All Others: Ken/michele/tamara (hows Your Vaca)...everyone Else That I Have Missed...

Have A Great Day Today!...i Got On The Treadmill This Mornign After Not Getting On For 3 Days! (huge Upset For Me But I Needed A Mini Break)...so Im Off And Running To Loose More Weight!...have A Great One And Enjoy Your Weekend
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 10:57 AM   #14  
KEN

S/C/G: 293/188/???

Hello All....

HANNA: No need to be embarrassed.. I meet people for business all the time and I'm not opposed to meeting *friends* either.. I didn't take your proposal as a *come on*.... LOL!!! Kinda cute the way you said it though!!!

MICHELLE: I accidentally deleted you from myspace, nothing personal, I'm just not good at using it yet.. please fell free to add me again... (oooop's!!)

Hope everyone has a Great *on-plan* Friday!!!
KEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 11:13 AM   #15  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Lauren: Car, Airplane, something of that sort never know she may want to come out and meet a handsome cowboy who will ride her troubles away. Horseback that is.
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote