South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 11:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 330.5/307.5/250

Height: 5'5"

Default Fell off the wagon, running after it to get back on...

OK So I'm in week 3, 4th day and I just caved into a small individual cup of Doritos. My Daughter opened them and didn't like them. I tried one, and thank goodness the puppies came running. I actually shared the little individual serving with them, but have an incredible sense of guilt. I think this is the old school guilt built into me, but I'm not sure now what I should do. Just get over it and move on? Do Phase I again for a few days? I don't want to torture myself over it, but this dumb guilt can get the best of me. I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:02 AM   #2  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

OK, first of all, you may have leaned off the wagon, but you're still on it.

Secondly, if you really feel like you're off it, then at least you're getting in some exercise running to get back on!

A couple chips should not make you have to do Phase 1 all over again. This is a real life plan and real things happen in your life where you will once in awhile eat something off plan. You recognized that Doritos aren't the best for you nutritionally - and by the way, why are you buying them for your daughter? - and you're ready to move on.

The worst thing you can do is throw in the towel for the day or week or whatever. I read on someone's signature that eating one bad thing and then saying "To heck with it!" for the rest of the day is like tripping down one stair and then saying "To heck with it!" and throwing yourself down the rest of the flight! I thought that was so funny!

Just pick up where you left off. You should be fine!

Kara
Old 07-20-2007, 12:06 AM   #3  

Thanks Kara,

that's just what I needed to hear. The only reason I had the Dorito's in the house is because someone at work gave them to me for Hayley. Usually I'll bring her home a "fun size" treat every now and then so I don't have to buy an abundant amount but today those doritos looked so damn good. Thank goodness it wasn't a large quantity and the dogs liked their half too.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:30 AM   #4  
I See Less Every Day

"One Day At A Time No Guilt Move On"

Good Luck
Old 07-20-2007, 12:50 AM   #5  
Banishing the Belly

S/C/G: 180/ticker/150

Hang in there, Cann. You're doing fine. As long as you have more good days than bad days, you will find a new body at the end of the next weeks then months then years.

L
Old 07-20-2007, 09:26 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Cann, definitely don't guilt yourself. I have had a couple of small hiccups too, but it doesn't mean much in the long run, if you're sticking to the plan. Before SBD if I cheated on a diet or ate something I shouldn't I'd have a huge amount of guilt, decide that I had no willpower and was a bad person, destined to be fat, and then usually I'd end up in a binge situation. On SBD, I love that you just keep going, and you have the tools to look at the situation and figure out if it was something you ate that set you off, and you can see what your weaknesses are and learn to avoid them in the future. Just look on it as a learning experience and keep going. For instance, this week I learned that there cannot be ANY form of chocolate in the house when TOM's around.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:24 PM   #7  

Height: 5'7.5"

Oh my gosh hunny, we're human! Don't feel bad..guilt is such a wasted emotion,esp.for a few dorito's..feel good about the fact that you owed it,and are back,focused and ready to roll again...Kara said it perfectly. take care,choices~
Old 07-20-2007, 05:07 PM   #8  

I'm over the few doritos. Today my daughter insisted on McDonalds for lunch. I got the Grilled Chicken wrap (hold the dressing). Ate the grilled Chicken and threw the wrap in the garbage.
Old 07-20-2007, 06:43 PM   #9  
Visualizing the Goal

You rock. Super Willpower Woman, will you please fly over my house today?!

Kara
Closed Thread