Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 06:54 AM   #1  

Smile Need Help on what I am doing wrong!

Hello everyone. I have been doing WW for about 2 weeks and I haven't lose a pound. I count my points. Do you think that maybe I am eatting to much bread! I usually have one sand for lunch. I also have cereal in the morning. Is there anything that anyone eats that is easy to eat on the go. I am going to increase my exercise tho. I only walk about 2 miles 4 times a week. THanks for anyone that answers or any input. Have a great day.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:31 AM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

Points are based on calories so you are already accounting for them. Now you didn't give us much to go on so I will post some questions you honestly answer them:

1) Where in your points range (range meaning utilizing your TPs, APs, and FPs) are you eating? Most people find they lose better when eating most if not all of their points for the week. Especially if you are exercising you need to eat toward a high point total and not the lower end. The reason is because your body thinks it is starving and slows down your metabolism and holds on to the calories you intake.

2) What are you spending your points on? Review the POINTSPIES (Also make sure you get in some HEALTHY fat (not butter, margarine, mayo, real salad dressing, etc but canola, safflower, sunflower, olive or flax seed oil...) however your fats really should for health concerns come from non-saturated sources. I had subconsciously removed almost all fat from my diet and had plateaued for SIX (count them 6) months. Make sure you get in some fat. Again W/W and nutritionists recommend for health healthy fats such as olive, canola oils etc but the important thing is to not eliminate the fat and get in at least 2 points in these healthy fats (this is from nutritional courses).

3) Are you drinking your water?

4) Are you eating a lot of processed foods (canned, frozen, etc.) which contain a lot of sodium, which causes water retention. What about diet sodas? They can cause bloating and water retention.

5) Are you exercising? Have you taken your measurements to see if you are building muscle while losing? Remember muscle weighs 2.2 times more than fat volume for volume (this means for a 3”x3” piece of muscle and a 3”x3” piece of fat the muscle will be 2.2 times heavier). If you are exercising remember to eat high in your point range. Also if you just started or changed this activity your muscles tend to retain water and thus show sometimes gains or maintains that are true.

6) Are you journaling? This includes every BLT (bite, lick and taste). Those BLTs can add up in 'hidden' points. My leader suggested for each BLT or freebie to put a tick mark in your journal and for each 4-5 add 1 point to your day.

7) Are you calculating points correctly? Ninety percent of new members don't count points correctly. I have a favorite muffin and I realized my 3-point muffin is really 6 points because it is 2 servings. Make sure you use the nutritional information rather than the 'generic' list W/W puts out. You'll find a lot of differences.

Once you have analyzed these things then you need to start playing with the program to adapt it to you and your body. Like reducing the carbs and increasing the protein and stuff like that.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:31 AM   #3  
Cowboy Up Chick

Points Pies

Balanced (under 250 pounds)

Complex Carbs/Grain Based Foods – 8-9 points a day
Protein-rich Foods – 6-7 points a day
Fruits and Veggies – 0-3 points a day
Fats, added sugars – 2-3 points a day
Milk and Milk Products – 4-6 points a day

20-28 points a day

Higher Protein (under 250 pounds)

Complex Carbs/Grain Based Foods – 5-6 points a day
Protein-rich Foods – 9-11 points a day
Fruits and Veggies – 0-1 points a day
Fats, added sugars – 2-4 points a day

20-28 points a day

Higher Carb (under 250 pounds)

Complex Carbs/Grain Based Foods – 9-10 points a day
Protein-rich Foods – 5-7 points a day
Fruits and Veggies – 1-3 points a day
Fats, added sugars – 1-2 points a day

20-28 points a day

-----

Balanced (over 250 pounds)

Complex Carbs/Grain Based Foods – 11 points a day
Protein-rich Foods – 10 points a day
Fruits and Veggies – 3-4 points a day
Fats, added sugars – 2-3 points a day

30-34 points a day

Higher Protein (over 250 pounds)

Complex Carbs/Grain Based Foods – 8 points a day
Protein-rich Foods – 12 points a day
Fruits and Veggies – 2-3 points a day
Fats, added sugars – 4-5 points a day

30-34 points a day

Higher Carb (over 250 pounds)

Complex Carbs/Grain Based Foods – 13 points a day
Protein-rich Foods – 8 points a day
Fruits and Veggies – 2-4 points a day
Fats, added sugars – 3 points a day

30-34 points a day
Old 07-23-2007, 12:30 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/ST/140

Water! Water! Water!
It sure makes the difference. WW recommends 6-8 8 oz. glasses per day but i read that you should devide your weight in half and that is the number of oz. you should drink in a day. Makes sense, a larger person would need more water than a slim fit person. Of course the numbers can be daunting if you have a lot to lose.

Tiffanie
Old 07-25-2007, 09:34 AM   #5  
Mum of 3 boys

S/C/G: 255/242/185

Height: Short

Drink water, water and more water. Remember the food pyramid? You are suppose to have 4-6 grains/bread during the day this includes: bread, rice and cereals. I have cereal and a sandwich on most days and it does not affect me weight wise, you just have to remember whole is better than processed and to check your portions. GL on the WL.
Closed Thread