Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2001, 06:13 PM   #1  

Default LA Weight Loss #40

Hello all!
I thought the last thread was getting a bit lengthy so I gave us a fresh start.

Nancy-
It sounds like you have been working way too much! I know the feeling though, things have been crazy for me too. I am just too tired when I get home to even eat. I have not been getting all my foods in this week. I have heard that eating nothing is worse than eating too much, so we better get back to the program!

Tomorrow is my last day at work until after the new year. What a welcome break! I really need it and can not wait!!!!

I finally fixed my scanner....I posted a pic in my profile! It is nice to be able to see who you chat with so much.

Take care all-

Last edited by Jibbelle; 12-22-2001 at 10:55 AM.
Old 12-20-2001, 11:10 PM   #2  

Jibbelle,

ENJOY your holidays! I wish that everyone could have a week off... life is just to fast-paced.

Worked until 2 PM today... made a quick run after that to Wal-Mart with my daughter-in-law & grandson. I needed that...

got to work in the AM & hope to get to the center in the PM... haven't made it all week... didn't eat a thing today until tonight... had an Arby's roast beef sandwich... although I did have water today... & one diet coke... just no time to plan or to eat.

I do need to get back OP... you are probably right about not eating... I am missing all my food groups... need to get back on track... if I can just make it through the holidays... I think that I can get re-motivated... at least I'm not overeating...

had to pick up some sinus tylenol... drippy nose, again... hope that it doesn't do like before... certaintly don't need the flu again.

Well, the dr visit went fine for my friend's daughter... it's a boy.. due March 6th according to dr... strong heartbeat... things seem to be ok... however they only have 2 months...

I bought her the book, "What to Expect When You ARE Expecting"
Teased her that she could skip the first 3/4 of the book... I have not read the book... but have heard several young moms say that they really liked it...

anyhow... as long as baby & mom are healthy... what more can you ask... fortunately things seem to be ok....

Take care... need to finish some paper work & make my list for last minute gifts.

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all!

Nancy
Old 12-21-2001, 02:46 PM   #3  

Hi Jibbelle and Nancy:
I've had an off again on again week with staying on program still going in for my weigh ins. Today I went in and did not want to look at the scale but I had a loss I was so happy. Only a 1/2 pound but it made my day. My center was having a contest. And I on third prise. If you went in three times a week and kept your diary they gave you these coupons. Stuff I already bought but it was for free so it saved me some money. Two boxes of the cereal bars a box of the delights and some cheese curls. I feel a little stressed with all this food going around I am ust trying to make it through these next couple of days and then come January I am looking to finish. Jibbelle did you reach your Christmas goal? I hope i have off next week it depends upon if my sister's mother-in-law is going to stay at her house. I could use the time to unwind.
Nancy I have been skipping to but I have been cheating and trying to make up for it my skipping other stuff. I do not feel good though I feel tired and bloated.
I go to weigh in tomarrow again. I will probably do the take-off after Christmas.
HAVE A HAPPY HOLIDAY
DIANE
4/10/01 201
12/21/01 147
goal 135
Old 12-21-2001, 06:33 PM   #4  

Diane-
Congrats on winning that contest!
I will know tomorrow morning if I made my Christmas goal. I sure hope so! If I do, then I need to sit down and figure out how much I want to lose by Valentine's day and put up a new goal. I really like short term goals. They help me a lot!

Is anyone doing any traveling for the holidays? I am going to visit my parents for a few days after Christmas....but they are only about 1.5 hour drive away. Not too bad as long as the weather is as nice as it has been.

Will post in the morning after weigh in. Only need to lose one pound to make that Christmas goal!!!
Old 12-21-2001, 08:21 PM   #5  

Talking

Hi Jibelle, It's Fran just dropping by. I just want to wish you good luck in reaching your X-Mas goal tomorow. I am crossing my fingers for you. Keep us posted. Are you ready for the holidays? I love this time of year. I am planning on eating what I want for X-Mas Eve yet i will wear a nice out fit so that I won't go overboard!!

Have a good holiday everone!!
Old 12-21-2001, 10:28 PM   #6  

Fran-
I am very ready for the holidays. I have just one last small gift to get. I know what it is and I just have to go get it in the morning after I go to the center. I am going to try and stay on plan for the holidays. Over Thanksgiving our center had a special where if you lost at least one pound over the holiday you got a $20 credit. I am trying for that again!

Thanks for the luck you are sending my way! I will let you know how my weigh in goes tomorrow.
Old 12-22-2001, 02:20 AM   #7  

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Well Ladies, I finally made it to my center... told them that I din't get a star today... what, no diary... but, I made it to the center... it's right here by the computer... oh well, they didn't murder me.

I was down 1-1/2 lbs... hooray! I think that I sat my Christmas goal to far away... I'm about 4 lbs short of the new Christmas goal.... but, I averaged over 2 lb loss per week... and that's not bad to me...

I shopped till I dropped... didn't get much... stuck to my list... my hubby had let me take one of the work pick-up trucks... they weren't using today... he said, what do you need the trk for... I told him that I was hoping to find a gas grill... assembled... for our son-in-law... I had come up with it yesterday... duh, last minute... none local... but, they had plenty in P'cola... my daughter had told me (I asked her opinion) that just a simple one without the burners would be fine... I found it at Lowe's... & not a bad price... my son-in-law is so good to assemble most everything that needs assembling.. but, i hated to have him assemble his own gift.

He gets off at 4 pm... but my daugther gets off at 5:30 & doesn't get home till nearly 6:30... I teased & told her that perhaps he would start cooking supper for her... that I'd help her train him...

anyhow, they didn't have one & I think that he will enjoy grilling...
hopefully, at least one or two nights a week.

helped my other daughter wrap all her gifts tonight & my last minute ones... still need a few stocking stuffers... they are giving me fits this year... I don't understand... they have always been my favorite...

hid all the clues for my grandson's treasure hunt...

I'm going to call it a night... I nearly forgot to check in & let you all know that I lost a little & to see how everyone was doing...

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
Nancy
Old 12-22-2001, 10:26 AM   #8  

Nancy-
Congrats on your loss! WAY TO GO!

You did much better than me. I just went to the center and I weigh the exact same as last Saturday. ARGH! I am hoping it is water retention or something of the sort. I am going back to the center Wednesday morning on my way out of town. I am hoping that I can lose that pesky pound before then. I REALLY want to make my Christmas goal. I think I can do it if I am good and drink lots of water! I am going to try really hard to stay on plan for the next few days.

Happy Holidays!
Old 12-22-2001, 06:29 PM   #9  

Default HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!

Hey there all!

Well our monitor blew at home a couple of weeks ago and we do not have internet at work so I have been missing in action!! I had a great time catching up. Sounds like you are all doing well! WAY TO GO JIBBELLE!! WWWWWOOOOHHHHHOOOOO!!!! I knew that you could do it! Good luck on your weigh in!! Well I have had a good couple of weeks. My clothes are fitting looser which is always good. Hate that scale so I am trying to go by my clothes. Anyway...I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!! We got a monitor from my husband's brother so I will be back soon!

Keep up the good work ladies!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Marciew
Old 12-23-2001, 08:39 AM   #10  

Hey Marcie!
Glad to see that you are back! It sounds as though you have shed a few pounds...keep up the good work!!!
Old 12-23-2001, 10:42 AM   #11  

Hi ladies:
I have not been sticking to program at all lately and feel terrible like I spent a night out drinking. I went to weigh in yesterday but I cheated to did not take anything off, shoes, heavy sweater so I had a gain of 4 pounds in one day. The councelor knew what I was doing and just laughed. She wrote in my chart that I ate cheese curls all night. She said she won't weigh me on Wednesday. They also said if I did not follow the program for five days the I could do the three day take off, but they said do the two day instead. But I think at this point I want to do the three day instead.
When I joined we used oranges instead of the juice could you tell be how much juice I would need to use in the day. I think the three day diet is still the same otherwise with the eggs and unlimited protein.
Nancy congrats on the Weight loss. I am going to my sisters today. She also invited my father. We usually do not spend Christmas with him so this will be nice.
Marcie glad your clothes are feeling looser.
Jibbelle good luck going for the credit again.
Is everyone else's center closed tomarrow?
Have a great Day!
Diane
Old 12-23-2001, 11:08 AM   #12  

Diane-
Sorry to hear you are having so many problems...but I think it is because of the time of year. I bet it will be much easier for all of us to stay on the plan after New Years!

As for that juice drink....I think you mix 8oz of juice with 8oz of water twice a day. I usually made up a bottle of it and sipped on it all day long. I did not like it much so it took me a while to drink it. A lot of people really like it though.

Our center is closed Monday and Tuesday. I really wish they were open for a few hours on Monday morning, but oh well. I will stop by there Wednesday before I leave town to go to my parents house.

Take care all!
Old 12-25-2001, 08:23 AM   #13  

Talking Merry Christmas!

I want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

And gals....my Christmas wish came true!!! I weighed in today (12/26) at 247.4!!! My Christmas goal was 248, so I made it!!! WOOHOO! I will post a new goal later this week.

I am off to my parents house for a couple days. No internet there so I will catch up when I get back on Friday.

Take care all-
MarcieB

Last edited by Jibbelle; 12-26-2001 at 10:35 AM.
Old 12-26-2001, 01:08 PM   #14  

Hi Ladies:
I hope everyone had a wonderful Holiday.
I went on for my weigh in today up I think a pound and half.
Jibbelle congrats on reaching your Christmas goal. You are just so good. I am doing take off for two days I am looking foward to it actually I want to feel in balance again.
Have a nice time with your family.
My mother was in the hospital for Christmas. I feel kind of angry at her for not taking care of herself. I think at some level she does not want to get better because she does not want to go back to work. I asked her what she is going to do with herself she did not have an answer.
Have a good day
Diane
Old 12-28-2001, 06:03 PM   #15  

Diane-
I am sorry to hear about your mother. Is she doing better now?

I just made it home from my parents. I had a great time with everyone, but I sure am glad to be home!

I am going to the center in the morning to weigh in. After that I will post a new goal. I think I am going to try and lose 10 lbs by Valentine's Day.

Hope everyone had a great holiday!
Closed Thread