General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2001, 12:41 PM   #1  
hot mom wanna be!

Default Slender Weigh

I was wondering if anyone else here has used or is using Slender Weigh? I just started using it a week ago, I bought one bottle and the bottle of carb blockers. I had lost 30 pounds this year from January to May and then have just maintained that loss. I have had some craziness at home with my marriage seperation this August, my son starting school, the holidays, etc..but hadn't really lost anymore because I guess I wasn't trying hard enough. Since Wed last week I have lost 3 pounds. I don't know if I will get another months supply due to the cost but I like that it's giving me a jump start in the right direction again.

I know some people will say negative things about it since it's a pill, but it does seem to help and it has given me hope to get the rest of this weight off.
thanks~
lorelei
(313/278/273 New Years goal) 160 =ultimate goal
Old 12-26-2001, 10:08 AM   #2  

Default Slender Weigh?

Hi lorelei!
I have never heard of Slender Weigh, but I think you may have touched on what will work. I have been eating low carbohydrate for a little over 5 months and I have lost 50-52 pounds. Up until I had read this book "How I gave up my low fat diet and lost 40 pounds!" by Dana Carpender, I had given up on losing weight. I have found hope now. I have over 100 pounds to lose still, but now I know I will be able to do it. It's not about eating less and low fat. What works is lowering the carbohydrates in your diet and eating more protein and vegies. Too many carbs make your body store the fat.

I have never trusted pills. I think it's important to figure out how to change the way you eat, so it can be a life time change and not a yo-yo diet. So I hope that helps...check out the book, it really helped me. Lowcarbgal
Old 12-28-2001, 06:14 PM   #3  
hot mom wanna be!

Angry hi lowcarbgal!

Thanks for your response, I was beginning to think nobody would.
I will look for the book, I love to read! I guess I know deep down pills arent the answer, I was hoping for a little nudge. I had lost 30 and maintained which is great but that was it! I need to lose a lot more too. Congrats on your killer weight loss! WOW!!
I cant wait to say I've lost that much too.
Anyway, thanks for the suggestion about low carb and the book too, I will definately look into it!

lorelei
Old 12-29-2001, 11:35 PM   #4  

Default Vegetarian?

Hi lorelei1,
I just noticed that you have voluptious vegetarian under your name. I have just read a few new posts at the other low carb forum I go to that had to do with vegetarian low carbing. It's not the USUAL way of low carb eating---but if you can eat eggs and cheese I think you could do it. The main thing is to make sure you get enough protein. Let me know if you are interested and I can get you the website for the other forum for you. Lowcarbgal
Closed Thread