The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 07-19-2007, 11:07 AM   #1  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Default Biggest Loser_TV Guide article

Should be an interesting new season.........

Quote:
The drill sergeant is back. After taking a year off to "expand her brand," no-nonsense fitness guru and author Jillian Michaels is not only returning to TBL, she's shaking things up. This season's dieters will be divided into three teams instead of two. And Michaels will secretly train the third squad, "Rocky" style, at remote off-campus locations. (The other weight watchers will live in college dorms instead of the plush ranch setting of past seasons.) "I have the team of rejects," says Michaels. "Every single person on my team had a knee or ankle replaced. Every.Single.One."
Old 07-19-2007, 12:55 PM   #2  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

I agree that it will be interesting. I wonder why they are taking so much away from the original show? (Ex. Changing hosts, staying in college dorms and adding a new team of people with leg issues.)

I never watched the seasons with Jillian in them so I'm sure I'm in for something a little different than I'm used to.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:21 PM   #3  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

It sounds like it's a lower budget show. College dorms during the summer months (or anytime for that matter) are much cheaper to rent than a luxurious spa ranch.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:24 PM   #4  

That's kinda rude a "team of rejects"
Old 07-19-2007, 05:40 PM   #5  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Hopefully a "foot in the mouth" comment, not a true judgement of the team. I do question the wisdom of "Rocky-style" high pressure training on people with serious injuries and/or degenerative joint disease.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:26 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Wow, so maybe Kim Lyons is actually staying, and they are just adding this third team. Interesting.........

College dorms instead of the ranch??? In the summer? (potentially no a/c!) Boy, wouldn't you be TICKED if you showed up and oh, btw, change in location. I don't think I'd even be unpacking! Interesting to see how they will set decorate since part of the attraction of the original show is the beautiful scenery and lush digs. Hmmmmm
Old 07-29-2007, 06:59 PM   #7  
upsgirl

S/C/G: 213/187/130

Height: 5'4"

WOW! I am suprised. I had no idea that Jillian was coming back. I cannot wait for the season to start. I seen that they were having a special show on Sept 4th, like a reunion show and where the contestants are at now. I am interested to see if the wait has stayed off.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:14 PM   #8  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

The two from season one who married had put some back on when they came to talk to the season two people. He talked about his challenges.

I did not watch season one, but I watched the specials that came after. They had Army wives vs. Navy wives, families against families, engaged couples against engaged couples. It was really interesting to see such parallel people, and I was bummed that they did not do something similar this year.

I am interested to see the September 4 reunion. I know that from last season, Pam has done well. She is from Indiana and joined the governor in some PSAs for weight loss. (Our motto should be: Indiana--come for the auto racing, stay for the gravy.)
Old 07-31-2007, 01:44 PM   #9  
banned

wow im glad i saw this thread bc i diodnt know about 9/4! thanks!!

jills come back? ut oh!!!!!
Old 08-16-2007, 04:24 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

This should be a very interesting season, then! I always liked Jillian more than Kim, so I'm glad she'll be back!

I wonder if the change in structure will have any impact on the amount of loss, maintenance and "tricks" used by the contestants.
Old 08-21-2007, 02:49 PM   #11  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthetee View Post
I am interested to see the September 4 reunion. I know that from last season, Pam has done well. She is from Indiana and joined the governor in some PSAs for weight loss. (Our motto should be: Indiana--come for the auto racing, stay for the gravy.)
As a transplanted Hoosier, I had to laugh at this one!!
Old 08-21-2007, 03:58 PM   #12  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

I always really liked Jillian--and cause I download so many Torrents off the internet, I have downloaded two seasons of the U.S. Biggest Loser, and I also downloaded the Australian one. They focused heavily on the emotional battle in the Australian one, and I feel like Jillian is portrayed much more fairly in that one
Old 08-21-2007, 04:11 PM   #13  
The Weight's Coming Off!

S/C/G: 245/245/155?

Height: 5' 6"

I think they needed to shake it up some, can't do the same thing year after year and keep your viewers. I'm glad to see Jillian coming back. I bought her first book but lent it to someone who swears she gave it back to me (NOT!).
What's this about a new host? Caroline Rhea was good, but needed to get in the game, if you know what I mean.
As long as Bob's back - I love him! He's a little too touchy-feely, but he's awesome in the DVD.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:10 PM   #14  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

I like that Jillian's back. Kim doesn't seem genuine to me. I LOVE BOB!! I'm so excited about the reunion show. I will get my fix sooner now.